MaxQue Office (At-large Senator)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:41:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MaxQue Office (At-large Senator)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: MaxQue Office (At-large Senator)  (Read 10427 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 12:50:30 PM »

It's not traditional in Atlasia that the President and VP share a common ideology, at least not necessarily. There's more to creating a ticket than just seeing which person might be closest on a political basis.

While I certainly agree that people such as.....Afleitch, myself...or as you mentioned, Hashemite, might be somewhat closer to PiT on various issues, we believe that Happy will ultimately serve Atlasia with his high level of interest, activity, and experience....and yes, obviously, I'll admit, our merger does seek to gain the most popular support possible, that's obvious, isn't it? Our primary goal is to reform Atlasia....especially regarding what we believe to be an ineffective and incompetent administration at present. We believe that the DA's solid majority in the Senate, combined with some conservative executive leadership, has the best chance of doing good work for Atlasia and balancing things out.

To your second point about the DA as a party....I believe you vastly overstate the differences among our members. I've said it before....I challenge you to find a single member that could be considered socially conservative. Even in economics....you can hardly find any member that doesn't support universal healthcare.....progressive taxation....or some level of free trade (yes, I'm aware that there's one major exception here Wink). The difference between "center-left" and "center-right" isn't what you try to portray it as within the Democratic Alliance.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 12:58:55 PM »

Yeah Max and Realisticidealist apparently have so much in common politically.....yeah right.

But I suppose the fact that Max is now a member of the JCP makes that alright....anything to gain power, eh Marokai?

Yeah, well, it's not all about politics. I once said after being elected that if I felt that Max could do a better job, or at least if I didn't desire it anymore, that he was welcome to take my seat. I am fulfilling that promise.

I didn't realise you were retiring, realisticidealist. You certainly have been an improvement of the typical JCP politician. Got any plans for the future?

Despite our disagreements I have a certain amount of respect for Max and I am sure the Pacific will be in good hands.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 01:06:09 PM »

Yeah Max and Realisticidealist apparently have so much in common politically.....yeah right.

But I suppose the fact that Max is now a member of the JCP makes that alright....anything to gain power, eh Marokai?

Yeah, well, it's not all about politics. I once said after being elected that if I felt that Max could do a better job, or at least if I didn't desire it anymore, that he was welcome to take my seat. I am fulfilling that promise.

I didn't realise you were retiring, realisticidealist. You certainly have been an improvement of the typical JCP politician. Got any plans for the future?

Not at this time, but I may be back someday.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »

As I do not know very much about where you stand and believe passionately about certain issues in particular, I will ask you the same question I asked NC Yankee:

As much of the legislation in the Senate has dealt with either labor or energy directed initiatives, where do you stand on some of the pending and recently passed legislation on the subjects? In addition, relating to increased activity, what specific reforms would you propose to accomplish this goal?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »

Not at this time, but I may be back someday.

I hope that doesn't mean you will be leaving Atlasia completely until that time. There are many things you can do outside of office that don't require much effort. Still give your input on things and don't be afraid to stick your nose where it don't belong.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 08:32:22 PM »

So Purple, if I understand well, you want my opinion on current Senate bills and on the issues themselves.

''Nuclear Power Advancement Bill'' and energy issues

I support this bill. I'm not a big supporter of nuclear power because of the problem of nuclear waste, but nuclear is better than coal, oil and natural gas. I prefer renewable resources like wind and hydroelectricity, but I know than this is not possible everywhere. We must help to find ways to do efficient and secure stockage of the waste and help scientists who are searching ways to reduce this problem.

Free Communications Bill

I totally disagree with the idea of a ''Commission for Media Truth''. I don't like than the government can decide what the truth is. We should only act when a thing is blatantly false. I support the Federal Communications Commission, but his power should be greatly limited.

Repeal of the Affirmative Action Bill

No affirmative action. People can't be discriminated because they are white men. We struggle for equality. Affirmative action is not equality. The most competent person for an office should be hired, no matter his sex or his skin color. Also, that can bring racism because an immigrant will be hired before a person who lived in Atlasia since his birth, regardless of the competence of the person.

Fair Trade Renewal Bill

I agree with the Smid's amendment. Laws must be clear and not subjective. If a country subsides a product, we must put a tariff on that product. If we do not, we are victims of dumping. Also, free trade must be reciprocal and only with countries who respect workers and environment. That's important to me. Atlasia is not a dump for cheap labor products.

Amendment to the Marijuana Legalization and Taxation Act

I agree to this act. I like than some power is delegated to regions, but I will talk of that in details in my inactivity platform.

I will continue later.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »

Well so far I will say I like what I see. I look forward to hearing the rest of your views.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »

Yeah it looks good. I was wondering for the nuclear energy, will you use that till you can find another way for energy or will you let Atlasia become reliant on it?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 10:56:32 PM »

Yeah it looks good. I was wondering for the nuclear energy, will you use that till you can find another way for energy or will you let Atlasia become reliant on it?

It would depend of when and what is that energy. In fact, I don't expect than a new way to produce energy will be discovered during my term.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 11:25:29 PM »

Atlasian Tax Code Resolution

While the preamble of this resolution is wrong, I think than rewriting the tax code is a good idea.

Modification to the World War II Commemoration Act

Despite the name, that will delete the Martin Luther King Day. I oppose deleting holidays. Our workers needs more holidays, not less. Holidays make than employees are happier and reposed, so they will be more productive.

Comprehensive Drug Reform Bill

Nay. I disagree with legalizing a drug without proof than this will be not a danger for the children of the nation. Also, I think than we should act one drug by one. Each drug is unique. The original bill, for legalizing heroine, is an awful bill. That's one of the worst drugs!

Atlasian Agriculture Reinvestment Bill

I oppose cutting agriculture subsidies for small farms. I agree with Clauses 3 and 4. Rich people don't need subsidies. For the tobacco, I would cut any subsidies now, but I would give them money to help them to convert to the farming of another plant.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 11:30:22 PM »

It would depend of when and what is that energy. In fact, I don't expect than a new way to produce energy will be discovered during my term.
i know. but what would you replace it with if you could?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 11:33:49 PM »

It depends of where in Atlasia.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2009, 11:36:45 PM »

how about DC?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 11:43:06 PM »

how about DC?

We say Nyman, not DC anymore.

How I would know? I'm not an expert in energy.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 11:47:11 PM »

how about DC?

why would you call it Nyman?

ugh this was for nothing.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 11:50:01 PM »

how about DC?

This city was renamed by the Senate in the beginning of Atlasia. Everybody know that!
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »

how about DC?

This city was renamed by the Senate in the beginning of Atlasia. Everybody know that!
sure but why?
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 11:51:48 PM »

Nym90 was the first President.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 11:51:58 PM »

how about DC?

sure but why?

In honour of Nym, our first president.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2009, 11:52:37 PM »

oh ok. thanks both of you.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 12:10:46 AM »

Actually, DC is probably still an acceptable term, as the District of Columbia still exists as a state (or at least as a de facto state) in the Mideast Region. The city name was changed from Washington to Nyman, though, so I think "Nyman, DC" would be the full name.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 12:09:14 PM »

Workers' Bill of Rights Bill

Don't like than the ''living wage'' part was deleted. Also dislike than an artificially balanced commission name the Chairmen of the OAL.

Fuel Efficient Cars Bill

Good idea to help people to get more environmental cars.

Atlasia-Iraq Free Trade Bill

I agree with the law. Iraq is a fair and free country. Regulations on work and environment are sufficient there, I suppose. I also agree with PS' amendment. We should help other countries who wish to enhance and consolidate their democratic system.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2009, 10:02:22 PM »

Bump.

I will go slower now to not confuse voters with the Special Senate Election.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »

Good luck Smiley
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »

I know than the election already began, but I want to talk about the last element of my program: Activity.

People are talking about getting more members in Atlasia. I don't like than we focus on number. We must focus on finding quality Atlasians, not those new kinds of zombie voters, who are posting just enough times to become Atlasians and after only come to vote.

We need quality Atlasians, not people who are not able to say something coherent to support their views.

Atlasia is a country of debates, not a country of ''Aye'', ''Nay'' and ''I vote for him''.

Quality is what is needed for Atlasia and I will fight in the Senate for laws to maintain or to improve quality. I will not let Atlasia going downhill.

I agree with the Constitutional Amendment to raise what is needed to vote in Atlasia.

The other element of activity than I want to talk about today is Regional Activity. I remember the law to create grants to help students to go to university. How to distribute it was leaved to regions. Some regions decided to debate on that. That is very good. When I will be elected, I will approve of laws doing that. I will also support to retire the money to a region if a region does nothing to decide how to spend it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies