The Direction of the Republican party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Direction of the Republican party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Direction of the Republican party  (Read 7899 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 03:12:55 AM »

Given how Obama has discredited a good chunk of the civil rights/victimology industry by virtue of his being elected period if the GOP were to drop the nixonite code-words and dixie accent it could make good inroads among nonwhites.

Republicans always play the victim card for well-connected Southern white Christians, and they've done fairly well in Presidential elections in the last few decades.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 11:06:53 AM »

Hopefully, now that Democrats finally have their full control, they will do what we did in the mid-2000's, and self-destruct their party.

Too bad for you Obama isn't going to invade a country that poses no threat to us and then completely botch it resulting in a giant disaster and embarassment.

Too bad for all of us Obama is going to sign a trillion-dollar turkey of a spending bill into law.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »

Hopefully, now that Democrats finally have their full control, they will do what we did in the mid-2000's, and self-destruct their party.

Too bad for you Obama isn't going to invade a country that poses no threat to us and then completely botch it resulting in a giant disaster and embarassment.

Too bad for all of us Obama is going to sign a trillion-dollar turkey of a spending bill into law.

spending rose by way more than that under Dubya.
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2009, 11:40:11 AM »

spending rose by way more than that under Dubya.

I know.  And it was too bad for all of us.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »

No, he is going to do it to this country. Tongue

BTW, Iraq just had provincial elections. They were better handled than our elections.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 07:31:29 PM »

No, he is going to do it to this country. Tongue

BTW, Iraq just had provincial elections. They were better handled than our elections.

very true.  I am hoping we can hold our ground for a couple of years until we get Congress back.  I think Obama will remind Americans of Jimmy Carter and big spending liberals and they will remember how good things were under President Reagan.  We need to get back to serious conservatism and I am really optimistic that we will.  It will just take time.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 07:36:49 PM »

Thank God that people like Coburn in 2012 are running the GOP.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:28 PM »

Thank God that people like Coburn in 2012 are running the GOP.

Huh?
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »

GOP needs to become a libertarianish party and drop the fundies like coburn, inhofe, palin, jindal...
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

GOP needs to become a libertarianish party and drop the fundies like coburn, inhofe, palin, jindal...

You mean a party that endorses baby murder?  One that thinks two dudes fisting each other at a rest area should be called marriage?  Or one that doesn't believe in protecting America from
terrorists with what ever means necessary?

We already have a party like that.  The Democrat Party.

I will grant you the Libertarians are pretty sharp when it comes to taxes, spending and such matters but the Republicans bring at least some of that good sense to the mix along with a strong believe in morality, national security and Americanism.
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 08:21:51 PM »

1 What you call 'baby murder' helps slow population growth and help caused crime to drop ALOT in the 90s. Honestly, America would be alot better off if it's population was stable and not growing.
2 Wow, way to be homophobic. It's really sickening that attitudes like that don't get called out and regarded as terrible and unacceptable.
3 The war on terror only exists because of terrible US foreign policy decisions such as backing Israel and backing the dictators in the ME.
4 The GOP agenda of low taxes, high spending and militarist corporatism has only served to benefit a wealthy elite at the expense of real americans.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 08:22:41 PM »

Oh. Wow.

You call it baby murder, I call it freedom of choice. Two dudes fisting at a rest area? I know! Larry Craig(R). Gay marriage is a symbol of anti-discrimination, just like interracial marriage. And if you think the Democratic Party doesn't care about protecting the country, then you have incredible Republican bias.

Lay off the talking point mmk?
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 08:24:24 PM »

The man has a 9.17 social score. Enough said.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 08:24:48 PM »

Btw, just to show that you obviously are really ignorant and arrogant when it comes to gay marriage, let's do a quick review. The Republicans' base, like Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana and such, all ban gay marriage, have the highest divorce rates and are sh**tty places to live. Places that allow non-discriminatory marriage like Massachusetts, has one of the lowest divorce rates in the country.

Talk about true conservative values!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Who else would support Coburn for president?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 08:30:12 PM »

Again, I'm very, very glad that people like Coburn In 2012 are the leaders of the Republican party. Way to not learn any lessons from the past eight years guys.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 08:30:42 PM »

This coming from the same person who said that "libertarianism is a sick joke on the face of humanity"? As if that were not bad enough, he said it twice?? LOL
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 08:31:37 PM »

It's Big L Libertarianism that's the sick joke not small L Libertarian.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »

When a human being is killed, it's murder.  Why doesn't the Democrat Party just come out and admit that they are pro-murder.  It's a baby right?  It's life is terminated right?  Murder.  Would you feel better if we called it manslaughter?  

Now on the other matter I love how liberals always call it homophobia.  Phobia implies FEAR.  I am hardly afraid of some one who is light in the loafers.  What I am afraid of is their movement and their agenda.  Check out this FACTUAL web site before you judge...

http://leaderu.com/critical/gay90.html

I am sure there are many very nice and harmless gays.  But review the information.  There is a danger here and allowing such individuals to get married is a really slippery slope.

So let us say Bill can marry Bob leagally.  Okay fine.  They are both adults.

Now let us say that after ten years or so, certain men start wanting to marry little girls.  Or little boys.  Now we say, "YUCK -- that's pedophila and its unnatural".  But in ten years?  20?

Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »

1 It's not murder and until the fetus is out of the woman and has it's umbilical cord severed it's not a baby period. End of story.
2 Wanting equal rights is now an agenda? Also, equating gays with pedophilia? Man, that went out of fashion like 20 years ago.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 08:35:35 PM »

LOL at people believing that "Coburn In 2012" is a real poster.  C'mon man, give it up, who are you really?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 08:38:11 PM »

Yeah, his last post is pretty strong proof that he's a joke poster.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 08:39:17 PM »

I'm not calling you homophobic, I'm calling you intolerant. Discriminatory. Hateful. You're beneath me. How dare you compare my love for another man to pedophilia? I don't care about your stupid websites, homosexuality does not create pedophilia, they are two different things. And if you want a Bible reference, Joseph was an old man and Mary was what, 15? They were married.

Things change. Marriage is a union between two consenting adults. You'll never understand, I don't expect you to. You obviously think gay marriage will trigger the apocalypse, and you should if it makes you sleep better at night. Ignorance is bliss and apparently the saying fits you well.

I respect everyone's opinion here cause we're a diverse group, but if you think you can just come here and disrespect me and tell me how I love and compare it to something disgusting and wrong then you obviously think too highly of yourself.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Actually you're right but it feels so good to get that off my chest after ages.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 08:42:06 PM »

1 It's not murder and until the fetus is out of the woman and has it's umbilical cord severed it's not a baby period. End of story.
2 Wanting equal rights is now an agenda? Also, equating gays with pedophilia? Man, that went out of fashion like 20 years ago.

1.  They ARE babies.  Many of them survive after a few months of gestation.  

2.  No, homosexuality is not pedophilia and I think when conservatives say they are the same they are being very unfair.  Many straight people molest children of the opposite sex.  Pedophilia is an entirely different but equally unnatural behavior.  My point was that 50 years ago, sex between two adult men was considered unnatural and unhealthy. Now it's not only acceptable, it's very trendy.  Today, sex between an adult man and a boy is considered unnatural and unhealthy.  But 20 or 30 years from now?  It's called a slippery slope for a reason.

Did you study the link I offered?  Here it is again http://leaderu.com/critical/gay90.html
Matt Damon™
donut4mccain

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 08:45:11 PM »

1 Preemies tend to die or suffer SEVERE problems so no, not really. Then again we have far too many people being born as is so why add more?
2 Uh huh. Ever thought that maybe sex acts between consenting adults aren't the same as ones involving kids.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 08:48:23 PM »

Trust me, the gay rights movement will not turn into a pedophillia or polygamy movement. I believe in gay rights and marriage because these people are not enjoying the same right and benefits that other citizens are because some lawmakers have decided against it because who they love. It's discrimination. Civil unions and domestic partnerships are great, but it comes back to the "equal but seperate" laws that I thought we got over.

I would not support a pedophillia or polygamy movemenet. The arguments for that are weak, especially the whole consent issue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies