Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 05:09:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC  (Read 25646 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2009, 01:33:22 AM »

Governor's Update 47

The following is a copy of the official certification for the vote on the Right to Education Amendment to the Third Mideast Constitution:

Official Certification

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[  ] AYE - 12
[  ] NAY
[  ] ABSTAIN

officepark's vote was not counted, as it was cast after the voting booth had closed.

Inks.LWC

Inks.LWC
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »

Governor's Update 48

The following is a copy of the official certification for the vote on the Public IP Address Amendment:

Official Certification

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[  ] AYE - 13
[  ] NAY - 3
[  ] ABSTAIN - 1

Inks.LWC

Inks.LWC
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2009, 04:05:58 AM »

Dear Governor,

I hereby resign from my position as Mideast Assemblyman.

I'm deeply sorry to write you this so abruptly, but a mix of personal and Atlasian reasons have pushed me not to stick to my word to, at least, finish my term.

I'm aware that you're the first to be bothered by this... and I respectfully ask you to forgive me.

I wish you the best in your fine work as Governor. You were always respectful of laws, of human beings and of common sense, and in a humble way. These are rare qualities nowadays, especially in Atlasia.

Yours friendly.

Now former Assemblyman Big Bad Fab
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #228 on: December 10, 2009, 04:07:00 AM »

Please appoint Einzige, Gov. Inks. Please.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #229 on: December 10, 2009, 04:34:49 AM »

Our Governor may pick someone who is as close as possible to my ideas and positionings, to be fair with last elections' results.

Devilman would be a logical choice.
Elvis Republican also, but he is not active in Atlasia.

But trust Inks, he's the best
(and the most bothered now that he must find someone...).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #230 on: December 10, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »

Mr. Governor:

Understanding that appointing a replacement to the Assembly is your prerogative, there is at least one current vacancy in the Assembly, and possibly one or two more depending on the election this weekend and whether Giovanni ever resurfaces. With that in mind may I suggest appointing BenConstine to the Assembly? He certainly has the experience within this region. His support in the last election was impressive and broad-based, falling just short of being elected.

As a final note from our recent litigation, I PM'd Al right after Peter's decision and it turns out Al did intend for the "George Orwell" first pref to be passed over and transfer to me after all. Just as it was in September's election which apparently led him to believe the vote would be similarly counted this time. This, of course, would've resulted in Ben's election. Unfortunately, Peter--as smart as he is and still holding my support for CJO--was incorrect in determining a lack of intent in Al's vote. Al also should've been legally able to recast his vote in light of Peter's ruling based on his reasonable expectation his vote would be counted the same way as in September, but the seven day statute of limitations for challenging the certification passed the day before Peter's verdict and my discovery from Al.

While I accept the ruling, the point is the will of the electorate was to elect Ben, and it was a misinterpretation by yourself in counting Al's vote in September's election led to his ballot being similarly miscast last month, and thus directly resulted in Ben's defeat by error.

Hey, by appointing him it's the best of both worlds where OfficePark and Ben both win! :-)
Seriously though, with the sudden looming vacancypolooza, the Assembly could greatly use an experienced moderate person with tangable public support to help guide it in the coming session.

Please seriously consider it.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2009, 03:08:14 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2009, 03:17:44 PM by SoIA Nixon »

Appoint Ben, Einzige, or Josh, dear governor. Either would be excellent in the Assembly.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2009, 03:14:52 PM »

Badger, that is just ridiculous. Al should vote properly if he wants it to count. How about we let all the people who didn't vote properly vote again? Then Einzige would win.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2009, 03:34:52 PM »

I trust the Governor to make a wise choice in this matter.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »

It's unfortunate that NiK may not be viewed as a "registered voter" in the Mideast, because he would be the best choice, the closest to the popular will regarding myself.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »

Governor's Update 49

I am going to be driving home from school for winter break after a meeting tonight, so I'll make a decision tomorrow.

Inks.LWC
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »

Mr. Governor:

Understanding that appointing a replacement to the Assembly is your prerogative, there is at least one current vacancy in the Assembly, and possibly one or two more depending on the election this weekend and whether Giovanni ever resurfaces. With that in mind may I suggest appointing BenConstine to the Assembly? He certainly has the experience within this region. His support in the last election was impressive and broad-based, falling just short of being elected.

As a final note from our recent litigation, I PM'd Al right after Peter's decision and it turns out Al did intend for the "George Orwell" first pref to be passed over and transfer to me after all. Just as it was in September's election which apparently led him to believe the vote would be similarly counted this time. This, of course, would've resulted in Ben's election. Unfortunately, Peter--as smart as he is and still holding my support for CJO--was incorrect in determining a lack of intent in Al's vote. Al also should've been legally able to recast his vote in light of Peter's ruling based on his reasonable expectation his vote would be counted the same way as in September, but the seven day statute of limitations for challenging the certification passed the day before Peter's verdict and my discovery from Al.

While I accept the ruling, the point is the will of the electorate was to elect Ben, and it was a misinterpretation by yourself in counting Al's vote in September's election led to his ballot being similarly miscast last month, and thus directly resulted in Ben's defeat by error.

Hey, by appointing him it's the best of both worlds where OfficePark and Ben both win! :-)
Seriously though, with the sudden looming vacancypolooza, the Assembly could greatly use an experienced moderate person with tangable public support to help guide it in the coming session.

If we're talking about the will of the electorate, then a conservative should be filling Big Bad Fab's place, since he was a conservative.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #237 on: December 10, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

Mr. Governor:

If we're talking about the will of the electorate, then a conservative should be filling Big Bad Fab's place, since he was a conservative.

BBF was not elected as a conservative.  He was elected because A) He was the incumbent and B) He was a good legislator.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #238 on: December 10, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »

Mr. Governor:

BBF was not elected as a conservative.  He was elected because A) He was the incumbent and B) He was a good legislator.

^^^^^ this. Besides, I suspect Inks will have a chance to appoint BOTH a conservative (or two) AND Ben in the coming days.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2009, 03:32:47 AM »

Mr. Governor:

^^^^^ this. Besides, I suspect Inks will have a chance to appoint BOTH a conservative (or two) AND Ben in the coming days.

I was always clear during my campaigns: though moderate, pragmatic and open (or at least I think so), I'm a conservative.
Sure, I'm not like NC Yank, but I'm more conservative than Tmth.
Every voter knew it.

And the names I've dropped here (Devilman and NiK) seem to fit that description (they are even a bit less conservative than me !) (Elvis Republican would probably be the closest).

But trust your Governor, he is wise !
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #240 on: December 12, 2009, 12:45:13 AM »

I would be glad to take his place if the Governor wants to put me there. Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2009, 12:48:21 AM »

Governor's Update 50

I have chosen Devilman88 to replace big bad fab.  Please swear yourself in.

Inks.LWC
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2009, 12:54:54 AM »

Governor's Update 50

I have chosen Devilman88 to replace big bad fab.  Please swear yourself in.

Inks.LWC

Thank you Gov. Inks!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »

Congrats, Josh.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #244 on: December 12, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

Congratulations! Cheesy
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #245 on: December 12, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2009, 05:55:00 PM »

Congratulations! Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »

Welcome to the Assembly!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2009, 07:59:47 PM »

Governor's Update 51

I am currently investigating the matter of Giovanni's second account, under the name Farmer-Labour and will be making an announcement about the future of Giovanni's Assembly position within the coming days.

Inks.LWC
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »

Would the Governor prefer I hold off on my swearing in? (If I am being sworn in)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies