Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:12:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Author Topic: Office of Mideast Governor Inks.LWC  (Read 25639 times)
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

Besides, I bet that if I were to recommend so and so person to hear the case, I would instantly be criticized for my choice. There is no reason that badger be treated differently.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2009, 09:18:57 PM »

My comment was directed at Badger, and meant in no way to "disrespect" Peter. Peter is a good man, full of integrity. I was just pointing out, almost in a joking way, that another reason Badger probably liked him is because they were close politically. Some of you forget this is a game, and blow little comments way out of proportion.

I'm not being a partisan hack. Actually, I'd personally prefer a moderate take the role in this case.

Badger, quit trying to act like you've been on Atlasia forever, because you've been here less than me. My comments were 100% true. Peter is liberal. There's nothing disrespectful about pointing that out.

This just proves one of the things that has been bugging me about Atlasia. People forget that it's just a game, and get way too defensive.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »

I think we can count on Peter's impartiality here.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2009, 09:32:42 PM »

My comment was directed at Badger, and meant in no way to "disrespect" Peter. Peter is a good man, full of integrity. I was just pointing out, almost in a joking way, that another reason Badger probably liked him is because they were close politically. Some of you forget this is a game, and blow little comments way out of proportion.

I'm not being a partisan hack. Actually, I'd personally prefer a moderate take the role in this case.

Badger, quit trying to act like you've been on Atlasia forever, because you've been here less than me. My comments were 100% true. Peter is liberal. There's nothing disrespectful about pointing that out.

This just proves one of the things that has been bugging me about Atlasia. People forget that it's just a game, and get way too defensive.

First: Office park: You're wrong. If you had suggested Peter I would've immediately concurred in the wise choice. I think I have a perfect right to chime in on suggestions for an impartial judge, particularly as it's my vote that was miscounted. I just filed suit on behalf of myself and Ben, BTW.

Tmth: Yes, you've been here a few months longer than I. Which means you should know just how perfect Peter is for this role because, as you said yourself, is a good man full of integrity. If I wanted to "stack the deck" by suggesting a political ally to be a shill as judge, Peter is the last guy I'd want.

Like I said, he's the guy for the role. If you choose to believe I suggested him because he's "a liberal" (at least compared to you and Office Park) and not because of his impartiality and experience, then you are simply incorrect.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2009, 09:35:44 PM »

Peter is one of the first guys you'd want if it went politically, actually. Wink He's close to you on politics, and he preferenced you first in the Assembly.
Once again, I never questioned Peter's integrity at all, and it kind of ticks me off how you guys jump on me for doing that, when I made no post referring to that. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I still think one of your motives for supporting Peter for this is because he's a liberal. Actually, since you are, I believe what you'd call a petitioner, you probably aren't in the best position anyways to be making suggestions for who to serve on this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2009, 09:38:41 PM »

This statement is laughable. When you start calling conspiracy on the choice of Peter, it is you who has forgotten that this is just a game. I know very well it's a game, but I don't tolerate, game or not, stupidity and that is what your original comment was. I'm happy to consider it a momentary lapse in judgement.

Oh, and who would you recommend to serve as CJO? Find someone other than Peter who both could and has the integrity to be trusted by all sides. And to respond to your "politically motivated" mumbo jumbo, Dibble would be fantastic as well (although I would assume the CJO must be from the Mideast).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #206 on: November 23, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »

Peter is one of the first guys you'd want if it went politically, actually. Wink He's close to you on politics, and he preferenced you first in the Assembly.
Once again, I never questioned Peter's integrity at all, and it kind of ticks me off how you guys jump on me for doing that, when I made no post referring to that. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I still think one of your motives for supporting Peter for this is because he's a liberal. Actually, since you are, I believe what you'd call a petitioner, you probably aren't in the best position anyways to be making suggestions for who to serve on this.
Tmth, do you think you're the only person who's observed Peter's integrity and fairness? Isn't it possible that that is the reason I concurred with (another petitioner) Purple State's recommendation? I'm more familiar with my motives than you, so let me explain to you that that was my motivation, not politics.

Also, when you talk about Peter's integrity and insist you weren't maligning his ability to hear this case in one breath, then in the next state how you'd "like a moderate to hear the case"---clearly implying Peter's political views would cloud his fairly hearing this case---that rather undermines your argument.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #207 on: November 23, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »

Tmth, do you think you're the only person who's observed Peter's integrity and fairness? Isn't it possible that that is the reason I concurred with (another petitioner) Purple State's recommendation? I'm more familiar with my motives than you, so let me explain to you that that was my motivation, not politics.

Also, when you talk about Peter's integrity and insist you weren't maligning his ability to hear this case in one breath, then in the next state how you'd "like a moderate to hear the case"---clearly implying Peter's political views would cloud his fairly hearing this case---that rather undermines your argument.

Of course the two of you agree on this. Now, if one of us were to agree to Peter, that argument would have made some sense.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2009, 10:03:14 PM »

lol, This is being blown way out of proportion.
Badger, I never said it wasn't because of Peter's integrity and fairness. I merely stated that another reason possibly could be that he's liberal too. It was a light statement; a statement I wasn't trying to start a big arguement over. Political position always cloud rulings. Do you think a judge who was pro-life and believed abortion should be banned would make a pro-choice ruling? Probably not. Same goes here. Despite what may be, this has become a partisan issue, with conservatives taking one side, and liberals taking other. I think a large reason that this has become an issue is that if it is overturned, a center-left candidate would be put in the Assembly over a right candidate. The partisan difference there begs for a centrist voice.
Purple State, by the two of you making such a big deal about such a little statement shows to me, and probably many others, that you take this game way too seriously. All I said was a moderate would be better for this position. As to who? I think Franzl or Afleitch would do an excellent job. Brandon H and John Dibble would also do well. All are moderate choices.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #209 on: November 23, 2009, 10:05:23 PM »

Hey!  This is my office - if you want to continue this loud arguing, go out into the hallway.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »

Governor's Update 42

I will be making a nomination for the position of Superior Court Judge hopefully sometime tomorrow.  I already have at least 2 potential judges in mind.

Inks.LWC
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2009, 03:57:40 AM »

I regret that this designation has turned to have political aspects. Our fellow Assemblyman Badger shouldn't have made his "recommendation" to our Governor public.

What I want to say, on principles, but with great humility, as I think we can trust our Governor on this:

- the panel of judges should be designated so that ties should be avoided; 3 seems to be the best number;

- the panel of judges must not automatically include only Mideasterners; on the contrary, having 1 Mideasterner and 2 Atlasians from other regions is a guarantee of both knowledge and neutrality and so of a judgement more likely to be well received;

- the panel of judges should be morally unquestionable and, if possible, politically balanced (I wouldn't have said this last point, hadn't Badger made his recommendation public).

I've made some suggestions to our Governor and have informed the current Assemblymen of my suggestions.

I hope all this will be settled quietly in the interest of the Mideast.

Thanks for your time and your attention, Mr. Governor.
Thanks to all our citizens who have taken part in the November elections.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »

There has to be ONE judge, and he has to be from the MIDEAST, and he CANNOT hold office alredy.  Those are the Constitutional guidelines.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2009, 10:47:29 AM »

There has to be ONE judge, and he has to be from the MIDEAST, and he CANNOT hold office alredy.  Those are the Constitutional guidelines.
It's a pity and shame on me, I haven't checked before posting.
I apologize to our dear Governor and to our citizens.

Well, that's another thing to change... as that would be far fairer to pick a panel (with diverse viewpoints) and with people with no direct interest in the issue.
One more idea for our next Assembly Wink

Anyway, I've proposed myself a name to our Governor, whom we can trust to pick the best possible Judge.

Sorry again for this interruption and this unforgivable and lazy lack of checking.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2009, 04:51:12 PM »

I regret that this designation has turned to have political aspects. Our fellow Assemblyman Badger shouldn't have made his "recommendation" to our Governor public.
What I want to say, on principles, but with great humility, as I think we can trust our Governor on this:

- the panel of judges should be designated so that ties should be avoided; 3 seems to be the best number;

- the panel of judges must not automatically include only Mideasterners; on the contrary, having 1 Mideasterner and 2 Atlasians from other regions is a guarantee of both knowledge and neutrality and so of a judgement more likely to be well received;

- the panel of judges should be morally unquestionable and, if possible, politically balanced (I wouldn't have said this last point, hadn't Badger made his recommendation public).

I've made some suggestions to our Governor and have informed the current Assemblymen of my suggestions.

Perhaps you're right, Fab. I figured since Purple State (another litigant in this case as well) had already made that suggestion publically without anyone objecting that my agreeing with PS's view would help lead to a consensus choice for the most obvious candidate with a sterling reputation for integrity. Boy, was I obviously wrong. :-P
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »

Perhaps you're right, Fab. I figured since Purple State (another litigant in this case as well) had already made that suggestion publically without anyone objecting that my agreeing with PS's view would help lead to a consensus choice for the most obvious candidate with a sterling reputation for integrity. Boy, was I obviously wrong. :-P

You're right: I must "blame" PS also.
But that's just you're an Assemblyman and we should set the example.
(err... not like me, by not reading the Constitution before making stupid suggestions in this Governor's office).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »

Governor's Update 43

Governor Inks walks up to the podium in the press room...

My fellow Mideasterners, I have reached a decision in who I will nominate for the position of Superior Court Judge for the case of Badger & Benconstine v. Inks.LWC.

My nominee is somebody who I hold the utmost respect for, and he is somebody who has been involved in shaping the Mideast from the beginning.

I am pleased to announce that Peter is my nominee for the position.  I encourage the Assembly to approve my choice quickly so that we can resolve this case.

Inks.LWC
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2009, 11:52:24 AM »

Governor, just reminding you to sign the Save the Sinking Ship That Is Our Economy Act if you haven't done so yet.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2009, 12:23:42 PM »

Could someone point me to the exact statute or article in the constitution that specifically states the method of counting votes? Thanks.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »

Could someone point me to the exact statute or article in the constitution that specifically states the method of counting votes? Thanks.

If you look in the voting booth a link is posted on the official ballot.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Inks.LWC
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

:-)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2009, 12:50:50 PM »

Governor's Update 44

The Voting booth for the Right to Education Amendment to the Mideast Constitution has been put up, and voting will begin in 10 minutes.  The thread is here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=105666.0

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Inks.LWC
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »

Governor's Update 45

The following is a copy of the official certification for the Capital Punishment Abolition Amendment:

Official Certification

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[  ] AYE - 11
[  ] NAY - 6
[  ] ABSTAIN

Inks.LWC

Inks.LWC
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2009, 10:46:22 PM »

Governor's Update 46

The voting booth for the Public IP Address Amendment has been opened.  Please vote here: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=105695.0

Inks.LWC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies