The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:47:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1219359 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: January 25, 2009, 08:58:36 AM »

I couldn't agree more.  Closing Guantanamo and all secret prisons was an excellent first move.  What needs to be done now is prosecute those who were responsible for the atrocities that took place there.
Making healthcare reform a priority is another thing I approve of.

You're absolutely right.  Closing Guantanamo and allowing some already confirmed 60 or so terrorists back into their terrorist camps was a great idea.

Bravo Obama!  May he be President 4 Life!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »

I think Republicans need to step back and see how things play out.  Obama's still very early on in his first term and there's more than enough time for him to make these falling numbers go back up again before the next election.  I personally hope they just keep getting lower and lower, because I think everything about him is scary and anti-American and I'm glad my fellow citizens are starting to wise up to his act, but Republicans need to take all of this with a grain of salt or else they'll appear as even bigger fools than they've been acting like for the past six or seven months.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »

Clay is from Georgia. Obama is a black.

No.

Just.....

No.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 06:24:31 PM »

He's dropping fast!

But I thought he was going to unite the country?

If this keeps up, he may well prove himself to be a bigger divider than George W. Bush ever was.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 09:00:44 PM »

As I've said elsewhere, while I personally will never support Obama and while my heart flutters a little bit when I see his popularity declining, I don't see any way at all that the Republicans can take back the White House in 2012.  The next presidential election Republicans have a chance at winning is 2016.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

I'm the first to admit I'm not the brightest star in the sky but what does each color stand for on your map?

Just curious, thanks.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »

People claiming that President Obama is seeing or going to see a boost in his approval rating due to the passage of health care reform are misguided.  If anything he's going to see a drop.  I would say he'll hover around the mid to low 40s (about where he is right now) for the rest of the next month or two after which he'll see a slow decline.  He'll be in the 30s by the end of the year when Republicans will sweep by houses of Congress, again because of health care.

Sure, people like a winner, and like to support the winner.  But it depends heavily on what said winner has won, and what the President and his Congress have just won is something that the American people overwhelmingly object to, as evidenced in every single poll taken on this topic.  *Note that I said "his" Congress.  The Congress no longer represents its people; if they did, this bill never would've gotten as far as it did and the entire issue would've been dead months ago.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 09:43:04 AM »

Yep.  I still am.  And I never said in my post above that I personally am against the bill or the president on this issue.  What I'm against are officials who're elected to represent the will of the people not doing their jobs.  When a majority of your constituents don't like something you're doing, you should either stop completely or go at it using a different approach.  The fact is, we need health care reform, but the way they've approached the reform hasn't worked.  So instead of having the support of the majority of the people, they're going to be shoving this thing down the throats (that's what she said - sorry...) of citizens who are against it.  It's going to backfire.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 09:05:02 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2010, 09:09:19 AM by Clay »

I think the only thing that's going to get Obama re-elected and allow him to stay in office will be the less than stellar Republican candidate, be it Romney, Palin or Huckabee--all of which are the top 3 contenders at the moment.

Obama can lose; Republicans can take him out.  They just have to put forth the right person and the 3 above are not it.  Someone made the comparison between George W. Bush's approval ratings going into re-election and Obama's.  GWB would've lost if Kerry hadn't been the Democrat's nominee; they put up a horrible candidate and it cost them the election....much the same will likely happen to the Republicans in 2012 if they keep going in the direction they're going (ie, nominating Romney, Palin or Huckabee, three of the worst possible candidates to run a general election).

Palin's good at getting the base riled up but she has WAY too many negatives, more than any general election candidate since........?

Huckabee's got the "good guy" persona down perfectly but he comes across as simple-minded and weak and would not be able to win nationally in places Republicans are going to need to win in (PA, OH, FL).

Romney has no positives, simply put.  He comes across as a liar; someone I wouldn't trust....much the same way John Kerry came across in 2004 with a used car salesman personality added in.  I think he might even be worse than Palin.  At least with her you know what you're getting and you know where she stands on most issues.  With Romney you don't know either.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 10:19:47 AM »

He just keeps going down, down, down.

The only "real reason" his #s are so bad and getting worse is because he doesn't appear to have a clue as to what he's doing.  Maybe he does, but the appearance he's given off is that he doesn't.  From the economy, to the oil spill, to health care, the president seems more and more out of the loop; he's screwed up one thing after another.  In fact, the only thing he's really delivered on is "don't ask, don't tell" and that's not even a done deal yet (to no fault of the president).

I've always said he's going to get reelected if for no other reason than the Republicans simply don't have a good candidate.  Well, that may not matter anymore.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 01:44:51 PM »

He just keeps going down, down, down.

There has been very little movement in recent months, so no, not really.

I didn't say "recent months."  I didn't specify any time frame actually.  His downward trend has been more gradual, it's true.  But nevertheless, he has seen little more than a steady decline that keeps declining.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 02:06:12 PM »

So if I'm looking correctly at the map posted above by JBrase, the president holds a 50% or above approval rating in only 11 states out of 49 polled, and not including D.C.  Regardless of what the future holds for November '12, supporters of Obama have to be troubled by this....

Just speaking as an independent (yes, I voted for McCain in the general, but Hillary was my first choice), I don't see how anyone can honestly think the president is doing a good job, or even a mediocre one.  It's getting down now where a huge remainder of his supporters are doing so based solely on party ID as the majority of voters have been against nearly everything he's tried to accomplish.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 11:35:18 AM »

MY CURRENT PREDICTION OF THE 2012 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION:

I really don't see how Obama loses PA as well as an EV in ME, yet wins GA, MO, VA and it's too close to call in NC.  There's just no way this scenario is going to play out.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »

Handel would've been much better than Deal.  That, and she's an "in the closest" supporter of the homosexuals.  I voted for her in the primary.  Now that she's lost, (never thought I'd say this), my vote is most likely going to Barnes.  Deal is too risky.

SUSA  Georgia: 35-61

http://www.13wmaz.com/news/breaking/story.aspx?storyid=90254&catid=4

(It's kind of buried in the lower section with a type, and SUSA doesn't yet have it on their site)
The most depressing part about this poll? Deal leads by 11. Sad
Sad

But I don't like Barnes Either.

Write-in: Mr. Potato Head

Would you have preferred Handel?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 06:05:14 PM »

I agree with Scifiguy....the pbrower2 bashing is a bit much.  It's getting useless and unnecessary.  I disagree with his predictions, just as I'm sure he'd disagree with mine, and we both have that right.  But just because he predicts the election a certain way means he's a hack?  Get over it.....Let him have his fun predicting things the way he wants and posting about it.....we all like to do that.

For that matter, bashing anyone.....even just over the internet....is pretty stupid.  Can't we all just get along?  We're all pretty much nerds, based on how much time and effort we all spend here (look at some your post counts...), we should all know how harassment and criticism and a few unkind words here & there can hurt!!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 08:26:44 AM »

(I tried using the quote button to respond to pbrower's post about how things will be different in 2012, blah blah blah, but I guess the post was too long, and it was a pain in the arse trying to type a response to it.....Huh)

Anyway....Things might be different in 2012, but I highly doubt it.  The economy shows absolutely no signs of improvement any time in the near future and I really don't see any way that it's going to make a sudden recovery in time for the election.  It may be *somewhat* better, but things will still be bad enough to cause problems for Obama.  And come 2012, he will no longer be able to blame everything on Bush.  That excuse will finally be put to rest as this will be seen, rightfully so, as Obama's economy (and also, Obama's wars, which will also plague him--warS because combat operations are NOT over in Iraq).  He will have to answer for all of it, rather than push the blame on somebody else.  I believe his approval ratings will be in the low 40s, or high 30s by November 2012.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »

I can't imagine them making much $ off that.....why charge?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

Midterm results are in!!

Rasmussen in month before election consistently showed Republicans 3-4 points stronger than they ended up.

...as per 538.

Nearly every single pollster had the Republicans up by 3-4 points.  It wasn't just Rasmussen.  What's your point?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 08:52:16 PM »

Good news for the Republicans in NH and PA (not so much in CO) as that's a pretty big gap between Generic Republian and Obama.  Obviously the #'s would tighten if actual names were dropped, but I really doubt it would be enough to put Obama in the lead in those 2 states.  Not that it matters much right now anyway.....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies