The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1205123 times)
Badlands17
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« on: February 24, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
« edited: February 24, 2011, 06:56:55 PM by Badlands17 »

Gallup has a 2010 approval number for each state. Obviously not current, but still interesting. MS seems strangely high and NH seems strangely low, but maybe there is some MoE.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/146294/Hawaii-Approving-Obama-States-Decline.aspx

I would imagine a lot of the disapproval brewing in VT (where he lost approval compared to '09 more than any other state) is coming from the left, but it's probably experiencing an effect like NH and ME have to a lesser extent, with above-average movement toward the Reps. The libertarianish history of these states likely clashed with Obama's big government policies.

I find it interesting that MS is the state where Obama's approval deteriorated the least; I'd imagine this is because he is a love-hate figure among the electorate there and there weren't many people he could turn off his administration. You can see where states like CO, TX, and NM are likely trending Dem. Interestingly, WI had below average depreciation in Obama's approval but was almost in the top 5 states in terms of change in party ID.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies