The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1206313 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 22, 2009, 11:01:51 AM »

Winthrop / ETV Poll of 11 southern states:

49% Approve
38% Disapprove

This Winthrop/ETV Poll was conducted among 955 registered voters from AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, TX, and VA between May 1 and May 17, 2009. Respondents were randomly selected from lists of registered voters in these states. Data utilizing all respondents has a margin of error of plus/minus 3.17 percent. As is true with all survey data, any results that use a subset of the respondents will have a higher margin of error.

http://www.scetv.org/index.php/winthrop/results/10/0/65/

I see I'm not the only person who defines the "South" as the 11 states of the former Confederacy.  I must say that it always throws me when people refer to KY or MO as "Southern" rather than as "Border States."

(OK is marginal...it was a Confederate territory, after all)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »

CBS News:

57% Approve
32% Disapprove

This poll was conducted among a random sample of 944 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone July 9-12, 2009. Phone numbers were dialed from samples of both standard land-line and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher. This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Polls.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_Obama_071309.pdf

Isn't 11% a bit high for undecided/not sure on a presidential job approval poll?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »

I honestly can't see Obama past 55% with the economy still FUBAR, bin Laden or mo bin Laden.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies