The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:09:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1215115 times)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« on: May 26, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »

While I find the idea of Obama winning Georgia and Utah unlikely, I was one of the people in 2007 who disregarded polls that had "Generic Democrat" defeating "Generic Republican" by something like 10 points.

Obama may have net positive support in both states, but it's difficult to tell how strong it would be once the country is in election mode.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 05:37:03 PM »

While I find the idea of Obama winning Georgia and Utah unlikely, I was one of the people in 2007 who disregarded polls that had "Generic Democrat" defeating "Generic Republican" by something like 10 points.

Obama may have net positive support in both states, but it's difficult to tell how strong it would be once the country is in election mode.

Indeed the model may grossly understate the chance that Obama wins some states as much as it grossly overestimates a reasonable assessment of the chance of Obama winning such states as Utah or Alabama. I think that Obama has more of a chance to win Colorado (he did in 2008, of course) than some states in which the most recent poll gives Obama as much as a 60% or so approval rating. Likewise Arizona, where the demographics suggest that Obama would have won Arizona against any GOP nominee other than McCain. I think that he even has more of a chance of winning Texas than of winning Utah...

I think that if Obama is reelected, even in a 50/50 scenario, he will win with Colorado.  The state party has made such huge gains over the past four or five years, that it's hard to see him win without it.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

We'll see.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 10:46:01 AM »

It's about time somebody cut a map based on the random states provided in this thread so far

Look at what you did. Angry
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 06:06:27 PM »

Its nice to see after a solid year of bitchin and moanin about Pbrowers maps that someone finally actually stepped up and did one of their own instead of continuing to just complain.

Now the farce has been exposed. With Pbrower's rampant bias removed and replaced with other posters biases we see the map has radically flipped....Colorado which Pbrower himself switched after a delay of nearly <gasp) 48 hours.

Great job!

The Free Market at its finest.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:24:22 PM »

Its nice to see after a solid year of bitchin and moanin about Pbrowers maps that someone finally actually stepped up and did one of their own instead of continuing to just complain.

Now the farce has been exposed. With Pbrower's rampant bias removed and replaced with other posters biases we see the map has radically flipped....Colorado which Pbrower himself switched after a delay of nearly <gasp) 48 hours.

Great job!

What has it got to do with the "market" anyway?

Oh my, it seems as though you couldn't read the post I quoted.  You might need to get your monitor checked out.

Rob gives a nice, terse explanation that you should find satisfactory.  I mean, it's not as though your recent conversion was half-hearted or anything, right?
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 04:17:53 AM »

Great job!

What has it got to do with the "market" anyway?

Oh my, it seems as though you couldn't read the post I quoted.  You might need to get your monitor checked out.

Rob gives a nice, terse explanation that you should find satisfactory.  I mean, it's not as though your recent conversion was half-hearted or anything, right?

I'm an atheist. I have no heart.

Religion isn't what you claimed to have converted to.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »

Certainly it's more like Pennsylvania in its voting than like Kansas. Since 1992 it has voted only once for the Republican nominee for President. (Maybe had Joe Lieberman campaigned in New Hampshire instead of Florida we would have never had you-know-who as President)!

If you simply must compare New Hampshire to another state, Colorado is probably your best bet.

Pennsylvania...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies