The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:16:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1211645 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: February 13, 2009, 03:41:53 PM »

It's about time somebody cut a map based on the random states provided in this thread so far:

Pennsylvania now accounted for -- no surprise there, except I could use a darker shade of green.

The third number is the percentage. I also updated Massachusetts (although really Rasmussen should be kept separate from everyone else because they claim to poll approval differently). But, if we're using everything, Civitas is in there, too.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:55:47 AM »

RACIST JOKES: “Nearly one in six Tennesseans has told a joke about Barack Obama’s...even though only 15 percent of Tennesseans say they would find such a joke funny.”

lol

The most hilarious thing is that "nearly one in six" and "15%" are pretty much the same number. Some misleading reporting of the numbers...
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »

I don't think Rasmussen is using an LV screen. If they are, it's monumentally stupid in an off-year. LV screens are useless more than three months before an election.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »

That one is pretty questionable, but I suppose you can still disapprove of the job Obama is doing, but still find him "favourable".

It's not actually questionable at all. Favorable numbers are always about 10% above approval numbers until you start getting really, really unpopular. Now, Kos is reporting favorable numbers instead of approval numbers because they look better and most people don't know the difference, so in that sense it's dishonest. But the numbers aren't a lie.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 11:02:53 AM »

Still, saying the same.

He went down to plus 1 in the stronglys, so it is not unreasonable that he bounces back.

He's actually up to +5 on the Stronglys. Still, Rasmussen has been inclined to just bounce around its preferred number for a while, so I wouldn't be surprised to see it go down tomorrow.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:58 PM »

The Maricopa County poll is actually 51-20 because apparently they included "very poor" as an option, meaning "fair" was intended by context to be neutral. (Excellent/Good/Fair/Poor is a terrible way to measure opinion anyway because "Fair" has positive connotations.)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »

Yes, because of one approval rating poll, Obama will lose Colorado.

Stop overanalyzing the approval ratings. You're not helping yourselves become decent political analysts; you're just looking like fools.

Roll Eyes
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 01:49:50 PM »

I don't think even Wasco belongs in the Portland Region.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies