The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:16:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1211499 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: September 09, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »

PPP

Obama trails Palin by 14 with independents in North Carolina, that's when you know you're having a bad month.
8 hours ago

Do you have a link?

http://twitter.com/#!/ppppolls

Electability argument on its head at least in one state: Perry fav with NC independents is 44/34, Romney's is 35/50

Romney favorability with North Carolina Republicans: 39/40. His negatives with party base really seem to be on the rise.

Perry should be a better candidate in North Carolina.

Stick that dumbass Perry on the bottom of the ticket and hope he never becomes president. Problem solved.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »

He has a chance just like the Indianapolis Colts still have a chance of winning the Super Bowl this year.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »

This. The rise of Gingrich/Cain has not helped with women, though.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:24:43 AM »

There is a strong correlation between Gingrich getting airtime and Obama getting higher approval ratings.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:34:22 PM »

I drink my OJ and JJ every morning for breakfast.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »

Needs an edit, boss.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 02:26:18 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 02:28:52 AM by Politico »

Yes, but you can set up the situation where you can get those kind of procedural votes.

Again, the threat of retribution is too high.  They know that if they did that, the next Dem would be vindictive enough to ram through single payer and the Eisenhower tax brackets to pay for it.  

Dream on. There isn't going to be another liberal in the White House for yet another generation. It took 28 years to go from Carter to Obama. It will take another 28 years, at the least, before America turns to another liberal.

Please run a liberal against Mitt in 2016. We, as in those of us who despise modern economic "liberalism" (AKA "trickle-down government"), would love to defeat a liberal in a landslide again.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 05:24:40 PM by Politico »

Yes, but you can set up the situation where you can get those kind of procedural votes.

Again, the threat of retribution is too high.  They know that if they did that, the next Dem would be vindictive enough to ram through single payer and the Eisenhower tax brackets to pay for it.  

Dream on. There isn't going to be another liberal in the White House for yet another generation. It took 28 years to go from Carter to Obama. It will take another 28 years, at the least, before America turns to another liberal.

Please run a liberal against Mitt in 2016. We, as in those of us who despise modern economic "liberalism" (AKA "trickle-down government"), would love to defeat a liberal in a landslide again.

First, of all, if Carter was so darn liberal, why did Ted Kennedy primary him?

A number of reasons. One, social issues. Kennedy was much more liberal on the social front (He was talking about gay marriage with San Francisco liberals before AIDS came on the scene). Two, Carter was making liberalism look bad on the economic front (high inflation, stagflation, talking about "crisis of confidence," and so forth). More than anything, though, Ted Kennedy wanted to be president and Washington Democrats did not like Carter's inability to be chummy with them. Carter was an outsider, and Teddy was the ultimate insider who felt entitled to the presidency.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While the world may be facing a downturn soon, America is insulated from the Euro contagion more so than any other large nation on the planet. I eagerly welcome the death of the Euro, something I have wanted for years, because it ends the threat to our preeminence as the world's reserve currency (Unless Obama hands China the ammunition to eventually destroy our currency, of course). Almost nobody quite understands how big of a deal it is having the greenback as the world's reserve currency.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 08:11:48 PM by Politico »

You know that if the Euro collapses, your dollar collapses too, right?

The collapse of the Euro would increase demand for the greenback, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Ultimately, the Eurocrats will probably find a way to convert away from the Euro and back onto single currencies while keeping the other aspects of the EU intact. The only thing that will change is the end of the monetary union. The Eurocrats will find a way to reverse the adoption of the Euro, or they are really screwed. I have faith in Germany's ability to solve this conundrum without severe ramifications abroad. Obviously Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy are in trouble, but I am confident that the contagion will be largely restricted to the weaker, irresponsible areas of Europe.

If things get really bad, obviously people will seek shelter. All else equal, people will choose the safest part of the world, which will be North America (i.e., USA and Canada). All else equal, people will be especially interested in having the world's reserve currency (i.e., USD).

But, by all means, defend Europe instead of America. I would expect no less from a liberal. Just don't forget what was sewed in Osama Bin Laden's jacket, and what denomination Saddam Hussein wanted to trade Iraqi oil in...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies