The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:14:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1205283 times)
Earthling
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9625 on: March 14, 2012, 12:57:37 PM »

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/04/28/poll-americans-disapproval-of-obamas-handling-of-economy-hits-fresh-high-57/

The longer he babbles about birth control the more women will turn against him on other issues such as the economy. As that goes on it will lead to actual votes in the fall. Obama just doesn't have it with the ladies anymore.

That poll is from April 2011.

You are really a troll, right?
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9626 on: March 14, 2012, 07:37:51 PM »

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/04/28/poll-americans-disapproval-of-obamas-handling-of-economy-hits-fresh-high-57/

The longer he babbles about birth control the more women will turn against him on other issues such as the economy. As that goes on it will lead to actual votes in the fall. Obama just doesn't have it with the ladies anymore.

Please describe for me in depth detail how you get that I'm a troll? Is it because I dared to say that Obama may struggle for votes that have traditionally been female? Is it because I don't stand by as a cheerleader for Obama? Is it because I don't walk in line with the liberal media?
ajb
United States

« Reply #9627 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:22 PM »

Please describe for me in depth detail how you get that I'm a troll? Is it because I dared to say that Obama may struggle for votes that have traditionally been female? Is it because I don't stand by as a cheerleader for Obama? Is it because I don't walk in line with the liberal media?

Is it because you link to a poll from eleven months ago, without explaining why it, and not the eleven subsequent months of polling data, is the most meaningful indicator of how an election will unfold eight months from now?
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #9628 on: March 14, 2012, 09:40:14 PM »

I wouldn't try to pass a poll as current on here 11 days after it was released, let alone 11 months. Either you're a troll or you just don't get how polling works.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9629 on: March 14, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »

Is it because you link to a poll from eleven months ago, without explaining why it, and not the eleven subsequent months of polling data, is the most meaningful indicator of how an election will unfold eight months from now?

Ah yes now you see how facts are meaningless by themselves?
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9630 on: March 14, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »

I wouldn't try to pass a poll as current on here 11 days after it was released, let alone 11 months. Either you're a troll or you just don't get how polling works.

You got me on this one. What are the numbers now? I don't take myself so seriously that I don't admit to being wrong like the candidate that was elected in 2008.
ajb
United States

« Reply #9631 on: March 14, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »

You got me on this one. What are the numbers now? I don't take myself so seriously that I don't admit to being wrong like the candidate that was elected in 2008.

Here you go:

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/obama-job-approval-economy
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9632 on: March 14, 2012, 10:24:35 PM »

That's still bad especially for Huffington Post.
ajb
United States

« Reply #9633 on: March 14, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »

That's still bad especially for Huffington Post.
Actually, all the Huffington Post is doing there is compiling a list of all the polls that are out there. I would have given you a list from RealClearPolitics instead, but they don't seem to have a page listing approval ratings on the economy for Obama.
And you're right, Obama's numbers on the economy aren't great (though the trend is positive). I could pick a few that look pretty good, you could pick some that are pretty awful, but hopefully we'd both agree that it's the average that's more useful.
It's just easier to have a discussion about the actual recent numbers, rather than about one poll from eleven months ago.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9634 on: March 15, 2012, 12:22:17 AM »

You're right. I was off on that poll. Usually I don't check the dates because the more recent ones come up first when searching. Polls now don't mean anything for the election in November, but do indicate what candidates need to do from now until then.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9635 on: March 15, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 47%, u.

Disapprove 51%, -1.

"Strongly Approve" is at 26%, -1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at  41%, -1.

Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9636 on: March 15, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »

You posted a poll from a year ago that is why everyone thinks your a troll. Public perception is consistently changing, a poll from a month ago is outdated......but to cite a poll from April 2011......seriously?

GOP hacks are getting desperate then.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9637 on: March 15, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

Gallup Daily:  http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Job-Approval-Center.aspx

Approve:  45%, -4.

Disapprove:  49%, +3.

Everyone in unison:

If you don't like Obama's numbers on Gallup, just wait a few days.  Smiley

[Obviously, a bad sample in there someplace.]

argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9638 on: March 15, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

I really don't see the point of this poll anymore. It's telling us nothing.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9639 on: March 15, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »

I really don't see the point of this poll anymore. It's telling us nothing.

Longer term, like the weekly, it does. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9640 on: March 15, 2012, 04:32:27 PM »

Any poll that has a sudden 7-point shift in one day for no reason is trash, sorry.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9641 on: March 15, 2012, 05:08:25 PM »

Any poll that has a sudden 7-point shift in one day for no reason is trash, sorry.

Even if it's the GOP Presidential candidate losing 7 points? You don't think there is a single thing such as the housing market collapse or 9/11 that can turn the country's mood by 7 points?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9642 on: March 15, 2012, 05:10:36 PM »

That's why I said for no reason. As far as I know, there was no huge cataclysmic event yesterday that would have seven percent of the country to change their mind on Obama. And yes, if Obama was tied with Romney on one day and then suddenly leading him by 7 the next day, without some big event, then I would say the poll is suspect as well.
Tidewater_Wave
United States

« Reply #9643 on: March 15, 2012, 05:13:22 PM »

That's why I said for no reason. As far as I know, there was no huge cataclysmic event yesterday that would have seven percent of the country to change their mind on Obama. And yes, if Obama was tied with Romney on one day and then suddenly leading him by 7 the next day, without some big event, then I would say the poll is suspect as well.

Ok that's true then. My fault if I misunderstood. 7 points is understandable in a week but not a day. One thing that is overlooked in polling though is the margin of error.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9644 on: March 15, 2012, 06:41:44 PM »

It's probably just a bad set of numbers coming in or dropping out.

On the weekly, the biggest shift has been 3 points.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #9645 on: March 16, 2012, 12:15:14 AM »

Greece defaulted on restructured their debt a few days ago. Subsequently, the markets, and media, have shrugged off the largest dollar default ever.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #9646 on: March 16, 2012, 08:34:48 AM »

Allstate/National Journal poll:

51% Approve
45% Disapprove

The president's numbers among independents are now positive (49%-47%), an improvement since December 2011 (38%-52%).

http://syndication.nationaljournal.com/communications/Allstate%20National%20Journal%20Heartland%20Monitor%20XII%20TOPLINE.pdf
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9647 on: March 16, 2012, 08:35:38 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2012, 04:18:18 PM by J. J. »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 49%, +2.

Disapprove 49%, +2.

"Strongly Approve" is at 27%, +1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at  39%, -2.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9648 on: March 16, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »

Gallup Daily:  http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Job-Approval-Center.aspx

Approve:  44%, -1.

Disapprove:  50%, +1.

Probably a bad sample is moving through the system.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #9649 on: March 16, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

"Strongly Disapprove" is at  49%, -2.

*39%
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 ... 410  
« previous next »