The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:54:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1206229 times)
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6725 on: November 11, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »

I'll be honest...Nevada and Colorado seem to be trending left.

I'm not certain Reid doesn't also beat Lowden and Tark or Bennett doesn't also beat Norton.

It looks like the West in general is moving to the left while the Midwest is moving heavily to the right.

The Northeast and South are what they are but there are some bright spots in both areas for the GOP and Dems (south carolina in the south and new hampshire in the north).

Seems like this state is trending left, and for the worst IMO. It'll be a messed up state in a few decades just watch, similar like CA and the leftcoast, runned to hell. It won't matter cause I'll find another place to move.

What I'd say the midwest and the rustbelts are trending right.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6726 on: November 11, 2010, 12:45:32 AM »

Definately.  Those were states that Obama would have carried in 2008 even if he had lost the popular vote to McCain(which looked possible for a while in September).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6727 on: November 11, 2010, 04:10:14 AM »

Anybody going to make an updated map for 2012?

This is the new map with current approval ratings:

No recent polling data for grey states.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6728 on: November 11, 2010, 04:56:14 AM »

I'm not certain Reid doesn't also beat Lowden and Tark or Bennett doesn't also beat Norton.

It looks like the West in general is moving to the left while the Midwest is moving heavily to the right.

The Northeast and South are what they are but there are some bright spots in both areas for the GOP and Dems (south carolina in the south and new hampshire in the north).

Seems like this state is trending left, and for the worst IMO. It'll be a messed up state in a few decades just watch, similar like CA and the leftcoast, runned to hell. It won't matter cause I'll find another place to move.

Right-wing, anti-tax policies are to blame for California's predicament.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6729 on: November 11, 2010, 05:51:29 AM »

He made it pretty clear that he's considering the mission accomplished and looking for the next piece of America to destroy. No point rubbing it in further.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #6730 on: November 11, 2010, 06:33:48 AM »

Good thing they voted out all those evil Conservative Republicans who've controlled the state government for the last 40-odd years.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6731 on: November 11, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »

Try repealing Proposition 13.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6732 on: November 11, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 44%, -1.

Disapprove 54%, u.

"Strongly Approve" is at 25%, -2.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at 45%, +1.

Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6733 on: November 11, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »

Good thing they voted out all those evil Conservative Republicans who've controlled the state government for the last 40-odd years.

Prop 13 and the 2/3rds budget requirement have hurt California more than any politician in the last 40 years.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6734 on: November 11, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

Prop 13 and the 2/3rds budget requirement have hurt California more than any politician in the last 40 years.

And the voters want it.
Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

« Reply #6735 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:13 PM »

PRESIDENT – FLORIDA (PPP)
Generic Republican (R) 54%
Barack Obama (D-inc) 40%

PRESIDENT – MAINE (PPP)
Generic Republican (R) 50%
Barack Obama (D-inc) 44%

PRESIDENT – MINNESOTA (PPP)
Generic Republican (R) 47%
Barack Obama (D-inc) 45%

PRESIDENT – TEXAS (PPP)
Generic Republican (R) 59%
Barack Obama (D-inc) 35%

PRESIDENT – WEST VIRGINIA (PPP)
Generic Republican (R) 56%
Barack Obama (D-inc) 34%

PRESIDENT – WISCONSIN (PPP)
Generic Republican (R) 51%
Barack Obama (D-inc) 42%

Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

« Reply #6736 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:55 PM »

Tander Branson can you make a new map please?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6737 on: November 11, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

Tander Branson can you make a new map please?

There are no new Obama job approval ratings to come out since his last map.  The PPP #s you quote aren't approval ratings.  They're head to head matchups, part of a PPP polling release which is discussed here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=127849.0

This thread is for Obama job approval ratings, not general election matchups.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #6738 on: November 11, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »

Obama losing ME... come on.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6739 on: November 11, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »

Yep, Obama's finished.
Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

« Reply #6740 on: November 11, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »

why not??
hes in big trouble in NH why not behind in ME??
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6741 on: November 11, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »

Against "generic Republican"? Thankfully you lot will probably put up someone that makes 'generic Republican' look like Ted Kennedy.

why not??

ME and NH, while having some similarities are not that alike politically, at the Presidential level ME has been roughly 7-8% more Democratic than NH.

Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6742 on: November 11, 2010, 07:45:48 PM »

why not??

Because Maine hasn't voted Republican since 1988. This means Obama can't possibly lose Maine in 2012.

Claiming Maine would vote Republican in 2012 is as ridiculous as someone in 2006 claiming that Indiana and North Carolina would vote Democrat in 2008.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6743 on: November 11, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »

why not??

Because Maine hasn't voted Republican since 1988. This means Obama can't possibly lose Maine in 2012.

Claiming Maine would vote Republican in 2012 is as ridiculous as someone in 2006 claiming that Indiana and North Carolina would vote Democrat in 2008.

Or claiming that Reagan or Clinton were 'finished' in 1982 or 1994, as many did.

Keep in mind that I think 2008 was an electoral freak of nature - it was a perfect storm against the Republicans, and all rules were off. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6744 on: November 11, 2010, 08:22:55 PM »

And the voters want it.

Yes, but that doesn't change the facts. Also getting rid of Prop 13 immediately in this kind of housing market would be bad policy. But it needs to be done eventually, and most definitely for businesses.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6745 on: November 11, 2010, 08:36:57 PM »

And the voters want it.

Yes, but that doesn't change the facts. Also getting rid of Prop 13 immediately in this kind of housing market would be bad policy. But it needs to be done eventually, and most definitely for businesses.

And, in a democracy, that is the only fact with which you have to be concerned.  If the electorate feels that repealing it is a better alternative, they will do so.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6746 on: November 12, 2010, 12:01:37 AM »

And the voters want it.

And, in a democracy, that is the only fact with which you have to be concerned.  If the electorate feels that repealing it is a better alternative, they will do so.

Yes, if I were the governor, I would be quite cognizant of that reality. But I am not a politician, thus I can say that Californian voters hold an irrational view on Prop 13 which is hurting the state. And that is just fact, regardless of whether or not the voters or you like it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6747 on: November 12, 2010, 09:36:10 AM »

Approve 44%, u.

Disapprove 54%, u.

"Strongly Approve" is at 24%, -1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at 44%, -1.

Strongly Approve is now at the lowest point since 9/5/10.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6748 on: November 12, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
« Edited: November 12, 2010, 11:42:30 AM by Skill and Chance »

I think the new party coalitions are shaping up to be NE + W (including the inland SW)  for the Dems and the South + the middle of the country for the GOP.  It's unclear where VA, PA, and FL fit into this, but I would imagine VA ends up leaning left by 2012, PA moves hard to the right, and FL starts leaning left with increasing Hispanic population and increasing salience of environmental issues (this is probably the GOP high water mark in FL, with anger at Obamacare dominating the elderly vote).  I expect this divide to be cemented whenever climate change legislation resurfaces, which could be as early as 2013 if Obama gets re-elected.  There will be a lot of midwestern Dems defying their party on this and also a lot of western GOPers who have little choice but to go along with it given the force of environmental issues in that region.
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #6749 on: November 12, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

Approve 44%, u.

Disapprove 54%, u.

"Strongly Approve" is at 24%, -1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at 44%, -1.

Strongly Approve is now at the lowest point since 9/5/10.

Lack of strong feeling because there isn't another national election for 2 years.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies