The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1205714 times)
Dgov
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6000 on: September 04, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »

Except numbers to go up next week, he's unveiling another economic recovery package.

I doubt. people don"t trust Obama anymore. It's the second time that Obama is strongly down after a speech.

It's the poor economic numbers that have come out that are hurting him, his speech isn't going to help him out so much. I can see his numbers start to rebound once he does his tour and announces this new "recovery package".

What makes you so sure that after his last "recovery package", voters are going to give him the benefit of the doubt?  I for one think that anything he says now is purely political in nature and will almost certainly not be directed at the midterms rather than actually creating a recovery.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #6001 on: September 04, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »

Except numbers to go up next week, he's unveiling another economic recovery package.

I doubt. people don"t trust Obama anymore. It's the second time that Obama is strongly down after a speech.

It's the poor economic numbers that have come out that are hurting him, his speech isn't going to help him out so much. I can see his numbers start to rebound once he does his tour and announces this new "recovery package".

What makes you so sure that after his last "recovery package", voters are going to give him the benefit of the doubt?  I for one think that anything he says now is purely political in nature and will almost certainly not be directed at the midterms rather than actually creating a recovery.

People aren't just going to arbitrarily hate Obama because he announces a recovery package. The GOP will, but normal voters are going to welcome it. People are pissed at him because he has been focusing on Health Care and the war and not paying much attention to the economy. His numbers were through the roof when the stimulus packages were signed. 
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #6002 on: September 04, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »

People aren't just going to arbitrarily hate Obama because he announces a recovery package. The GOP will, but normal voters are going to welcome it. People are pissed at him because he has been focusing on Health Care and the war and not paying much attention to the economy. His numbers were through the roof when the stimulus packages were signed. 

What the "normal voters" want is not another failed stimulus package that will coast us billions of dollars that we don't have to spend. What they want is for Obama to keep the Bush tax cuts for the time being and for the Government to stop spending money we don't have.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #6003 on: September 04, 2010, 11:44:00 AM »

What makes you so sure that after his last "recovery package", voters are going to give him the benefit of the doubt?  I for one think that anything he says now is purely political in nature and will almost certainly not be directed at the midterms rather than actually creating a recovery.

What the "normal voters" want is not another failed stimulus package that will coast us billions of dollars that we don't have to spend. What they want is for Obama to keep the Bush tax cuts for the time being and for the Government to stop spending money we don't have.

The stimulus actually helped quite a lot, just not enough. The idea is good, there just wasn't enough added to actually help in the long run. People are actually starting to see that, though Republicans will continue to deny it and filibuster any chance of some recovery taking the floor.  For the record, whatever you posted isn't necessarily what "normal voters" want, it's what you want.

What makes you so sure that after his last "recovery package", voters are going to give him the benefit of the doubt?  I for one think that anything he says now is purely political in nature and will almost certainly not be directed at the midterms rather than actually creating a recovery.

Even if he pushes some kind of recovery through Congress, it wouldn't be enough to take effect before the midterms and give him any kind of bounce.

Also, The same can be said about Republicans filibustering everything thrown at them due to midterms...rather than actually creating some kind of recovery. It's can be two sided.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #6004 on: September 04, 2010, 11:49:08 AM »

"WERE RUNNING OUT OF MONEY! QUICK, LOWER TAXES!!!"

Can you offer some polling as to deduce what the "normal/independent voters" want? As MK ULTRA said, it's what you want, not what independent voters want.

Except GOP approval to drop drastically once he starts his tour, and Indy and Dem votes to increase slightly.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6005 on: September 04, 2010, 12:24:20 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2010, 12:26:59 PM by J. J. »

Can you offer some polling as to deduce what the "normal/independent voters" want? As MK ULTRA said, it's what you want, not what independent voters want.

Except GOP approval to drop drastically once he starts his tour, and Indy and Dem votes to increase slightly.

Quoted for truth.

We are not seeing other anything than Obama staying in a trough, at best.  I doubt, at this point, he will be able to move the numbers by shouting out "NEW STIMULUS," that cannot produce new changes in the next 59 days.

"Recovery Summer," was neither, in terms of either the economy nor Obama's poll numbers.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #6006 on: September 04, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »

"WERE RUNNING OUT OF MONEY! QUICK, LOWER TAXES!!!"

Independent voters prefer tax cuts to spending. A new stimulus will be very unpopular. the next marketing operation (recovery package) will be a flop. People are not stupid.

My opinion is that Obama will not save the house. And when he speaks, gop chances improve.
Poundingtherock
« Reply #6007 on: September 04, 2010, 01:03:20 PM »

Gallup: 43/49
Dgov
United States

« Reply #6008 on: September 04, 2010, 06:54:53 PM »

No, I mean that I don't think Voters are going to leap out of their seats saying "Oh Wow!  We don't think the first one worked, but this time I'm sure Obama knows what he's doing".  It won't help his approval rating to simply announce that he's going to start doing something on the economy; voters are going to bee more skeptical than that.
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #6009 on: September 05, 2010, 04:31:08 AM »

The One has lost his aura...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6010 on: September 05, 2010, 07:03:58 AM »

NC (PPP): 43-54
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6011 on: September 05, 2010, 08:43:22 AM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 42%, u.

Disapprove 57%, +1.

"Strongly Approve" is at 24%, u.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at 47%, +2.

This marks Obama's highest Strongly Disapprove number.  It is possibly just an overly anti-Obama sample moving through the numbers.

One thing to watch for is if his Strongly Disapprove numbers are higher than his overall Approve numbers.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #6012 on: September 05, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »

Approve 42%, u.

Disapprove 57%, +1.

This marks Obama's highest Strongly Disapprove number.  It is possibly just an overly anti-Obama sample moving through the numbers.

One thing to watch for is if his Strongly Disapprove numbers are higher than his overall Approve numbers.

Now I don't mean to rain on the Conservative Parade, but this is clearly a bad Obama sample...

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #6013 on: September 05, 2010, 09:58:57 AM »

Maybe a new local water commissioner would turn those frowns upside-down...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6014 on: September 05, 2010, 10:02:37 AM »

Approve 42%, u.

Disapprove 57%, +1.

Now I don't mean to rain on the Conservative Parade, but this is clearly a bad Obama sample...

It may not be.  These numbers, while bad, are in range.

Obama's numbers were up for about a week on Rasmussen, 8/27-9/2.  It looked like there could be movement.  It may not be.  The current numbers are within 3 points of 8/26.

We won't know if this is a good sample or a bad sample until later in the week.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6015 on: September 05, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »

Oh! Great news! Lets spend some more.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #6016 on: September 05, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »

Independant voters are not conservatives, as much as you want that to be true. They aren't going to care how the economy is fixed, just that Obama is focusing on it again. His numbers have been bad because he was focusing on health care for a year, rather than setting up new jobs and trying to fix the economy.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #6017 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:43 AM »

Independant voters are not conservatives, as much as you want that to be true. They aren't going to care how the economy is fixed, just that Obama is focusing on it again. His numbers have been bad because he was focusing on health care for a year, rather than setting up new jobs and trying to fix the economy.

Guess you'll find out in a few weeks, huh?
Umengus
Belgium

« Reply #6018 on: September 05, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »

you are naive... People are not so stupid...
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6019 on: September 05, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2010, 02:39:22 PM by NīK 2.0 »

Yeah, I have trouble believing that 47% of voters strongly disapprove of Obama. That would mean that he could never win any of them back, barring unforseen events. That would give Obama a ceiling of about 53% according to the Rassmussen poll, and that would presume that in order to win re-election he needs to convince a great number of people who currently disapprove of him. At this point in time, I have difficulty accepting that.

PS: Scifiguy, Kentucky as a tossup?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6020 on: September 05, 2010, 03:10:21 PM »

Yeah, I have trouble believing that 47% of voters strongly disapprove of Obama. That would mean that he could never win any of them back, barring unforseen events. That would give Obama a ceiling of about 53% according to the Rassmussen poll, and that would presume that in order to win re-election he needs to convince a great number of people who currently disapprove of him. At this point in time, I have difficulty accepting that.

There is fluctuation, but it has been higher in June. 

The numbers, generally, have been in the mid 40's all year.

We won't know if this is a bad sample until the end of the week.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #6021 on: September 05, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

It's Labor Day weekend...

Why would anyone trust polling right now?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6022 on: September 05, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »

This is probably on the higher end of the range, but it's not hard to believe that about 45% of the population is not going to vote for Obama in 2012 under any circumstances. America is a pretty polarized country right now.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #6023 on: September 05, 2010, 08:52:52 PM »

It would likely go GOP, it would be close though.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6024 on: September 05, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »

Unless Obama's opponent is Basil Marceaux-Dot-Com then Kentucky is Safe GOP, even with Marceaux-Dot-Com it would lean GOP.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 245 246 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies