The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:49:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1207460 times)
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: August 12, 2009, 08:54:51 PM »

The Rasmussen poll of Virginia is on the heel of another poll, so I call the state a tie. Arkansas? A matter of time.

Obama must in Pennsylvania about 53-47 to have a reasonable chance to win in view of the state being about D+3.

You didn't change NC, new PPP poll is out, look on the page before this one to see it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1851 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »

Arkansas - Wilson Research Strategies (R)Sad

42% Approve
54% Disapprove

(Mike Beebe)

78% Approve
15% Disapprove

(Blanche Lincoln)

49% Approve
40% Disapprove

The poll was commissioned by Talk Business Quarterly, a magazine headed by Stephens Media columnist Roby Brock. Washington-based Wilson Research Strategies (R) surveyed 600 likely Arkansas voters by phone July 13-15.

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/08/12/poll-beebe-has-78-percen
t-approval-rating-lincoln-49-percent/

Does any governer have a higher approval than Beebe?

Hunstman had 86% a few days ago.

Hoeven was in the ballpark but I think it was an internal.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1852 on: August 12, 2009, 11:40:40 PM »

The Rasmussen poll of Virginia is on the heel of another poll, so I call the state a tie. Arkansas? A matter of time.

Obama must in Pennsylvania about 53-47 to have a reasonable chance to win in view of the state being about D+3.

Obama is in negative territory in VA (2 polls by Rasmussen and PPP) and in NC (PPP).

The poll by R2000 for DailyKos is using "Favorables", which are normally higher and shouldn't be included in your maps ...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1853 on: August 12, 2009, 11:54:13 PM »

Ah, but pbrower2 uses the polls that make the map look most favorable to Obama. Texas and Utah will be competitive, you see.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1854 on: August 12, 2009, 11:58:56 PM »

There needs to be more Florida polls conducted. I'm interested to see current approvals.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1855 on: August 13, 2009, 12:02:15 AM »

There needs to be more Florida polls conducted. I'm interested to see current approvals.

What do people think in your part of Florida?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #1856 on: August 13, 2009, 12:03:45 AM »

Well I think most people are against the healthcare reform stuff. As seen in the Tampa/Kathy Castor protest. Especially most seniors are worried.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1857 on: August 13, 2009, 12:07:11 AM »

Ah, but pbrower2 uses the polls that make the map look most favorable to Obama. Texas and Utah will be competitive, you see.

The UT poll is about 5 months old or so and the TX poll was a useless University poll (also months old) ...

Probably maps should only include polls that were posted here or anywhere else and which are just up to 1 month old.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #1858 on: August 13, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »

Well I think most people are against the healthcare reform stuff. As seen in the Tampa/Kathy Castor protest. Especially most seniors are worried.

Well they have good reason to be.
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1859 on: August 13, 2009, 07:13:45 AM »

don't forget NC in yellow ...
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

« Reply #1860 on: August 13, 2009, 07:15:21 AM »

You're SO right Smiley
He could have been Obama's adviser ...
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1861 on: August 13, 2009, 07:33:59 AM »

Well they have good reason to be.

Yeah, with those death panels and everything.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1862 on: August 13, 2009, 11:51:54 AM »

Do you think Barack Obama was born in the United States?

54% Yes, 26% No

That's pretty embarassing considering the "Yes" is only a few points higher than the percentage that voted for him.

Don't forget than there is a part of the ''No'' who voted for Barack Obama. In the polls, there were always a part of the population who was ''I vote for Obama, but I think he is not born in America''.
Including a measurable percentage who believed he was Muslim and voted for him anyway.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #1863 on: August 13, 2009, 01:29:12 PM »

54% Yes, 26% No

That's pretty embarassing considering the "Yes" is only a few points higher than the percentage that voted for him.

Don't forget than there is a part of the ''No'' who voted for Barack Obama. In the polls, there were always a part of the population who was ''I vote for Obama, but I think he is not born in America''.
Including a measurable percentage who believed he was Muslim and voted for him anyway.
Except there were almost none of these people. I'm sure in a Romney vs. Obama contest there would be a lot more birthers for Obama.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1864 on: August 13, 2009, 06:01:14 PM »

You didn't change NC, new PPP poll is out, look on the page before this one to see it.

I missed it. The correction is made.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1865 on: August 13, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »

54% Yes, 26% No

Except there were almost none of these people. I'm sure in a Romney vs. Obama contest there would be a lot more birthers for Obama.
Pre-election polls showed a number of such voters IIRC
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1866 on: August 13, 2009, 07:18:27 PM »

I trust the embracement of enlightened Democratic pragmatism taken by VA, NC, FL and NV, in 2008, wasn't a temporary blip. Still, they are holding Obama to a higher standard, at this point, than they ever did Bush, which can only bode well for good government

Bush abused the ideological nature of America, Obama cannot do that
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1867 on: August 13, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »

I hope the enlightened embracement of pragmatism taken by VA, NC, FL and NV, in 2008, wasn't a temporary blip. Still, they are holding Obama to a higher standard, at this stage, than they ever did Bush, which can only bode well for good government

We need good government more than we need bigger or smaller government. Bad small government will prove dreadfully inadequate for such needs as we will have in what look like dangerous times; bad big government will simply bleed most of us.

Many of our current problems result from having held Dubya too long to low standards of achievement, rationality, and moral conduct as President. We see the consequences -- consequences that won't vanish quickly.

The young-adult vote portends a strong trend away from the GOP as it is currently configured.  It reflects that young Americans no longer trust Big Business or the Religious Right, two of the key constituencies of the GOP.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1868 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:53 PM »

If the election was today, I would put the map at something around this...

With the corruption with Governor Sanford, South Carolina is a state Obama might be able to win in 2012, if he can raise his approval rating. Tennesee's poll is extremly out of date, so I'm basically trying to go off the polls of states around it. Polling in Indiana would be appreciated as well.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1869 on: August 13, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »

I trust the embracement of enlightened Democratic pragmatism taken by VA, NC, FL and NV, in 2008, wasn't a temporary blip. Still, they are holding Obama to a higher standard, at this point, than they ever did Bush, which can only bode well for good government

Enlightened Democratic pragmatism. I think NC has had enough of that BS after the Mike Easley Administration, Meg Scott Phipps, State House Speaker Jim Black, and State Rep. Tom Wright.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1870 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:08 AM »

FOX News/Opinion Dynamics:

53% Approve
40% Disapprove

Polling was conducted by telephone August 11-12, 2009, in the evenings. The total sample is 900 registered voters nationwide with a margin of error of ±3 percentage points. Results are of registered voters, unless otherwise noted.

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/081309_poll.pdf

The Economist/YouGov (Internet Poll)Sad

49% Approve
43% Disapprove

1000 Adults, August 9-11

http://media.economist.com/media/pdf/Toplines20090813.pdf
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1871 on: August 14, 2009, 09:01:33 AM »

Enlightened Democratic pragmatism. I think NC has had enough of that BS after the Mike Easley Administration, Meg Scott Phipps, State House Speaker Jim Black, and State Rep. Tom Wright.

Maybe I'm just down on all that governance with all the finesse of an idiologically-driven cackhanded incompetent on the part of George W Bush, aided and abetted by a most servile - and yes, you can take in the most derogatory sense of the word - Republican Party in Congress

Bush might be gone but the party is still singing from the same hymn book in their slavish dogmatic adherence to 1) a fiscal policy skewed in favor of the wealthiest and 2) deregulation

Ever occurred to you that had they been not so downright incompetent and neglectful, there wouldn't have been much of a red flag for me to charge at? Competence is my litmus. Bush abused the ideological nature of America (center-right in so far as conservatives outnumber liberals) and that enabled him to get a pass Roll Eyes for as long as he did - and with near catastrophic consequences

Believe it or not, it was not until August 2004 when I emerged from the shadows to become a critic. And all that should tell you is that I was more than willing to give the man some grace, especially in the wake of 9/11. Doesn't this president deserve the same given the challenges he is having to face?

As long as the Rabid Reactionary Right continues to perpetuate falsehoods against him and his policies, I've no intention of sitting silent
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1872 on: August 14, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »

Many of our current problems result from having held Dubya too long to low standards of achievement, rationality, and moral conduct as President. We see the consequences -- consequences that won't vanish quickly.

Now that is what I do consider to be telling it like it is Smiley
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1873 on: August 16, 2009, 06:29:25 AM »

NY (Quinnipiac University)Sad

60% Approve
35% Disapprove

In today's survey, Obama wins 92 - 7 percent approval from Democrats and 50 - 42 percent support from independent voters, while Republicans turn thumbs down 73 - 20 percent.

From August 10 - 13, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,667 New York State registered voters, with a margin of error of +/- 2.4 percentage points.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1284.xml?ReleaseID=1364
CJK
United States

« Reply #1874 on: August 16, 2009, 02:50:46 PM »

Trends for comparison:

Carter Aug. 1977: 63/20

Reagan Aug. 1981: 60/29

Bush I Aug. 1989: 69/19

Clinton Aug. 1993: 44/48

Bush II Aug. 2001: 56/35
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 ... 410