The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:46:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1206504 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: May 23, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »

When did you become an independent?  Are the mean Republicans purging moderates again? Sad
Pretty much
Actually, I'll give a small list...
1. I don't approve of our chairman
2. Huckabee is doing way to well in polls
3. Far Right Republicans are ruling our party, and want all moderates out.
4. Rush and Hannity are becoming the voices of our party...that is scary Sad

5. I realize that having a conservative viewpoint on this forum will not help me make "forum friends", therefore I better get in line quick with the clique or they'll hate me.

6. I realize that the amount of conservatives in America is getting smaller and smaller, and unless we adjust to the center, we're screwed in Presidential elections.
7. Many of the Democrats on here are quite smart, and thanks to them, I'm seeing clearer how Democrats think. And actually, it isn't all that bad, although I tend to agree with Republicans more.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #851 on: May 23, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »

My point exactly. We could use another Josh22 though.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #852 on: May 23, 2009, 12:51:35 PM »

What's your point?
The only reason I was so conservative when I got on here was because I've been brainwashed by my Dad for the past 15 years of my life. He thinks Democrats had planned on Gore winning in 2000, and had already paid terrorists to bomb the World Trade Centers so Democrats would look strong on National Security. Thanks to some people on here, I've becomed more open-minded, and have reversed my position on some key issues.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #853 on: May 23, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »

Ever attended a leadership conference?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #854 on: May 23, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »

I don't think so
I'm only 15
Why?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #855 on: May 23, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »

We all know that his only reason for switching to an I avatar is to protest against Huckabee.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #856 on: May 23, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »

Why do people care what avatar he has?  He has a Romney banner in his sig, for pete's sake.  It really doesn't matter.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #857 on: May 23, 2009, 01:50:14 PM »

We all know that his only reason for switching to an I avatar is to protest against Huckabee.

I actually agree with Ben...
Why does it matter?
Seriously
And yes, protesting Huckabee is part of the reason. I don't like him. I'm not going to support him. I wouldn't leave the party just because of him though. Other reasons are involved.
And besides, I'm not a Republican. I'm not even a registered voter. It doesn't really matter how I feel until 2012, because that's when I vote.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #858 on: May 23, 2009, 02:14:48 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2009, 02:29:41 PM by BeccaM »

It's just odd how your whole schtick is that Republicans can only win with "moderates" when you were a big Michele Bachmann fan not too long ago. Romney/Bachmann '12!!!  The Utah debate is a little absurd too.

People tend to exaggerate how far out of the mainstream people like Huckabee and Palin are, especially when your beloved Romney is forced to pathetically pander to the type of voter they appeal to. But whatever. If you're at your rebellious teenage stage I'm sure we'll see the red avatar emerge by the 2010 elections. Wink
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #859 on: May 23, 2009, 03:38:52 PM »

What's your point?
The only reason I was so conservative when I got on here was because I've been brainwashed by my Dad for the past 15 years of my life. He thinks Democrats had planned on Gore winning in 2000, and had already paid terrorists to bomb the World Trade Centers so Democrats would look strong on National Security. Thanks to some people on here, I've becomed more open-minded, and have reversed my position on some key issues.

It isn't easy to get away from a conspiracy-theory cult. What your father did -- in trying to get you in on such a cult -- is inexcusable. I find it troublesome enough that some believe that Dubya had a role in the attacks on 9/11... and I despise Dubya.

One of the great ironies was that after the 1993 bombing of the WTC the United States had arrested the key figures who eventually were convicted, whereupon they now languish in a federal Supermax. Likewise the Embassy Bombings in Kenya and Tanzania (governments extraditing the killers and plotters to the United States because the embassies are under US legal authority). We are still out to get Usama bin Laden and his henchmen. 
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #860 on: May 23, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »

What's your point?

"People who will not stand for something will fall for anything."
You should have an open mind about things, but don't ever let them change your views, if you truly believe in them views you (had)have.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #861 on: May 23, 2009, 09:52:29 PM »

I'm pretty sure those who think Obama has no chance in Utah thought the same thing about Indiana last year...
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #862 on: May 23, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »

I'm pretty sure those who think Obama has no chance in Utah thought the same thing about Indiana last year...

Well, probably.  If they didn't think Obama would win in Indiana, then why would they suddenly give him a chance in Utah?

Obama wins Utah only in the best of scenarios.  Huge economic recovery, a new era of good feelings, and only against Mike Huckabee (this is why Huckabee must not get the nomination).  If the economy hasn't recovered, no way in hell Utah goes for Obama, or most other states for that matter.

What I find interesting is that people give Obama a chance in Utah but they refuse to consider the possibility of a Republican winning in Massachusetts, Illinois, or California (which Obama won by around the same percentage that McCain won Utah).  It's like they think that Obama is guaranteed re-election based on his approvals four months into his term.  ing incredible. 

That is because we are talking about Obama here. Didn't you get the memo, Obama is god and can do anything. Roll Eyes
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #863 on: May 23, 2009, 11:20:28 PM »

Well, probably.  If they didn't think Obama would win in Indiana, then why would they suddenly give him a chance in Utah?

Obama wins Utah only in the best of scenarios.  Huge economic recovery, a new era of good feelings, and only against Mike Huckabee (this is why Huckabee must not get the nomination).  If the economy hasn't recovered, no way in hell Utah goes for Obama, or most other states for that matter.

Huckabee is the only candidate who can win a bunch of southern states. Arkansas alone is at least as big a prize than Utah. 

Obama is the only Democratic politician not from Indiana who could win Indiana. Everything went right for Obama, and he still barely won Indiana.   

The economy needs not fully recover for Obama to win in 2012 -- big. The economy hadn't fully recovered for FDR in 1936, either, and he won in a landslide.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Because the Republicans have no candidate who has no regional weaknesses that prevents Obama by winning re-election simply by winning every state that he won by at least 9%  and one other state. Pick Romney and Obama picks up at least one Southern state. Pick Huckabee and Obama wins a few more northern states. Pick Palin and lose... Ohio. Pick Gingrich and Obama wins an Eisenhower landslide.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #864 on: May 24, 2009, 01:50:34 AM »

People can adjust their outlook on things. Josh22 was just funny because he was literally flipping every other week for a while there.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #865 on: May 24, 2009, 06:29:40 AM »

Completely different animal. Indiana isn't 70% Mormon.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #866 on: May 24, 2009, 06:40:15 AM »

Huckabee is the only candidate who can win a bunch of southern states. Arkansas alone is at least as big a prize than Utah. 

Obama is the only Democratic politician not from Indiana who could win Indiana. Everything went right for Obama, and he still barely won Indiana.   

The economy needs not fully recover for Obama to win in 2012 -- big. The economy hadn't fully recovered for FDR in 1936, either, and he won in a landslide.

Because the Republicans have no candidate who has no regional weaknesses that prevents Obama by winning re-election simply by winning every state that he won by at least 9%  and one other state. Pick Romney and Obama picks up at least one Southern state. Pick Huckabee and Obama wins a few more northern states. Pick Palin and lose... Ohio. Pick Gingrich and Obama wins an Eisenhower landslide.

[/quote]

Pray tell what "southern" state would Romney lose. McCain wasn't exactly southern himself.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #867 on: May 24, 2009, 06:50:00 AM »

Pray tell what "southern" state would Romney lose. McCain wasn't exactly southern himself.

McCain wasn't a Mormon. And his military background played well in the South.

Romney not only will have problems with the Evangelicals, but I doubt that as a Massachusets multimillionaire he will be the ideal messenger for GOP's pseudopopulist talking points about ''East Coast elites''.   
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #868 on: May 24, 2009, 06:51:00 AM »

Romney not only will have problems with the Evangelicals, but I doubt that as a Massachusets multimillionaire he will be the ideal messenger for GOP's pseudopopulist talking points.   

So instead of voting for the Republican like they usually do, they are going to vote for a black liberal Democrat? Uh no.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #869 on: May 24, 2009, 06:51:43 AM »

Romney not only will have problems with the Evangelicals, but I doubt that as a Massachusets multimillionaire he will be the ideal messenger for GOP's pseudopopulist talking points.   

So instead of voting for the Republican like they usually do, they are going to vote for a black liberal Democrat? Uh no.

No. They can stay home or vote third party.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #870 on: May 24, 2009, 06:53:20 AM »

No. They can stay home or vote third party.

And risk Obama getting elected again? I'm not saying they will be voting for Romney, but their vote for Romney would be against Obama.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #871 on: May 24, 2009, 06:59:32 AM »

And risk Obama getting elected again? I'm not saying they will be voting for Romney, but their vote for Romney would be against Obama.

If they voted against Obama last year just because they believed all the crap about him being a radical Muslim who will persecute whites and surrender America to terrorists, then it's very possible that after four years of seing the truth, they will prefer him over a phony like Romney.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #872 on: May 24, 2009, 09:43:25 AM »

Virginia (which might not be particularly Southern anymore, but it would be enough)
Florida
North Carolina
Georgia (heavy military presence helped McCain as it won't help Romney)

So far I can't see Obama losing Virginia to any imaginable GOP candidate in 2012 except in the aftermath of political disaster, category self-inflicted.

.... Anything else beyond those indicates a landslide.

I see no indication that Romney can win as much of the poor white vote as did McCain -- a large vote in the South, and one critical to GOP success in recent years. Romney is just as much a d@mnyankee as Obama, but in 2012 Obama will be the d@mnyankee that they know. Besides, if Obama does good for poor Southern blacks, he will also do good for poor Southern whites.  He will be running for re-election as President -- not to be some white person's in-law.

Mitt Romney will have to explain his religion; Joe Lieberman had to do that, too, and that didn't help Gore in 2000. Mormonism is about as exotic in the South as is Judaism.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #873 on: May 24, 2009, 10:36:15 AM »

I was referring to states Obama didn't win already. I also doubt Obama can do much better in Georgia, he maxed out the black vote, and still lost by 5 points.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #874 on: May 24, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »

I was referring to states Obama didn't win already. I also doubt Obama can do much better in Georgia, he maxed out the black vote, and still lost by 5 points.

If he does two points better nationally then why can't he take Georgia?
Also, in four years blacks and Hispanics will be an even bigger part of the electorate in the state.
And old time segragationists will be even less. 
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies