The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:05:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1214236 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2009, 01:09:12 PM »

This is interesting:

Editorial note: Gallup will not publish new Gallup Poll Daily tracking results Saturday, June 20. The next update will be Sunday, June 21.

I bet they got a word from Dear Leader. He didn’t like their results.

Dude, it's Saturday evening.
Go get some because you are starting to come apart.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »

The Texas poll is obviously an outlier.
But then again so are probably the Nevada and Arizona ones.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 11:41:01 AM »

2. The media, which so far has been pretty nice to Obama, is starting to actually do its job and be critical. If you saw Obama's latest press conference, he seemed frustrated and dismissive towards reporters who asked hard questions.

Yeah, very hard questions. Like the one if John McCain and Lindsay Graham's whining influenced his denunciation of the Iran violence or the other one about smoking.

LMAO!
You know, it's pretty hard to be bipartisan when the other party doesn't even hide his complete and absolute unwillingness to compromise.
Unless of course you use the David Broder definition of bipartisanship: the Democrats capitulating to every Republican demand.   
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

The same economists who didn't see the crash coming?  The same economists who now have to admit their stimulus projections were wrong because they underestimated the recession?

And when the ysay the recession will end, they mean GDP will stop literally shrinking.  That doesn't mean they are predicting recovery.

In 1984 the economy grew at a 5.8% pace.  For 1983 it grew at a 7.7% pace.  There is nothing like that on the horizon.

Well, I guess the only thing that's left to do for Obama is to appoint you next January as Bernanke's succesor.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

The same economists who didn't see the crash coming?  The same economists who now have to admit their stimulus projections were wrong because they underestimated the recession?

And when the ysay the recession will end, they mean GDP will stop literally shrinking.  That doesn't mean they are predicting recovery.

In 1984 the economy grew at a 5.8% pace.  For 1983 it grew at a 7.7% pace.  There is nothing like that on the horizon.

Well, I guess the only thing that's left to do for Obama is to appoint you next January as Bernanke's succesor.

It wouldn't be a bad move, though I don't think Bernanke is the problem.

I like your humility.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 02:03:00 AM »

It is amazing that it took only six months for the left's argument to reach this point.

The failure of Keynesianism is evidence of the need for more Keynesianism!

Your arguments have reached the point where nothing is ever falsifiable.  If your polices fail, you can always excuse the failure by saying your policies were not sufficiently pure.  You never have to re-examine your premises or think seriously about where you went wrong, you just have to shout louder.

Why does an econimic genius like you continues to argue with some unwashed losers hanging at a politics forum?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:50 AM »

It is amazing that it took only six months for the left's argument to reach this point.

The failure of Keynesianism is evidence of the need for more Keynesianism!

Your arguments have reached the point where nothing is ever falsifiable.  If your polices fail, you can always excuse the failure by saying your policies were not sufficiently pure.  You never have to re-examine your premises or think seriously about where you went wrong, you just have to shout louder.

Why does an econimic genius like you continues to argue with some unwashed losers hanging at a politics forum?

I am truly benevolent.

Just one of your inumerable virtues.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

Ford is one of the smartest posters on this forum PX. Sit down, shut up and learn something from the man. He's actually been involved in REAL politics, child.

If he is all those things you say, then he doesn't need a pimp.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2009, 06:21:46 AM »

I'm not quite sure I buy a couple of those polls. (Namely Minnesota and Virginia. Especially Virginia.)

And New Mexico is wildly swinging yet for another month.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »

Look, until Rasmussen starts using a registered voters or adult voters sample (or we get to within a month or two from the next election) their poll numbers are going to be slanted Republican by a bit. Using a likely voters screen over a year before any election (and over three from the next presidential election) is stupid. But this way Rasmussen gets to spin the poll numbers his own way and Fox is willing to invite him on the air to talk about how much Obama sucks.

Rassmusen is the new Zogby. Cool
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2009, 10:09:48 AM »

Rasmussen still has him under 50% today:

Approve 49%

Disapprove 51%

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »

Again, your response to a professional pollster is over the top.

Perhaps.

But you must admit, it's a cool sign.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »

You can't even compare Obama to Reagan or FDR or even LBJ.  And if anything, it's the left that's recalcitrant.  Or at least they were when Bush was president.  The right is only giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Yeah, it's all the fault of the recalcitrant left who voted against Bush's tax cuts, the Patriot Act, the Iraq War, Bush's Prescription Drug Benefit, etc.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »

You can't even compare Obama to Reagan or FDR or even LBJ.  And if anything, it's the left that's recalcitrant.  Or at least they were when Bush was president.  The right is only giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Yeah, it's all the fault of the recalcitrant left who voted against Bush's tax cuts, the Patriot Act, the Iraq War, Bush's Prescription Drug Benefit, etc.

Actually the Iraq War would have went much smoother had the left not kept getting in the way of Bush's actions and constantly criticizing him.

Tell me again why you hate Chavez, Putin and Ahmedinejad?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »

Actually the Iraq War would have went much smoother had the left not kept getting in the way of Bush's actions and constantly criticizing him.

Tell me again why you hate Chavez, Putin and Ahmedinejad?

Because they're tyrannical dictators

Thanks for the clarification.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2009, 11:36:33 AM »

I still think Obama will be a popular president. I'm also thinking that his lowest rate may be 45 pc but he will, like every president before, regain popularity. I think that he's calculating what he's doing and BTW he is smarter than Bush or Clinton.
He has and will always have a strong popularity among Blacks and Liberals, having 2/3 or at least 1/2 of the latino support and at least 40 pc of the White support.
American Electoral Landscape is changing and the only descent republican for the future is Charlie Crist

I whole heartedly agree with that. Future Senator Crist should run in 2016.

Why so His scandals can become national and destroy any chances for the GOP to win  in 2016 or 2020?

Crist has too many skeletons in the closet.
well quote them ...

His closet homosexuality.

Damn, those homophobe Democrats! 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2009, 06:06:04 PM »

I'd expect a bounce for Obama after Friday's economic numbers. CNBC was having an orgasm proclaiming "America is back!" and "the new bull market!" all because we only lost 200,000 jobs. The media is now pushing this narrative.
CNBC was pretty much saying the economy was fine tell Lehman bros went under so this shouldnt come as a surprise.

It's not a surprise, but I was a bit surprised how jubilant they were. Kudlow had some people on claiming we should see 3-3.5% growth during the rest of the year and into 2010, and that it is time to put all of your money into stocks.

And to think that some people accused Jon Stewart of being excessively nasty with these fools. Roll Eyes
I wonder when will be the day when the investors will invade the channel and beat the crap out of these clowns.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2009, 04:55:16 PM »

NYT/CBS polls: LIBERAL SOURCE, LOLOL.
Rasmussen polls: Completely accurate and fair.

Also, since Republicans have engaged in tactics of organized disinformation, disruption, and outright lying, this should hardly be surprising.

Just like Democrats did with social security reform in 2005. Grin

Oh, we hang congressmen in effigy and brought guns to protests?

Silly me, you know my memory.

No, you just hung bush in effigy and burned him too while you were at it. And last I checked, it's not illegal to carry a gun.

Don't forget that someone hung Sarah Palin and McCain in effigy in West Hollywood during the campaign.

Uhhh... That was actually an artist who put this up his roof as Halloween decoration.

But nice try anyway, son. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »

Oh, so you can just claim anything is art and it is fine?

I mentioned it to show that it wasn't a public demonstration or protest during a political event, you dumbass.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 06:44:27 PM »

Arkansas - Wilson Research Strategies (R)Sad

42% Approve
54% Disapprove

(Mike Beebe)

78% Approve
15% Disapprove

(Blanche Lincoln)

49% Approve
40% Disapprove

The poll was commissioned by Talk Business Quarterly, a magazine headed by Stephens Media columnist Roby Brock. Washington-based Wilson Research Strategies (R) surveyed 600 likely Arkansas voters by phone July 13-15.

http://arkansasnews.com/2009/08/12/poll-beebe-has-78-percen
t-approval-rating-lincoln-49-percent/

Does any governer have a higher approval than Beebe?

Hunstman had 86% a few days ago.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 07:03:19 AM »

I wrote it in another thread, but it deserves mention in that one too.

If Obama had a nickel every time the pundits declared him "dead and buried", he'd be able to buy Microsoft by now.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 09:40:09 AM »

Big movement in the Rasmussen and Gallup daily numbers:

Rasmussen: 50% Approve, 49% Disapprove (+3, -2)

Gallup: 54% Approve, 38% Disapprove (+2, -3)

What's the bounce for?

ACORN!!!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2010, 06:06:18 AM »

So guys, what did you think about the Mondale Administration?

That was more the Democrats fault for losing by nominating a bad candidate tied too much to Carter; it would be like the GOP nominating Dick Cheneya.  Mondale actually had a lead in the January Gallup polls.  Gary Hart might have beaten Reagan, extramarital affair aside (or at least made it a close race).

Nobody could have beaten Reagan in 1984. The country had rebounded strongly from a recession and he had strong approval ratings.  
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2010, 02:17:41 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well...okay.

The "devil you know" mentality rules the day.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »

SurveyUSA must get its act together or they will become a laughingstock like ARG.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies