The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:48:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1217675 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 12:30:25 AM »

His numbers may tick upwards, I won't deny that possibility....but I have a suspicious feeling the audience for his SOTU address will be pretty low by conventional standards.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:04 PM »

There's just no downside to the death of Usama bin Laden.

Hate to say it, but there is. - Retaliatory attacks.....
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »

OBL is (well was) irrelevant. Anyone who thought Obama would get above 60% is delusional. 56% as the Wash Po has him makes sense. It also makes sense that this will drop (unless there's other successes in the short term) within the coming months.

He won't win re-election because he killed OBL. It's not a campaign issue. It's not something the electorate cares about enough.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 12:41:50 PM »

He's now refusing to release pictures. I expect his poll numbers to drop faster than they would have because of this. Whether you agree or disagree with the decision, it'll be interesting to see how it's reflected in the polls.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »

If Obama doesn't win PA, which is looking ever likely, I don't think he'll win re-election. Nice to see my boy, Mitt, pull level with him in the overall polls too (although still quite early).
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 08:22:40 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2011, 08:25:58 PM by Mitt Romney's Hair »

If Obama doesn't win PA, which is looking ever likely, I don't think he'll win re-election. Nice to see my boy, Mitt, pull level with him in the overall polls too (although still quite early).

If Pensylvania is swinging Republican, Obama could compensate elsewhere.  

Good luck: http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-15/news/29545905_1_independent-voters-pennsylvania-poll-pennsylvania-voters

Also, NC? VA? Come on now.

PS: Can someone please tell me why we inverse the colors on this forum? It's beyond irritating.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 09:16:19 PM »

If Pensylvania is swinging Republican, Obama could compensate elsewhere.  

Good luck: http://articles.philly.com/2011-05-15/news/29545905_1_independent-voters-pennsylvania-poll-pennsylvania-voters

Also, NC? VA? Come on now.

PS: Can someone please tell me why we inverse the colors on this forum? It's beyond irritating.

1. The polls that showed President Obama holding an approval rating in the low forties in Pennsylvania came when he was doing badly in polls nationwide. Since then, Osama bin Laden has met the Great Satan. There are now May polls for Pennsylvania, but those for some neighboring (New York and Ohio) and near-neighboring (Virginia) states have shown the President with much higher approval ratings. The last one for New York State showed the President with an approval rating in the low sixties. Pennsylvania is about 10% less Democratic than New York,  so...I figure that the April polls for Pennsylvania, if right at the time, are dated. The most recent polls for Presidential approval in Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Missouri, and North Carolina are higher. But those are more recent than the latest polls for Pennsylvania.  

2. Pennsylvania gets polled often because it is large, because it is critical, and because it has no obvious analogue.  If you should see an approval rating of 52% for Pennsylvania, then don't be surprised.  

3.  If you notice my maps I show Pennsylvania winnable by a Republican nominee -- but only by Mitt Romney. Even at the low point, everyone else -- Mike Huckabee was then in the mix -- was projected to lose to President Obama -- loses.

4. Pennsylvania has a relatively old population. Paul Ryan laid an egg with older voters with his proposal to privatize Medicare and Medicaid. That has yet to show.

No offense PBrower, but your map is almost impossible to read. Color coded maps are suppose to make things easier. There's way too many colors on yours, it's a headache. I simply ignore it for that reason. I applaud your effort, but you need to make it clearer and easier to read.....
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 12:45:01 PM »

Didn't Gallup have him at 46/46 just two days ago?  Tongue

In other approval ratings, 5% less people feel energized compared to yesterday.

It was 46/46, but most of this week he's been in the low 40s.

It's only time that Obama will finally slip into the upper 30s. (Let's be honest - for the state of the economy his approval rating is higher than it really should be.....)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »

Will Obama top 50% ever again in Gallup? I know 15months is a long time in politics, but barring some sort of miracle, I think he's done for now.

Again, I maintain he's very lucky to have not touched the upper 30s yet. Imagine if this was Bush....
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »

We're almost getting in range when we can say that he'll be a first term president, unless there's a seismic economic recovery within the next year.

Frankly, I think he's done for already. I just don't see how he's going to get his numbers close to 50%, and remain there on a consistent basis. He has 13 months; time is starting to run out. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies