The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:41:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1212478 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 11:54:18 PM »

I'm referring to the above uberhack's "current projection of the 2010 presidential election."

My mistake, apologies.

I do find it such a pointless exercise to extrapolate a job performance rating to somehow be a strong indicator of electoral success, especially since elections are a determination between two people, not necessarily to do with a person's job performance.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 08:29:50 PM »

Klobuchar and Gillibrand are two talentless hacks from blue states that can in no way be won by any Republican in a one-on-one matchup.  Pawlenty woould have never left the hockey rink without third party liberals in Minnesota.  It is impossible for a Republican to win statewide in either NY or MN.

The Democrat Party, if it were intelligent, would instead rally around people like Joe Manchin, not people like Klobuchar and Gillibrand who do not have to do anything to win re-election.

Who don't in any way shape or form are attractive to the Democratic Base...

Not even to moderates.... there's a reason why Manchin won in a state that Obama got thumped in... it's because Manchin is a Democrat on paper but to the right on pretty much EVERYTHING that mainstream Democrats want.

Democrats don't need to shift actually into the right-wing to win nationally.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 08:53:27 PM »

The Democrat Party base would vote for John Edwards over any Republican.  In case you haven't figured it out, 85% of African-Americans would vote for Spitzer over any Republican.

Manchin would do about as well with the Democrat Party base as any other liberal Democrat because the Democrat Party base votes for the Democrat come hell or high water.  There is absolutely no independent thought in the Democrat Party base when it comes to voting.

Manchin and people like him can win everyone in the Democrat Party base that obama would win including some right-leaning people and even conservatives that Obama could never win.  He'd win perhaps close to 60% of the vote nationwide in a one-on-one race.

I doubt he'd survive the Primary...which is kind of the main point...

Would Democrats vote for Manchin over Palin? Sure.

But the main point is that race eventuating... which I would highly suspect.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »

The strongly disapprove numbers seem a little low as well. It looks like views towards Obama are getting less polarized, which is an excellent sign for his re-election chances.

Actually his disapproval numbers are tending to be higher than previous presidents at the same point in time.

Of course no President in recent times has been so vilified so early and so vehemently. Before one bring up Dubya, he had yet to invade Iraq.
Please...spare us.  You get what you give out.  Obama vilified hardworking real Americans (not the eurocentric, one world crowd) before he even assumed power and went to a church for 20 years that spewed hatred of the country.  Bitter clingers...punish our enemies and reward our friends...flipping off both Hillary and McCain in speeches....soliloquies in his book about his hatred of whites...He is getting what he deserves, and he deserves yet more because he needs to feel the pain and anger he has caused this nation while he works to destroy it.  He needs all of the pain he has caused to be returned tenfold upon himself.  The sick thing though, is that he probably feeds off of the pain...like a monster does.  He enjoys it and it pleasures him to see so many people suffering.  Maybe we should lay off for that reason and deprive him such pleasure.

a) lay off the meds

b) have you read the books? I have and would absolutely LOVE to see where he hates white people, given the adoration he gives to his mother and grandmother... who were... oh my!!!

c) lay off the meds

d) also... talking about  the effects 'hard working Americans'... when it was the Republicans who gutted public education and economic regulation and wanted to continue tax breaks for those who had shifted those people's jobs overseas?... then wanted to cut off their unemployment ...?

The country is scared and angry, not because of Obama, because of the economy that Obama had no hand in creating imploded... they need to blame someone I guess.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 12:05:40 AM »

Don't get too excited Joe.  Gallup has him at 46/48

Hardly bad numbers all things considered.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »

Harris Pollster has Obama at 36% for December

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 05:42:58 AM »

Oh Phil... you do crack me up sometimes.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2011, 11:40:24 PM »

Wasn't that the same time as the Lewinsky denial???
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 08:45:08 AM »

That's a weird anti-Obama sample.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 02:21:08 AM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 44%, u.

Disapprove 55%, +1.

"Strongly Approve" is at 21%, -1.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at 41%, u.

The strongly approved number is the lowest ever.

Lol... I'm having a really hard time believing these numbers
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »

lol lol lol lol

I have a hard enough time buying Rasmussen's numbers, these are just silly.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 09:12:07 AM »

I think the change in the strongly approve/disapprove numbers are more telling - I think there's been firming support within the approve camp and some softening in the disapprove, while that may not necessarily translate to a clean transfer to approve/disapprove, it does suggest that those who liked Obama like him slightly more and some of those who REALLY hate him, don't hate him as much.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 11:05:32 AM »

I think the change in the strongly approve/disapprove numbers are more telling - I think there's been firming support within the approve camp and some softening in the disapprove, while that may not necessarily translate to a clean transfer to approve/disapprove, it does suggest that those who liked Obama like him slightly more and some of those who REALLY hate him, don't hate him as much.

I think that fairly sizable drop in strongly disapprove is the real story.  His strongly approve numbers are actually worse than 2 months ago.  Obama stopped the bleeding, however.

There is an improvement in his "approve" numbers, but, like some of the other polls, it isn't dramatic. 

I expected a 10-20 point gain, and we have not seen that.

You did? I expected 6-10...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2011, 12:08:25 AM »

Lol... before Edwards did himself in... what were the GOPers saying about him?

It's Pouding-the-Palin-rock... he's back now Palin looks like getting into the race.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »

Yeah, the country is going to embrace this beyond mediocre president and he will win by the same amount. Where's that "era of good feelings" you were predicting pbrower?

Well, all that matters is that Obama is considered to be a better option than his opponent... and on that front Obama is doing quite well.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 01:49:59 AM »

This is why I still need to see something solid out of PA... that map just looks wrong...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »

a 7% swing in a day? and probably a bad sample? lol
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2011, 10:24:08 PM »

This really is stupid reasoning... but it won't stop it coming.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 01:55:29 AM »

What has to be pretty scary for moderate GOPers (all 12 of them Tongue) is that in order to win their primary - the candidates have to run so far to the right on economic and social issues that you have to wonder how on EARTH?! they manage to pull that back to present a case that appeals to those groups who the GOP actually needs to win... women? latinos? Independents?

Which is why people can say "I'm not happy with the way Obama has performed so far... but then they look at the GOP options and think... "yeah, Obama's not that bad"...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 12:23:07 AM »

I'm going to be very very interested in those numbers.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »

I don't buy Gallup - 3 or 4% swings in such a short amount of time do show that it is a volatile electorate... but I, in all objective reason, don't see them as reasonable swings.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2011, 08:57:31 PM »

Do you support a vaccination program to aid in a reduction of the risk of cervical cancer?
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 07:05:25 PM »

and not a single GOPer over 35%... approvals mean nothing when you're against this bunch.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 06:41:30 PM »

Michigan: President Tied With Generic Republican

As President Obama seeks re-election, a couple of traditionally Democratic states may be more competitive than usual.

In 2008, the president won Michigan’s Electoral College votes by sixteen percentage points but most Michigan voters now disapprove of the way he’s handled his tenure in the White House. Just 47% of Likely Voters in the state approve of the way that the president is performing his job, while 52% disapprove, according to new Rasmussen Reports polling data.

You really need to get a grip...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 05:23:56 PM »

...or a bad sample.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length