The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:04:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1201107 times)
SenatorShadowLands
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2200 on: September 01, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »

Democratic Hawk is not going to blame Obama or his policies for his low rating.

And why should I? I'm a pragmatic moderate, not some rightwing dogmatoid

You post an entire speech babbling about the evils of Reactionary Republican "wealthfare" attacking the GOP and nation en masse for their reactions to Obama's doing next to nothing since taking office and we are really supposed to believe you are a moderate? And do you really believe Obama stands for your "workfare" and not leftist welfare? You are delusional if that is the case.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2201 on: September 01, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »

I've more confidence in the "investment" strategy and WORKFARE than I do "austerity" and WEALTHFARE

If you want to call what Obama did an "investment," that's fine. There's a lot of good that will be done with that money.

But it wasn't sold to the public as a long-term strategy for rebuilding infrastructure. It was sold as an economic recovery bill. Basically, a repackaging of something Democrats want to masquerade as something that is immediately needed to heal the economy when it would realistically do no such thing.

And now that we're not seeing immediate positive signs from the stimulus, Obama's paying a political price. While some people are still wondering where their job went, it gives the appearance as though Obama has wiped his hands clean and moved on to the next issue, health care, at the expense of paying attention to economic needs.

Any one who thinks I can forgive George W Bush - and all the damage done - can think again

Don't worry.  No one expects you to stop being a broken record.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2202 on: September 01, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »

You post an entire speech babbling about the evils of Reactionary Republican "wealthfare" attacking the GOP and nation en masse for their reactions to Obama's doing next to nothing since taking office and we are really supposed to believe you are a moderate? And do you really believe Obama stands for your "workfare" and not leftist welfare? You are delusional if that is the case.

Before you get caught up in semantics, I think it's fair enough just assume that Hawk is a moderate (or whichever set of buzzworded talking-pointed euphamism he chooses to use, "Christian Smiley Democrat" or pragmatic whateverthehell).

But to clarify, he's a Democratic partisan first and a moderate second.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #2203 on: September 01, 2009, 11:59:08 AM »

Before you get caught up in semantics, I think it's fair enough just assume that Hawk is a moderate (or whichever set of buzzworded talking-pointed euphamism he chooses to use, "Christian Smiley Democrat" or pragmatic whateverthehell).

No, Democratic Hawk is far from a moderate. You and I are moderates.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2204 on: September 01, 2009, 12:00:09 PM »

PPP Generic Ballot

Republican 45%
Democrat 41%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_901.pdf
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #2205 on: September 01, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »

You post an entire speech babbling about the evils of Reactionary Republican "wealthfare" attacking the GOP and nation en masse for their reactions to Obama's doing next to nothing since taking office and we are really supposed to believe you are a moderate?

I beg your pardon

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Actually, the largest tax cut in the stimulus is the "Making Work Pay" tax credit ($116.2bn). What it is that if its not WORKFARE Smiley? The Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center deems that a B+ in terms of stimulus effect, along with increasing eligibility for the refundable portions of child credit ($14.8bn), which would help those on low incomes Smiley. Problem with those?

No, moderate first
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2206 on: September 01, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »

West Virginia (Mark Blankenship Enterprises)Sad

45% Approve
51% Disapprove

Governor Joe Manchin (D):

78% Approve
19% Disapprove

Senator Robert Byrd (D):

69% Approve
29% Disapprove

Senator Jay Rockefeller (D):

65% Approve
32% Disapprove

Rep. Shelley Moore Capito (R):

58% Approve
23% Disapprove

The telephone poll of 400 registered West Virginia voters was conducted Aug. 27 – 30 by Mark Blankenship Enterprises.

http://www.wsaz.com/political/headlines/56452337.html
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #2207 on: September 01, 2009, 02:22:53 PM »

The things being posted in this thread remind me of why no matter how far left I move on some issues, I will never be able to become a Democrat. A Corporate and theocratic state will come in 2012 because the election will be rigged? When someone basically comes out and says that the only legitimate elections are those won by Democrats, then I tune them out.
No Democrat actually believes those things besides pbrower.

He probably believes Diebold rigged the 2004 election too.

No. Kenneth Blackwell, Secretary of State in Ohio in 2004. Add to that a smear campaign that incorporated forgeries, including one putting John Kerry and Jane Fonda in the same place at the same time (lighting patterns indicate a forgery due to light striking them from different directions) and a campaign of manipulation of fear of international terrorism.

Obama played a beat-the-cheat strategy and won in 2008.

I simply have no faith in any honor of the Hard Right in America -- people who act as if Niccolo Machiavelli were a Founding Father.

Oh! Obama is so great that he can beat a rigged election! All Hail Lord Obama!

I don't want to go too far with this. The GOP was able to manipulate the consequences of the September 11 attack for every bit of political gain possible. In 2004 the Bush campaign manipulated terror warnings to scare people into voting for them. By 2006 they recognized that the gig was up. They could rig a small margin and make things look close, but not a huge gap. In 2008 the gap got even larger because of GOP bungling of the economy.

That's enough for 2008. The GOP continues to attract the most ruthless of political operatives  -- at one time, Lee Atwater, and more recently Karl Rove. The GOP can make things very profitable for a small group of economic elites at the expense of everyone else, and those economic elites don't want to relinquish the power that they had when Rove was Party Boss and wielded dictatorial powers -- once the Hard Right gets power back.

I just don't trust the b@stards. Enough said.  

Keep being a idiotic hack. It'll get you many places.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2208 on: September 01, 2009, 02:27:25 PM »

AL = yellow

Plz also colour all of NE in yellow.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2209 on: September 01, 2009, 03:15:37 PM »

I can recognize the Alabama poll as spurious, but NE-02 isn't. Obama actually won it, and the poll for Nebraska was statewide. I'm not changing Tennessee, Utah, South Dakota, or South Carolina until I see new polls, either. It's up to you to recognize that those polls are old.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2210 on: September 01, 2009, 03:24:55 PM »

I can recognize the Alabama poll as spurious, but NE-02 isn't. Obama actually won it, and the poll for Nebraska was statewide.

The R2000 poll was 36-61 favorable for Obama, but he got 42% on election day.

Obama won NE-02 just slightly and approval ratings are generally lower than favorables, so I doubt Obama is in positive territory considering these statewide numbers.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #2211 on: September 01, 2009, 03:37:36 PM »

Well this sucks. I wasn't expecting the drop off to be so sudden.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2212 on: September 01, 2009, 03:44:31 PM »

Obama better get  back to the economy right away after this health care thing gets resolved one way or another.

His biggest problem is that the obsession with health care reform is making him seem out of touch, since 80% of the people are worried about the economy and the deficit, not health care. I do agree we need reform, and I hope he can get it done (with a public option), but then he has to turn his attention back to the economy and in a big way.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2213 on: September 01, 2009, 03:47:39 PM »

CNN

Approve 53%
Disapprove 45%

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/01/cnn-poll-independents-disapprove-of-obama/
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2214 on: September 01, 2009, 03:49:53 PM »

Obama better get  back to the economy right away after this health care thing gets resolved one way or another.

His biggest problem is that the obsession with health care reform is making him seem out of touch, since 80% of the people are worried about the economy and the deficit, not health care. I do agree we need reform, and I hope he can get it done (with a public option), but then he has to turn his attention back to the economy and in a big way.
The good news is that the economy seems to be recovering quite well at the moment. It could be spun that way pretty easily by Obama.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2215 on: September 01, 2009, 03:57:23 PM »

The good news is that the economy seems to be recovering quite well at the moment. It could be spun that way pretty easily by Obama.

The economy is in deep sh*t. Whether it recovers or not from here on out is an open question. When you get days like you did today when the financial sector loses 4% completely out of the blue, it just goes to show how unstable things still are.

Just as bad, Obama doesn't seem to have any political instincts on this issue. His economic team are widely seen as cronies. He hasn't clearly explained the bailouts and spending. He hasn't responded to any of the crap out there criticizing his policies at all. He hasn't framed the issue in the right way. He is completely AWOL.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2216 on: September 01, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »

I can recognize the Alabama poll as spurious, but NE-02 isn't. Obama actually won it, and the poll for Nebraska was statewide.

Obama won NE-02 just slightly and approval ratings are generally lower than favorables, so I doubt Obama is in positive territory considering these statewide numbers.
You forgot about the Age Wave. Obama will get back everything he has lost so far, including Missouri and Montana, because of the Age Wave.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2217 on: September 01, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »

You forgot about the Age Wave. Obama will get back everything he has lost so far, including Missouri and Montana, because of the Age Wave.

I hope that's sarcasm?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2218 on: September 01, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »

I hope that's sarcasm?
Even in 2012, the recession will still be Bush's fault, and the new voters will realize that, therefore, at least 60% of them will automatically vote for Obama. It's a given fact...Wink
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2219 on: September 01, 2009, 04:04:23 PM »

The economy is in deep sh*t. Whether it recovers or not from here on out is an open question. When you get days like you did today when the financial sector loses 4% completely out of the blue, it just goes to show how unstable things still are.

Just as bad, Obama doesn't seem to have any political instincts on this issue. His economic team are widely seen as cronies. He hasn't clearly explained the bailouts and spending. He hasn't responded to any of the crap out there criticizing his policies at all. He hasn't framed the issue in the right way. He is completely AWOL.
I disagree, the economy seems to be starting to recover. The Manufacturing Indexes have been up, consumer spending has been up etc. Sure it isn't doing great and there are huge structural problems, like the continuing bank failures and the continuation of the foreclosure mess but the fact that the GDP only decreased by 1% in the second quarter of 2009 shows that the recession should be officially over once the third quarter GDP numbers are released.

Oh I agree but I think he still has the ability to do so. Hopefully failures on health care will teach him to show more leadership.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2220 on: September 01, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »

I disagree, the economy seems to be starting to recover. The Manufacturing Indexes have been up, consumer spending has been up etc. Sure it isn't doing great and there are huge structural problems, like the continuing bank failures and the continuation of the foreclosure mess but the fact that the GDP only decreased by 1% in the second quarter of 2009 shows that the recession should be officially over once the third quarter GDP numbers are released.

Oh I agree but I think he still has the ability to do so. Hopefully failures on health care will teach him to show more leadership.

My concern is that he hasn't shown any 'ability' to do anything for a while now. When has Obama done something original? Taken a stand? Shocked the world? Taken bold, decisive action on a central issue? It seems like he did back in early 2008 but hasn't done so since.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2221 on: September 01, 2009, 04:12:09 PM »

My concern is that he hasn't shown any 'ability' to do anything for a while now. When has Obama done something original? Taken a stand? Shocked the world? Taken bold, decisive action on a central issue? It seems like he did back in early 2008 but hasn't done so since.
The answer is that he hasn't. It looked like he was about to in early 2009 with the bailouts but no real defense of the bailouts and spending was offered. All he has done is yield ground to the Right, when he should be fighting back hard.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2222 on: September 01, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

It never looked like he was going to in early 2009, frankly. The bailouts are anything but bold and decisive; to the extent they were all the balls came from Hank Paulson. You may disagree with what he did but at least he did take charge there. Obama was just following the leader.

From the beginning his appointments of Rahm Emanuel and Tim Geithner indicated that Obama was going to follow the insider Washington way.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2223 on: September 01, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »

CBS/NYT Hack Poll

Approve 56%
Disapprove 35%

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_health_care_090109.pdf?tag=contentMain;contentBody
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #2224 on: September 01, 2009, 06:20:58 PM »

Even i'll admit that that's hackish. DKos's favourables arent even that high. Is the crosstabs like 45-35-20 Dem-Ind-Rep or something stupid like that?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies