The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:08:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1217210 times)
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2010, 07:09:01 AM »

Obama has wasted too much capital on healthcare ( wayy too much if it fails anyway).
This administration should be setting the agenda not allowing debate within the country to take control of it.  Say what you want to about the evil bush adminstation, you can't deny they knew how to get the message across and stir the country in their direction.  They'd been better off attacking the jobs/unemployment issue.

That is one of the aspects of the Bush Administration that I despise.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »

No dark greens?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »

Rasmussen 44/55

Gallup 47/47

Both record lows.

Actually, he had 44/56 for Ras before.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2010, 09:51:38 AM »

It looks like a small bump is over. Some of the states that were seeming to come back to Obama's column are dropping again.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2010, 05:47:12 PM »

Iowa is not in the Rust Belt. You are in the real Rust Belt, and you didn't know Iowa wasn't...
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2010, 08:47:42 PM »

Iowa is not in the Rust Belt. You are in the real Rust Belt, and you didn't know Iowa wasn't...

Iowa has much heavy industry.

So does China.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2010, 02:08:24 PM »

It is 48-47 on RCP (you forgot to wait for Gallup's WTF results Wink ),

and

47.3-48.9 on Pollster.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »

What will be the next state to go? New Mexico?

I have a feeling that Obama's bottomed out (for now) more green will crop up.

Not much is getting done and his proposals have been angering independents. Also, unemployment bites.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2010, 09:03:54 AM »

Who doesn't know about Michigan's unemployment? The problem with them is that many are unapologetically liberal. I hardly call 53% overwhelming support.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2010, 08:55:06 PM »

Source for which?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »

It's probably in the late 50's, given the pollster. I'm actually surprised it is not higher.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2010, 08:00:16 AM »

It's probably in the late 50's, given the pollster. I'm actually surprised it is not higher.

Oh come on, it's not even a Dailykos sponsored poll and how should it be any higher than that given his national approval numbers?

It's Vermont...
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2010, 11:31:15 AM »

So Uni polls aren't terrible but Rasmussen cannot be relied upon?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »

New Jersey (Rutgers)Sad

57% Approve
37% Disapprove

The Rutgers-Eagleton Poll was conducted from February 19-22, 2010 with a scientifically selected random sample of 886 registered voters. Data are weighted to represent known parameters in the New Jersey population, including gender, age, race, education, and Hispanic ethnicity. All results are reported with these weighted data.

http://eagletonpoll.rutgers.edu/polls/release_03-05-10.pdf

LOL I went to Rutgers... not reliable data.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:10 PM »

That defeats the whole purpose of the balance of power in the electoral college. It's immoral.

Republics only prosper with certain restrictions, so no one can rule over anyone.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »

Having people vote accross state lines is ridiculous and wrong, period. People should be voting in their home state. You are crazy for saying that is okay, but of course, you only will think it's okay when Democrats are doing it. Republicans can't.

Republicans didn't because they had no real opportunities for doing so. They had their own must-win races and no easy pick-offs from 2004. Obama won every state that either Gore won in 2000 or Kerry won in 2004 by at least 9%.   

I am talking about people changing their legal residence -- which implies getting a new driver's license, changing auto registration, and finding a legal residence. People do that all the time. A temporarily-transplanted New Yorker might have to abandon his right to vote in New York so that he can vote in North Carolina... but that applies whether one did so so that one becomes a store manager after being an assistant store manager, too.

Way to not address what I was saying.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2010, 12:32:39 AM »

Having people vote accross state lines is ridiculous and wrong, period. People should be voting in their home state. You are crazy for saying that is okay, but of course, you only will think it's okay when Democrats are doing it. Republicans can't.

Republicans didn't because they had no real opportunities for doing so. They had their own must-win races and no easy pick-offs from 2004. Obama won every state that either Gore won in 2000 or Kerry won in 2004 by at least 9%.   

I am talking about people changing their legal residence -- which implies getting a new driver's license, changing auto registration, and finding a legal residence. People do that all the time. A temporarily-transplanted New Yorker might have to abandon his right to vote in New York so that he can vote in North Carolina... but that applies whether one did so so that one becomes a store manager after being an assistant store manager, too.

In case you intended to discuss the possibility of people voting multiple times in the same election (voter fraud) -- such is rare. That's just too inefficient. It's far  easier to register likely voters -- which I am proud to have done -- or to drive people to the polls. Other techniques that really can swing an election are done by political hacks and election administrators, one hopes rarely and with insignificant consequences.

Methods of vote fraud include improper handling of registration forms, creation of fictitious voters, intimidation of or interference with voters, tampering with voting devices or paraphernalia, dishonest dealings with absentee ballots, and deliberate misrepresentation of the vote count, and  misrepresentation of the counts of votes. 

Double-voting is possible with getting an absentee ballot in one state, registering in another, and voting in person in the second state. Political operatives who do so themselves can be in deep trouble if they do that. 

What I said is not a sombrero. Stop dancing around it.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: March 09, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »

In case you intended to discuss the possibility of people voting multiple times in the same election (voter fraud) -- such is rare. That's just too inefficient. It's far  easier to register likely voters -- which I am proud to have done -- or to drive people to the polls. Other techniques that really can swing an election are done by political hacks and election administrators, one hopes rarely and with insignificant consequences.

Methods of vote fraud include improper handling of registration forms, creation of fictitious voters, intimidation of or interference with voters, tampering with voting devices or paraphernalia, dishonest dealings with absentee ballots, and deliberate misrepresentation of the vote count, and  misrepresentation of the counts of votes. 

Double-voting is possible with getting an absentee ballot in one state, registering in another, and voting in person in the second state. Political operatives who do so themselves can be in deep trouble if they do that. 

What I said is not a sombrero. Stop dancing around it.

End of discussion.

Try answering someone, when they question your methods.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2010, 05:40:23 AM »

]

Approval ratings for Congress are far lower -- and especially for the Republican Party .

Fixed.

Actually the Republicans have held a lead on the generic congressional ballot since late June of 2009.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/generic_congressional_ballot

Any challenge to President Obama from the Republican Party will come from either a current or former State governor or a US Senator.  How popular some right-wing Republican is in his own  right-leaning State will matter little a state near the middle of the spectrum (i.e., Virginia, Colorado, Ohio, Florida, Iowa... not his own)

Republicans are not that popular among Republicans.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2010, 02:23:34 PM »

Rasmussen uses a likely voter model, not a terrible one such as adults.

University polls are the worst. Their data is for the most part, useless.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »

Historic facts (2004 and 2008) prove that Rasmussen is the best (national) pollster.

Not so much with the states though. And in November 2008, Rass wasn't as crazily different to the other companies, they are now.

I remember numerous complaints about Ras in 2008.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »

Gallup for the first time has Obama negative
46 aprrove

47 Disapprove

Obviously, Gallup is a hack pollster run secretly by Rasmussen Reports who are a puppet of Fox, who are a puppet of the Republican Party, who are a puppet of the 'States Rights' Movement, who are a puppet of the Ku Klux Klan, who are a puppet of massive corporations that benefit from picking on the little guy, who want to reinstate slavery.

Don't fall for this pro-slavery propaganda!!!
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2010, 12:56:46 PM »

Problem is some might actually believe it.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »

Obama is 99% approve to 1% disapprove in Chris Mathews' pants.

Yesterday and since the beginning of the presidency, it was 100% approve or higher and 0% disapprove or lower.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2010, 01:26:08 PM »

Not many complain about Rasmussen, only hacks do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies