The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:22:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 ... 410
Author Topic: The Official Obama Approval Ratings Thread  (Read 1205877 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10000 on: September 17, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124922/Presidential-Job-Approval-Center.aspx

Approve: 50%, u

Disapprove: 44%, u

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10001 on: September 17, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »

^^lol

Anyway, your election rules already say that Romney has lost, so I don't know why we even need this thread anymore.

The corollary to J. J.'s First Rule is:  Never trust just one poll.  Trust several and remember that the electorate changes its mind quickly.

I'm looking at trending.

Oh so the rule doesn't count if the candidate you support says he doesn't look at/trust the polls. Gotcha.

Well, by using the standard you used yesterday, Romney just won.  Roll Eyes

J. J., your first rule of elections is that if a candidate and his campaign talk about not paying attention to the polls, then that candidate will lose.  The Romney campaign released a press release saying not to worry about the latest polls--not one poll, not two specific polls, all of the polls.  It then went on detail while polls are not accurate or useful or mean that an election is over.

If Obama had released as statement saying this, what would your response be?

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10002 on: September 17, 2012, 01:20:56 PM »

^^lol

Anyway, your election rules already say that Romney has lost, so I don't know why we even need this thread anymore.

The corollary to J. J.'s First Rule is:  Never trust just one poll.  Trust several and remember that the electorate changes its mind quickly.

I'm looking at trending.

Oh so the rule doesn't count if the candidate you support says he doesn't look at/trust the polls. Gotcha.

Well, by using the standard you used yesterday, Romney just won.  Roll Eyes

J. J., your first rule of elections is that if a candidate and his campaign talk about not paying attention to the polls, then that candidate will lose.  The Romney campaign released a press release saying not to worry about the latest polls--not one poll, not two specific polls, all of the polls.  It then went on detail while polls are not accurate or useful or mean that an election is over.

Not just the campaign, Mitt Romney himself:

Related:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hey J. J.!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10003 on: September 17, 2012, 01:37:49 PM »

Yeah, that too.  I don't understand how J. J. is spinning this.  He brought up to Lief "don't look at one poll" as an excuse but that seems like a non sequitur to me.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10004 on: September 17, 2012, 05:48:43 PM »

^^lol

The corollary to J. J.'s First Rule is:  Never trust just one poll.  Trust several and remember that the electorate changes its mind quickly.

I'm looking at trending.

J. J., your first rule of elections is that if a candidate and his campaign talk about not paying attention to the polls, then that candidate will lose.  The Romney campaign released a press release saying not to worry about the latest polls--not one poll, not two specific polls, all of the polls.  It then went on detail while polls are not accurate or useful or mean that an election is over.

Related:

Hey J. J.!

Well, first of all, Romney is looking at the polls.  Secondly, he is noting that they do change over time.  It doesn't violate the rule, at all.  Sorry if you can't understand that. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10005 on: September 18, 2012, 08:41:58 AM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 49%, u.

Disapprove 50%, u.

"Strongly Approve" is at 28%, u.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at  43%, u.

That is close and unmoving.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10006 on: September 18, 2012, 08:47:34 AM »

^^lol

The corollary to J. J.'s First Rule is:  Never trust just one poll.  Trust several and remember that the electorate changes its mind quickly.

I'm looking at trending.

J. J., your first rule of elections is that if a candidate and his campaign talk about not paying attention to the polls, then that candidate will lose.  The Romney campaign released a press release saying not to worry about the latest polls--not one poll, not two specific polls, all of the polls.  It then went on detail while polls are not accurate or useful or mean that an election is over.

Related:

Hey J. J.!

Well, first of all, Romney is looking at the polls.  Secondly, he is noting that they do change over time.  It doesn't violate the rule, at all.  Sorry if you can't understand that.  

He's not looking at the polls in Virginia and Ohio -- and whoever wins Virginia and Ohio wins the election.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10007 on: September 18, 2012, 08:56:08 AM »

^^lol

I'm looking at trending.

J. J., your first rule of elections is that if a candidate and his campaign talk about not paying attention to the polls, then that candidate will lose.  The Romney campaign released a press release saying not to worry about the latest polls--not one poll, not two specific polls, all of the polls.  It then went on detail while polls are not accurate or useful or mean that an election is over.

Related:

Hey J. J.!

Well, first of all, Romney is looking at the polls.  Secondly, he is noting that they do change over time.  It doesn't violate the rule, at all.  Sorry if you can't understand that.  

He's not looking at the polls in Virginia and Ohio -- and whoever wins Virginia and Ohio wins the election.

Your statement is wrong on both levels.  First the polling in OH and VA is close; both are on my tossup list.  Second, I did come up with a few scenarios where Obama wins both, but loses the election.

Here is one:

It is not pretty, but it produces 270 EV's.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10008 on: September 18, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

^^lol

I'm looking at trending.

Related:

Hey J. J.!

Well, first of all, Romney is looking at the polls.  Secondly, he is noting that they do change over time.  It doesn't violate the rule, at all.  Sorry if you can't understand that. 

Your statement is wrong on both levels.  First the polling in OH and VA is close; both are on my tossup list.  Second, I did come up with a few scenarios where Obama wins both, but loses the election.

Here is one:

That's not just not a likely map, it's not a possible map.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10009 on: September 18, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »

Here is one:

Yeah, there's no way with the current polling that if Obama gets Ohio and Virginia that he doesn't also get at least one of the other swing states.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10010 on: September 18, 2012, 12:31:23 PM »

Approve: 49%, -1

Disapprove: 45%, +1

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10011 on: September 18, 2012, 12:38:46 PM »

Here is one:

Yeah, there's no way with the current polling that if Obama gets Ohio and Virginia that he doesn't also get at least one of the other swing states.

Today, Obama's lead increased in VA, according to the WP.  Romney pulled into the lead in CO, according to Rasmussen.

I could very easily see something along those lines happening.  Note that I didn't put MI in the Romney column, but that remains a possibility.  His numbers have improved, even within the same poll, there.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10012 on: September 18, 2012, 12:51:59 PM »

Here is one:

Today, Obama's lead increased in VA, according to the WP.  Romney pulled into the lead in CO, according to Rasmussen.

I could very easily see something along those lines happening.

Yes. The kind of voters that desert Romney in Virginia and Ohio are definitely going to stay with him in Colorado, Iowa, Florida, etc.

Note that I didn't put MI in the Romney column, but that remains a possibility. 

His numbers have improved, even within the same poll, there.

Which poll are you talking about, specifically?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10013 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:48 PM »

PPP.  In July, Obama had a 14 point lead; two weeks ago, it was down to 7.  Some of the lesser ones, newspapers, local pollsters, are putting it closer. Only EPIC has shown an increase off of a 3 point lead.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10014 on: September 18, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »

PPP.  In July, Obama had a 14 point lead; two weeks ago, it was down to 7.  Some of the lesser ones, newspapers, local pollsters, are putting it closer. Only EPIC has shown an increase off of a 3 point lead.
A 7-point lead doesn't make Michigan a "possibility" for Romney. And considering Michigan-only-pollsters' ludicrous bias, you can't count FMW's latest nonsense.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10015 on: September 18, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

A 7-point lead doesn't make Michigan a "possibility" for Romney. And considering Michigan-only-pollsters' ludicrous bias, you can't count FMW's latest nonsense.

As I indicated, I did not include it. 

However, a drop of 7 points in 8 weeks on a slightly Democratic poll is significant.  Some of the lesser ones are showing it closer.  One of the superpacs just made an $800 K ad buy in MI.  On top of that, there does appear to be trending toward Romney in the region, with OH static, and Obama's only strong state being IL.  That isn't enough to start calling it a tossup or blue, but it certainly is a light shade of red.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10016 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »

Rasmussen Obama (National)

Approve 49%, u.

Disapprove 50%, u.

"Strongly Approve" is at 30%, +2.  "Strongly Disapprove" is at  42%, -1.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10017 on: September 19, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »

Approve: 48%, -1

Disapprove: 46%, +1

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #10018 on: September 19, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »

The new Pew poll looks likely to push Obama over the 50% approval barrier at RCP.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #10019 on: September 19, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »

The new Pew poll looks likely to push Obama over the 50% approval barrier at RCP.

It hasn't because they're hacks...
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10020 on: September 19, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »

Or maybe it's because Pew is at best a mediocre pollster.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10021 on: September 19, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »

That doesn't change the fact that RCP is a hack website...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10022 on: September 19, 2012, 04:49:14 PM »

RCP is fine, but a number of these polls are garbage.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10023 on: September 19, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »

RCP is fine, but a number of these polls are garbage.

I agree that a number of these polls are garbage including all Rassy, Gallup and ARG trolljobs, but RCP is a right-wing hack website and you should look at their article headlines to get a better idea of where they stand...
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10024 on: September 19, 2012, 06:29:44 PM »

^Much like looking at your thread titles...?
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 ... 410  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies