President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:28:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 884421 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« on: December 19, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »

Just got P4E 2008, here is my first game:

Ran as Al Gore in the 2008 scenario that comes with the game. Started in the primaries with all characters on for both major parties and 3rd parties off. Was leading in Iowa till the last minute when Mark Warner surged there. He won and I came in 2nd. Warner also won NH. Most of the other candidates dropped out soon after, setting up me vs Hillary with Warner a distant 3rd. I won most of the South and West, Hillary took most of the NE and Midwest. The primary dragged on a long time with Hillary leading but nobody getting a majority By the time the primaries were almost done the delegate count was something like this:

Clinton 1400
Gore 1100
Warner 500

I used all my political influence points to get Warner to drop out and endorse me, which gave me a majority. Offered Hillary my VP and she accepted.

Romney had won the GOP primary pretty early and had been running a GE campaign since then. By the time I won the primary things were not looking good for Team D.

Romney/Pataki 47%
Gore/Clinton 40%

Throughout GE, I focused on running positive ads about homeland security, which I had gotten a couple of issue bonuses on and researched some insights into. I had a bit more momentum than Romney the whole campaign so I closed on him slowly and then narrowly overtook him in the last two weeks. By election day it was still very close and the game had over 100 EVs as tossups but Gore in a narrow lead.

Final results:
Gore/Clinton 50.4%, 290 EVs
Romney/Pataki 49.6%, 248 EVs

Not bad for a first time (on Hard difficulty, no less) Smiley
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »

Has anyone ever done this before?

I started playing as Carol Moseley Braun in 2004 in the primaries. Won Michigan first and then Illinois, both by focusing my entire campaign on the states for a number of weeks. Was at 3-4% in the national polls but had a good number of delegates because I won both MI and IL by landslide margins (40%ish). The major candidates by the end of the primaries were Dean, Kerry, and Gephardt, with Gephardt in the lead and only a few hundred delegates from winning. I traded all my PIPs to Dean for his VP slot, which after like 15 offers he finally accepted (to get around the "___ must have his party's nomination locked up" message, I started by offering to Bush and then scrolled up, which allowed me to bypass that message-apparently a glitch in the game). Then, since Gephardt was going to win, I used all Dean's PIPs to get Kerry's VP slot, which Kerry accepted on the first offer. Then, going into the GE, I noticed Kerry had a ton of PIPs and surprisingly good relations with Bush. Just to see what would happen, I offered Bush all Kerry's PIPs for Bush's VP slot since the Dem convention happened before the GOP convention. Bush accepted, after which I got a "list index out of bounds" error and the game froze. Here's a screenshot of the final polls, after Kerry became Bush's VP:

So I started as Carol Moseley Braun and ended as George Bush, or would have if the game didn't crash. Pretty fun. I wish that it had let me continue into the GE as Bush/Kerry vs the thrid party candidates.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:25:37 PM »

Another "sh1t that would never happen IRL" post:

I started in 2004 in the GE as Al Sharpton with Carol Moseley Braun as VP against Colin Powell and Condi, because I wanted a challenge and I thought it would be funny to have a black man and a black woman on each ticket. I did pretty well throughout the campaign, alternating between attacking Powell on education and positive ads on Sharpton's leadership. I was leading by October. But in the last week I ran out of cash and Powell surged in California and New Jersey, which led to a sorta weird result there.

Mr Al Sharpton (D-NY)/Fmr Senator Carol Moseley Braun (D-IL) 51.7% of the popular vote, 341 EVs
Secretary of State Colin Powell (R-VA)/National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice (R-CA) 44.7% of the popular vote, 197 EVs
Mr Michael Badnarik (L-TX)/Mr Lance Brown (L-CA) 2.3% of the popular vote
Mr Michael Peroutka (C-MD)/Mr Chuck Baldwin (C-FL) 1.2% of the popular vote
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:19 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2013, 11:40:02 PM by drj101 »

Democratic Primaries, 2008:

Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN)
Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
Former Governor Mark Warner (D-VA)
Former Vice President Al Gore (D-TN)
General Wesley Clark (D-AR)

I started as Bayh, won a handful of states early (MO, OK, SC). Clinton won most of the primaries, with me slightly edging out Warner for second and Gore and Clark taking some others. I used my PIPs to get Clark to endorse me after Super Tuesday, and Gore dropped out and endorsed me unprompted afterwards, which put me ahead of Hillary in delegate count. Warner soon dropped out without endorsing anyone and I got the nomination.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:58:16 PM »

Has anyone managed to win the nomination as Graham in 04? I've been trying recently and I can't.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »

So I finally gave in and bought this game, because the only torrent of it that's out there is the totally unpatched version with lots of bugs and no ability to play any of the other scenarios that people make. Had a chance to run a game while I was on the train up from DC, chose the 2009 NYC Mayor scenario b/c that seems fitting (an alt scenario someone made where Bloomberg doesn't run). Played as Richard Parsons who seemed interesting, plus I figured a Republican was a challenge. The GOP primary was pretty easy-I just ran citywide ads about how awesome a leader I was or something while nobody else ever really made any traction and seemed to spend a bunch of time tearing each other down pointlessly. Once it was clear I was gonna win the primary I focused on fundraising and debate prep. Ray Kelly surged really late and won the primaries in all of Brooklyn and SI but I won everywhere else. The Democratic primary was a total mess, in the end it went to the convention where Marty Markowitz beat Bill Thompson narrowly. I used my PIPs to bribe Joel Klein, one of the moderately successful Dems, to be my "running mate" (idk what that means in the context of NYC but it's built into the game). I destroyed Markowitz in the debates and outspent him, gradually closing until I overtook him in the last few weeks. On election night I won even bigger than I expected, taking every borough except Brooklyn (even the Bronx, narrowly):

Pretty impressive imo, given that the GOP starts at like a 20-30 point disadvantage.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »

Really fun insomnia-fueled 3am game from a few days ago, playing the 1996 Prez Perot scenario as Jesse Jackson. Got my first break in the primaries by winning Iowa of all places. Came down to me, Ann Richards, and Paul Wellstone in the end, with Richards having like 45% of the delegates and Wellstone and me about evenly splitting the rest with me a teeny tiny bit ahead. Wellstone endorsed me after the primaries ended so I got the nomination. Started out in 3rd, worked my way up into the lead most of the campaign, but then ran out of cash early and crashed in the last two-ish weeks. This was the result:

Almost a perfect three-way tie. I got the most pop votes but 2nd in the EC by one. Amazingly close.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 10:38:24 PM »

TRUMPSLIDE

(My VP was Allen West)

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 10:39:22 PM »

http://scenarios.270soft.com/category/p4e8/
Pages: [1]