President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:27:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 882714 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »

2012 Election: (With President Forever 2008)

Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani/Former Governor Mitt Romney: 49% / 319 EV
President Barack Obama/VicePresident Joe Biden: 44.6% / 219 EV
Former Governor Gary Johnson/Judge Jim Gray: 2.4% / 0 EV
Others: 4% / 0 EV

Quite interesting game; I faced the primaries with Giuliani vs Romney, Huckabee, Palin as the main foes (2008 all over again), and with a strategy of taking New Hampshire, Florida and Nevada I managed to take the momentum. After winning the nomination I focused on winning the west and increasing the margins in upper New England, which explains why I won states like Oregon but not Pennsylvania... Now I'll see how I fare with Tim Pawlenty or Mitch Daniels.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »

Newt in 2012:

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich/Former Secretary Condoleeza Rice - 48.9% - 301 EV
President Barack Obama/Vice President Joe Biden - 48% - 237 EV
Former Governor Gary Johnson/Judge James Gray - 1.2%

After taking Iowa, South Carolina, Florida and Nevada I managed to avoid the Santorum surge with ads, and Romney put up a decent fight all the way to the New England April primaries, when Santorum and Paul endorsed me, ending the battle. Then I picked Rice and I focused on winning the swing states, which lead to Obama winning a lot of votes in safe Republican states. I was expecting to lose Michigan and Colorado and narrowly win Pennsylvania and Nevada, but it looks like the polls where way off.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 01:46:21 AM »

Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-MN)/ Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)- 50.3%; 423 EV
Pres. Barack Obama (D-IL)/ VP Joe Biden (D-DE)- 41.9%; 115 EV
Former Gov. Gary Johnson (L-NM)/ Judge James Gray (L-CA)- 5.6%; 0EV
Dr. Jill Stein (G-MA) / Ms. Cheri Honkala (G-PA)- 1.3%; 0 EV
Former Rep. Virgil Goode (C-VA)/ Mr. Jim Clymer (C-PA)-  0.9%; 0 EV

Well... Focused on increasing debate atributes and raising money instead of competing in the early states, then launching a massive national assault after winning Minnesota. Got Romney and Gingrich to endorse me in May and I asked Santorum to be the VP (why not?). Then I kept raising money and attacked Obama with tons of newspaper and radio ads, quickly securing conservative states. Then I launched attacks on the swing and more liberal states, won all three debates and lost the VP one, and somehow Obama collapsed more and more to the point where I send Santorum to California and I won it by a mere 0.5%. Gary Johnson acted as a massive spoiler, since without him I might have won New Mexico, Oregon and Maine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 09:04:44 PM »

Given that I don't have Prime Minister Forever (although I really want that game), I chose to use the PF scenario in which the UK holds a Presidential election to see what could happen. I played as Farage expecting to win a region or two, and the results were... fascinating.

Nigel Farage (UKIP): 278 EV, 33.2% PV, 15,200,649
Ed Milliband (Labor): 103 EV, 24% PV, 10,978,347
David Cameron (Conservative): 103 EV, 23.5% PV, 10,765,692
Nicola Sturgeon (SNP): 33 EV, 2.5% PV, 1,125,428
Caroline Lucas (Green): 12 EV, 5.2% PV, 2,363,128
Nick Clegg (LibDem): 0 EV, 11.1% PV, 5,081,020
Ieuan Wyn Jones (Plaid Cymru): 0 EV, 0.6% PV, 292,228

Surprisingly enough Cameron held some healthy leads over UKIP in the areas he won, but Milliband and Laboor came close to a complete collapse. Save from the areas of Wales they won, I came within one or two points of winning the rest of the regions they managed to win. The greens managed to defeat the SNP in a region (somehow), and the Lib Dems lost everything, their best result being third place (24%) in Devon. Plaid actually came close to winning most of Wales, but Cameron took those regions with slim margins.

All in all it's a fairly interesting fantasy scenario, but I would naturally prefer to try the actual game about British elections.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies