President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:34:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 887339 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: August 16, 2013, 07:53:12 AM »

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »

Nebraska and Alabama were the closest states (78.8-21.2)... I'd like to know what would have been the result if I had played the Easy mode:

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:39:55 PM »

Nebraska and Alabama were the closest states (78.8-21.2)... I'd like to know what would have been the result if I had played the Easy mode:

[img]

Wow. How did Cuomo get nuked?

After SC voted, it was obvious that I'd win the GOP nomination (in fact, Ryan took AZ because I wasn't paying attention to the primaries anymore). I started to target and create footsoldiers in heavily dem states while Clinton, Cuomo and O'Malley were in a close fight. After Clinton lost some momentum, in part because of negative ads by my campaign, I decided to make her my VP and kept raising money and targeting dem states. Cuomo and O'Malley were tied, and it was in the final 2-3 states that Cuomo managed to get a majority of delegates... But it was too  late for him, because I had more than 50 M CoH and lots of ads that I could afford running in every state. I had enough CPs to spin every news and Cuomo actually stopped campaigning after I refused to debate him (I suppose it's authomatical if your opponent has less than 15% in the polls). I created many newspaper and web ads, and when I wanted to create very positive momentum for me, I released 2 TV ads at the same time (you create one and then wait to the 2nd one to be created and run them in every state at the same time: that usually makes news and has a power of 4). But not everything worked. I tried to find an scandal on Cuomo but no one was found, and I wasted a lot of time on debate prep, something I didn't need. Something that helped is that Christie usually get positive interviews. My objective was to have all the map in red before the democratic primaries were over, something I almost managed to do (DC and MA remained blue) and that helped me a lot because Cuomo wasted his time campaigning in the closer states, those where I had a better organization and more footsoldiers Smiley Then, he went mad and sent his VP O'Malley (he didn't campaign, as I mentioned) to campaign in the West and South, states I hadn't paid attention to at all. And that's why my best states are Michigan, Georgia (I spent a lot of time here because I wanted to get more votes than FDR got in his landslide in 1936) and Ohio and my worst states Nebraska, Alabama and Tennessee (where I didn't campaign). Fun fact is that I got 93% in DC but only 88% in UT and WY.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies