President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:58:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 884327 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: July 31, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »

1980: I ran as George Bush. The whole primary Bush was tied with Reagan in delegates. However, a string of wins in April gave Bush the edge, and he went on to win the nomination.

Carter slaughtered Kennedy, with Kennedy only winning one state.

Due to the primary, Bush was behind the whole time, and never came close to victory. Despite superior debating skills, Bush lost both debates.

Carter wins in a landslide:

Carter: 45,951,609     56.4%
Bush: 35,463,321     43.6%

Lightly colored states were won by less than a 5% margin.

Damn.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »

A deadlocked convention for the Democratic Party between Cuomo and Clinton harmed their chances in the election, especially when Clinton had won the popular vote in the primaries. Clinton had also been ahead in the delegate count, but Gephardt's delegates trended strongly for Cuomo, giving him the nomination. Depending on fundraising rather than goverment funds, I was able to keep going after Cuomo's campaign ran out of funds. A massive amount of scandals thrown out by Cuomo and Perot almost derailed my campaign, but a large last minute ad campaign was enough to negate the effects, and then gave me a small momentum boost going into election day. Footsoldiers were able to capture state that were polling Democratic, like New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Massachusetts.

George H. W. Bush (R-TX)/Jack Kemp (R-NY) 46,573,797 42.3%/531 Electoral
Ross Perot (I-TX)/James Stockdale (I-IL) 26,773,199 24.3%/4 Electoral
Mario Cuomo (D-NY)/Max Baucus  (D-MT) 36,749,868 33.4%/3 Electoral

Epic F***ing win!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 02:08:41 AM »

Ran as George McGovern in the 1984 scenario from the primaries. I left out Mondale and Hart to create an ahistorical race between McGovern, Jackson, Glen, and Hollings. McGovern easily won the nomination, largely following the endorsement of Jackson, which allowd him to soldify his base, while the party moderates were divided between Glenn and Hollings. I had wanted to pick Barbara Jordan, mainly because McGovern at this point would have to assume that he was going to lose. Why not pick an African American Women, picking up two historical event of note at once? However, Jordan was suffering from major health issues, and would very likely have declined if asked. McGovern himself would have had to realize that putting someone in the copilot's seat, someone who is very VERY ill, would not send a good message. Therefore, he probably would have settled on John Glenn, who was popular, well-known, and experianced.

The election went terribly. Despite McGovern's attempts at attacking Reagan, the odds against him were just to high. Reagan was popular due to a roaring economy, was much more charismatic, and had a massive war chest. McGovern was once again painted as the "Amnesty, Abortion, and Acid" canidate, and even though it did not have the same ring in it, it had the same effect within an America that was moving toward the right. George McGovern would be crushed in a landslide, while Ronald Reagan would achieve the largest popular vote victory since the "Era of Good Feelings"

Henceforth, all sacrificial canidates were titled "McGovern's Children"

Ronald Reagan (R-CA)/George H. W. Bush (R-TX) 51,063,247 61.7% / 499 Electoral
George McGovern (D-NY)/John Glenn (D-OH) 31,675,805 38.3% / 39 Electoral

I have to say, this seems like the exact outcome that would occur if they had really matched up this way in real life.

Agreed.
People often forget that while LBJ and Nixon won enormous landslides against extremists, Reagan did so against a normal Democrat who might've not been moderate but was 5 miles away from being an extremist (although pv wise Reagan got only 58.5% of the vote). If his opponent was an extremist he might've won all 50 states and win the biggest pv since the Era of Good Feelings.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2009, 03:21:43 PM by Mechaman »

Well Vepres, here are the results for the Primares with everyone in them....

TOP-Democrats
BOTTOM-Republicans

DEMOCRATS

Dark Blue-Chowdhury
Brown-Sanchez
Pink-Pilar
Aqua-Westman
Green-McShan
Purple-Gutierrez
Maroon-Constine
Orange-L'Hermine
Gray-Wedewer

TICKET:
(D)-Vince Pilar/Wesley Clark

REPUBLICANS

Green-Moratlis
Blue-Valmont
Yellow-Coppersmith
Red-Soult

TICKET:
(R)-Vepres Moratlis/George Pataki

I'm kind of shock at how well I did. Also, I ended up getting the most random ass states out of all the candidates: Alaska, Washington, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Florida, Connecticut, and DC (how in the f**k does a libertarian Democrat win Oklahoma and DC?!!!!!) Then again considering how well borderline conservative Pilar did I shouldn't be surprised. This game looks like a battle between the libertarian leaners in Atlas.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 02:40:57 AM »

How the F*** did McGovern/Jackson win?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 09:44:18 PM »

2000:

Alan Keyes/Condoleezza Rice 49.1% (270 electoral votes)
Al Gore/ Dick Gephardt 47.2% (268 electoral votes)
Ralph Nader/ Winona LaDuke 2.7% (0 electoral votes)
Pat Buchanan/ Ezola Foster 0.9% (0 electoral votes)

Another ridiculous outcome from P4E. Apparently it doesn't take into account race or radicalism in determining candidate's effects on states. If it weren't for running out of money and getting hit with 3 scandals in the final week, it would have been a blowout victory for Keyes.

Closest states were Vermont, Maine, Ohio, and Delaware, all lost by Alan Keyes by less than 1%. Roll Eyes

What!?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »

Roosevelt Vs. Landon

It was very hard to do
1) where can one get a 1936 scenario?
2) As amazing as Roosevelt losing that badly is, please tell you got the colors backwards.

Yeah a Republican candidate (especially one as "moderate" as Landon) winning Texas and Alabama with over 80% of the pv and Mississippi with over 90% in 1936 is pretty g****m f***ing insane.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:17 PM »

Roosevelt Vs. Landon

It was very hard to do
1) where can one get a 1936 scenario?
2) As amazing as Roosevelt losing that badly is, please tell you got the colors backwards.

Yeah a Republican candidate (especially one as "moderate" as Landon) winning Texas and Alabama with over 80% of the pv and Mississippi with over 90% in 1936 is pretty g****m f***ing insane.

I didn't bother to change the colors.

Whoa that still means that Landon won g*****m Florida with 70% of the vote and f***ing Florida with 80%!
How?!
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »

Atlasia Forever: Oct. 2010 : Pop Primaries

Here is a taste of the scenario Dallas is working on I played as myself.

Dallas had an early lead in most states but started losing ground after my wins in IA and NH. Then AndrewCT kept his campaign alive after performing well in the south and a big win in NY. I did not secure enough delegates until the last Primary avoiding a convention fight.

JBrase - 1081 delegates, 40.6%

Dallasfan65 - 514 delegates, 31.5%
AndrewCT 445 Delegates, 27.9%

cool Cheesy

Thanks.

This scenario is still in it's earlier stages, but I'll let everybody know when an official version is out. Lot of stuff still needs tinkering with.

Can I be in it?

We'll see... I don't want to start a slippery slope of everybody demanding their own character, as I only have so many slots.

You could be a crusader though. Tongue

I want to be a crusader!
I could do well in a Populares primary, but I'm too lazy to put forth the effort.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies