President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:17:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 877264 times)
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« on: October 11, 2008, 06:36:33 PM »

Ran as "me" in 2008, used funds to run ads in alot of the swing states and that payed off. I pulled out several scandals against Romney and mainly attacked Romney's experience and integrity. Nearly won IA, FL, WV, TN, KY, AR, GE, MS.

(D) - Jackson/Obama: 316 EV 53% PV
(R) - Romney/McCain: 222 EV 45% PV

Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:49:35 PM »

I majorly used Iran, Iraq, Health Care, Experience and Homeland Security.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 07:02:20 PM »

I majorly used Iran, Iraq, Health Care, Experience and Homeland Security.

Sorry, what were your views on each issue?  Your entire platform?
Thats alright but in a nutshell I had about one third of Centrist, Right and Left but most left and right were center-right and center-left so mainly I ran as a centrist. If you want me to post some of my standings on certain issues feel free to ask.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:12:18 AM »

This is from a scenario that I created about that the Democratic Convention is bitter and leads to Hillary getting the nomination and Obama walking out and running under the "Reform Democratic" banner for president with Governor Easley of NC, also Obama is on the ballot on states he won during the primary season and ditto for Hillary. Played as Obama and used a media blitz to get many of the leaning or tossup states between Obama and McCain to go green and hit McCain with a few scandals. The Election results have no one getting a majority of the EV's and the House elects Hillary Clinton as the 44th President.

(R): John McCain/Mitt Romney: 201 EV 42% PV
(D): Hillary Clinton/Bill Richardson: 183 EV 30% PV
(RD): Barack Obama/Mike Easley: 154 EV 26% PV
Other: 0 EV 2% PV
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »

I Played as Seth Gillette in the West Wing 2006 Presidential Election. I used a toned down campaign and campaigned in the West and a number of New England states. Though this wasn't the keep to victory, I wanted to try it and the results were somewhat a suprise. California went to Baker with 50.9% to Vinick's 49.1% and was the deciding state for the election. My best state was ND with the 2nd place finish of 27.3%, which I only got 2nd place over Baker by 7 votes.

(D)-Baker/Santos: 49.8%, 285 PV
(R)-Vinick/Sullivan: 48.7%, 253 PV
(I)-Gillette/Wade: 1.5%, 0 EV
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »

Seems interesting. Is it a dowloadable game ? If yes, can you give me a link ? Thanks a lot.
Here's a link, hope it helps.
http://www.theoryspark.com/political_games/president_forever/info/index.htm
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »

I played as Badnarik in my created "Stephen Colbert 2008" General Election scenario. I campaigned across the country and did the easiest things to drum up support and it worked. McCain destroyed Colbert for much of the campaign but only the good press that Colbert got from interviews and such, held him up against McCain but that fizzled away and Colbert underpreformed pretty bad come election day.

(R)-John McCain/Mitt Romney: 51.5%, 439 EV
(D)-Stephen Colbert/Evan Bayh: 43.7%, 99 EV
(L)-Michael Badnarik/Lance Brown: 4.8%, 0 EV
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »

I can't seem to drum up enough support as an Independant. How did you manage to get 4.8%???
All I usually do is put footsoldier after footsoldier in a number of key states(I usually try to target five states and try to get 5 footsoldiers in each) and also when I can get it in I would do barnstorming, etc to continue and win over and get some acceleration in polls. Take the Libertarian ticket I ran as, I got a little over 20% in TX and OK, I nearly got 20% in AK, got a little over 30% in KS and got 11% in MO. So to simplify, target five states(have a big one in your sights so that can ramp up your national popular vote, mix the other four with medium and small states if you wish and target those repeatably to also help out in the national popular vote). But remember, the Democratic and Republican candidates also matter, so does just targeting only small states(EX: I ran as Nader in '04 and was only able to target two states but I targeted CT and ME and got 18% and 10% in those states but only got 0.5% nationally)

Yes this was very long but I hope that some of this helps. Smiley
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:38:19 AM »

In another run as an third party candidate in my "Colbert '08" scenario, I played as the Constitution Party candidate Michael Peroutka and got over 30% in KY, over 20% in UT, TX and TN. The campaign between the Republican and Democratic candidates, Sam Brownback and Stephen Colbert was a slug fest as both vied for their short time as leaders in polls. This continued until election, which spat out a very strange results as Colbert was actually leading in the polls before.

(R)-Sam Brownback/George Pataki: 295 EV, 49.2%
(D)-Stephen Colbert/Bill Richardson: 243 EV, 47%
(C)-Michael Peroutka/Chuck Baldwin: 0 EV, 3.8%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 12:34:25 AM »

Ran as McCarthy in the 1976 race, focused mainly on AZ and watched the race. After running a strong campaign, McCarthy won AZ in a small margin over Reagan, Wallace fizzled out come election day and Reagan won big in the electorate.

(R)-Ronald Reagan/Richard Schweicker: 360 EV, 50.5%
(D)-George Wallace/Jerry Brown: 172 EV, 46.3%
(I)-Eugene McCarthy/Varied in States: 6 EV, 3.2%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:35:07 AM »

Ran as McCarthy in the 1976 race, focused mainly on AZ and watched the race. After running a strong campaign, McCarthy won AZ in a small margin over Reagan, Wallace fizzled out come election day and Reagan won big in the electorate.

(R)-Ronald Reagan/Richard Schweicker: 360 EV, 50.5%
(D)-George Wallace/Jerry Brown: 172 EV, 46.3%
(I)-Eugene McCarthy/Varied in States: 6 EV, 3.2%

Wallace wins Vermont Huh Shocked
Yeah tell me about it!
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »

Played as Anderson to watch how this fight would be in 1984. Fernandez led for most of the campaign but a short time before election day, Jackson began to improve his numbers but that wasn't enough. Ran a strong New England center campaign and won ME, VT and CT. Fernandez would win big over Anderson and Jackson come election day.

(R)-Ben Fernandez/George H.W. Bush: 354 EV, 50%
(D)-Jesse Jackson/John Glenn: 169 EV, 41.9%
(I)-John Anderson/Patrick Lucey: 15 EV, 8%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 04:24:20 PM »

Ran as Perot in the 1992 scenario against Bush and Rockefeller. I ran a strong campaign and the election was a mud slinging event as Bush was hammered into third, I clawed my way up in polls to the point and fought with Rockefeller but he still led through out the campaign. On election day, my numbers went up after strong and quick campaigning in the last weeks of the campaign sealed some suprises for me. Rockefeller would still win in a landslide as I took second with Bush at third.

(D)-Jay Rockefeller/Bob Kerrey: 316 EV, 40.6%
(I)-Ross Perot/James Stockdale: 171 EV, 27.4%
(R)-George H.W. Bush/Pete Wilson: 51 EV, 32%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 12:43:52 PM »

Another play-through of the 2008 Atlas Forever I'm working on with Badnarik.

(R)-Santiago Drexler: 299 EV 48.5%
(D)-Evan Gutierrez: 239 EV 45.7%
(I)-Connor Flynn: 0 EV 5.2%
(Li)-Michael Badnarik: 0 EV 0.6%

Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 02:18:04 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2009, 10:38:50 PM by Andy Jackson »

I think so.

just to get this out of the way, a list of all who's in my "Atlas Forever 2008" scenario(for now)

Democrats
Ben Constine
Scott Moore
Gael-Malo L'Hermine
Vince Pilar
Jack Polnut
Evan Gutierrez
M.J.P. McShan
Jesse Wedewer
Naveed Chowdhury
Joshua Sanchez

Republicans
Brett Valmont
David Coppersmith
Santiago Drexler
Chris Soult
Isaac Bahney
Daniel Smith
John Smith
Vepres Moratlis

Independent
Connor Flynn

Libertarian
Michael Badnarik
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 05:50:46 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2009, 10:40:29 PM by Andy Jackson »

I think so.

just to get this out of the way, a list of all who's in my "Atlas Forever 2008" scenario(for now)

Democrats
Ben Constine
Scott Moore
Gael-Malo L'Hermine
Vince Pilar
Jack Polnut
Evan Gutierrez
M.J.P. McShan
Jesse Wedewer
Naveed Chowdhury
Joshua Sanchez

Republicans
Brett Valmont
David Coppersmith
Santiago Drexler
Chris Soult
Isaac Bahney
Daniel Smith
John Smith
Vepres Moratlis

Independent
Connor Flynn

Libertarian
Michael Badnarik

Could you post the primary maps next time as well?

Make sure the state percentages are all equal, though give a home state advantage.
Sure to the primary maps and also I already do an equal field and an + for home states.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »

sorry about that, changed it.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 10:57:41 AM »

Run me vs you vs Constine vs L'Hermine and Moraltis vs the two Smiths vs Bahney

Bahney*
Moraltis
(D) Smith
(J) Smith

*Isaac Bahney wins at the Convetion easily and chooses Mitt Romney as his VEEP pick.

Moore
McShan
Constine
L'Hermine*

*After Convention battle, L'Hermine came out of the mix after a battle between Constine. L'Hermine would choose Evan Bayh at the convention.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 11:15:19 AM »

L'Hermine was lagging in polls until the mid of the sixth week of campaigning until Election Day. This closeness continued until Bahney hammered L'Hermine down again and had the Republicans take a fair lead in polls again. Bahney would "Triumph!" in the first debate over L'Hermine, this win plus good press and a strong campaign against L'Hermine, gave Bahney another jump in his lead over the Democrats. Bahney's lead shrank as his campaign came off more and more negative as L'Hermine played up that his campaign was more positive, Bahney's lead shrank to a 48% to 45% the day before election day. The Election was surprisingly close as most of the Democratic wins were very close, this continued until California was left on the map, the state went back and forth for the longest part until it was finally called for L'Hermine, at which then the Presidency was called for L'Hermine. The popular vote was another thing as Bahney easily won it over L'Hermine.

(D)-L'Hermine/Bayh: 288 EV 47.7%
(R)-Bahney/Romney: 250 EV 50.4%
Others: 0 EV 1.9%

Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »

Andy, could you run the same four democrats vs. Moratlis, Bahney, Drexler, and Coppersmith.
Sure

Constine
L'Hermine*
Moore

*L'Hermine easily wins at the Convention after Moore dropped out and backed L'Hermine, which pushed him over the edge into the realm of presumptive nominee. Constinue dropped out soon after. L'Hermine would choose Senator Barbara Boxer as his VEEP.

Moratlis
Bahney*
Coppersmith
Drexler

*After a long struggle, all three remaining candidates were about even in polls but Moratlis fell short in the Convention balloting and threw his backing behind Bahney over Coppersmith. Bahney would then choose Moratlis as his VEEP nominee for his support and to unite the party.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 11:30:44 PM »

The Bahney/Moratlis ticket became the "All Star" ticket in the sense as through out the campaing they led, into the third week, L'Hermine's own homestate, Maine, switched to the Republicans which added even more weight to Bahney's campaign. Bahney triumphed in the debates over L'Hermine and led big. The last week until Election Day, L'Hermine began to gain on Bahney and Moratlis but would it be enough? Bahney and Moratlis won huge as L'Hermine was left in the dust on Election Day.

(R)-Bahney/Moratlis: 398 EV 52.6%
(D)-L'Hermine/Boxer: 140 EV 46.8%
Others: 0 EV 0.6%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »

Ran as Barr to test my "Schwarzenegger in '08" created scenario. Obama led Schwarzenegger for most of the campaign until it became surprisingly close at the mid point of the fifth week until Election Day. After that, Biden won his VP debate and Obama won all of the debates and campaigned more vigorously against Schwarzenegger and quickly began to distance himself from the Californian Governor in polls. On the last week until Election Day, Schwarzenegger began to make some gains, going up 3 points in polls but Obama still led by a fair margin. On Election Day, Obama won in a landslide but Schwarzenegger would get some suprising results, 44% in his homestate of CA, 48% in MN, about 47% in NH and nearly 45% in ME would all be suprises on Election Night.

(D)-Obama/Biden: 428 EV 54.8%
(R)-Schwarzenegger/Thune: 110 EV 44.7%
(Li)-Barr/Root: 0 EV 0.5%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

Another run through with my "Atlas Forever 2008" scenario.

(R)-Moratlis/Hagel: 335 EV 49.1%
(D)-Polnut/Kerry: 203 EV 46.1%
(I)-Flynn/Chafee: 0 EV 4.1%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 0.7%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »

Another fun test for my Atlas 2008 scenario

(D)-McShan/Feingold: 387 EV 52.5%
(R)-Coppersmith/Allen: 151 EV 46.3%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 1.2%

Also, anyone have any more requests for my "Atlas 2008" scenario?
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »

Do you think you could run Moratlis/Richardon vs. Me/Romney, with Moratlis as a Democrat?
Sure man.

The campaign began as Governor Bahney ran above Governor Moratlis by one point, though at the 7th week point, Bahney would increase the lead by 2 points. At the 6th week a big gaffe made by Moratlis on Same Sex Marriage, engulf the entire week. After bouncing back, Moratlis and Bahney were even about in polls and a more negative campaign began by the Bahney camp would draw criticism. During the 5th week, polls had Bahney at 42% and Moratlis at 41%, come the VEEP debate, Romney "Triumphed" in the debate over Richardson and as Bahney had done during the first presidential debate as well. Scandal soon enveloped the Moratlis campaign during the 3rd week and brought him down in polls as Bahney slowly increased his lead. Finally though, Moratlis had a payoff as Moratlis won one of presidential debates but the polls remained static. Bahney's campaign began to have scandals of it's own as his lead was at the time at 6 points over Moratlis. The lead up to Election Day had remained about the same, Bahney at 47% and Moratlis at 41%. The final day before Election Day was forecasting a Bahney victory as more of the Democratic states and Colorado seemed to be in Moratlis corner as most to all of the tossup's were in Bahney's corner.

(R)-Bahney/Romney: 392 EV 53.6%
(D)-Moratlis/Richardson: 146 EV 45.1%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 1.3%
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies