President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 887503 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: October 10, 2008, 06:28:35 AM »

I ran as McGovern in 1972. Running four ads in every state at the end is officially the most overpowered tactic in all of President Forever. Missouri was decided by 1,205 votes. Colorado was won by 1,450 votes. Montana by 3,396 votes. Oregon was won by 5,204 votes.

Indeed it is. I played as Obama the other day, had a really messy primary against Clinton and just scraped over the line. I was reduced to a handful of states in New England plus Illinois at the start of the GE, waited until the final week and did the four ads in each state and won convincingly.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »

When the other party has no real primary, they always get a landslide map at the start of the GE.

Yeah, I know, I was more agreeing with PiT's comment that ads are incredibly powerful in the game and that running a maximum number of hard-hitting ads right before the election often will dramatically swing the result.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:48:24 AM »
« Edited: December 10, 2008, 09:55:29 AM by Smid »

Just played through one as myself, set as a fairly inexperienced Republican from Vermont.

In the early campaign, Clinton was winning quite comfortably, only a handful of states were interested in voting for me - you know you're in trouble when you're losing Utah, SC, TN, KY and it's too close to call in OK.

After a tough fight, I managed to start level pegging with Clinton, and was neck-and-neck going into the final week. The states looked quite bizarre at that stage - I was ahead in California and behind in drawing even in much of the south and behind very strongly in South Carolina.

For the final week, I adopted Conor's Strategum of running ads in the final week (having saved my warchest in previous weeks). I ran three attack ads on Clinton's health care platform, while running a positive ad (ironically) on my integrity at the same time. The positive ad and one negative ad were run in all the states, and the other two negative ads were run in all states except for the ones I'd written off (Mass, Conn, Rhode Island, Maryland, Illinois, Arkansas, Colorado) and the states I was far enough ahead in (not many - Miss, Alabama, Texas, Nebraska, Kansas, Wyoming, Idaho).

The final poll, a couple of days before the election, looked like this (showing strong/lean/tossup) :

I spent the final couple of days in New York and Vermont and my VP in Florida and New York. The election night result ended up being:

Smid (R)             64,339,127   54.4%   455 EVs
Clinton (D)         51,285,665   43.4%     83 EVs
Badnarik (L)         2,012,238     1.7%       0 EVs
Peroutka (C)           668,437     0.6%       0 EVs

My most pleasing result was Vermont, where I received 58.7% of the vote (whereas I expected to lose the state). My strongest result was Wyoming, where I received 81.8%. Also surprising was Rhode Island, which I'd written off as being out of reach.

The nation was remarkably unpolarised - most states I won were in the 52% - 55% range, with only a small handful in the 55% - 58% range. A fairly consistent result across the nation.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 07:57:50 AM »

It got way too confusing since they were the exact opposite. I will admit, I'm so used to seeing Blue as Republican that the map looks kinda weird.

It's got so annoying for me seeing Republican as red and Democrat as blue, I used Campaigns Forever to edit the colour around the right way.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »

I've heard that on President Forever 2012, there's going to be an option to make the winner of elections the winner of the popular vote, which would help to make gubernatorial/senatorial/congressional/ elections a lot more realistic.

Excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT! I look forward to seeing this!
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:04:42 PM »

Here's my map for my 1796 scenario.

I ran as Jefferson with George Clinton as my VP, but John Jay was the Federalist nominee and won somehow. My Scenario hates Jefferson for some reason

Virginia and West Virginia are separate states?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 09:51:05 PM »

Obama vs Santorum. I could see the results of this ending badly..

Wow! Four votes the difference, in a state that would change the winner! That's a recipe for disaster!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies