President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:30:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 879715 times)
CultureKing
United States

« on: February 23, 2007, 01:22:22 AM »

so as Gore I won the popular vote in 2008 by about 1.5% but came short of 270 in the electoral college by 4 votes. Closest state: Michigan, going to my opponent Giuliani by a total of 127 votes (I was a little dissapointed at that result but I guess it just might be destiny for Gore)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 02:23:51 AM »

Played as Edwards. After facing a hard three-way primary of Edwards vs. Clinton vs. Biden I came out with the most delegates but about 100 or so short of securing the nomination so I managed to get Biden to endorse me and proceeded along to the general election. It was Edwards vs. Giuliani vs. Badnarik vs. Peroutka and until about the last three weeks it was tied, then I managed to pull away:

Popular Vote:
Edwards: 50.6 %
Guiliani: 40.5 %
Badnarik: 5.2%
Peroutka: 3.8%

I was suprised at how well the third parties did, together they polled nearly 10% (though Edwards was still able to get a 10% winning margin along with a majority of the vote)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 02:26:33 AM »

Played as Edwards. After facing a hard three-way primary of Edwards vs. Clinton vs. Biden I came out with the most delegates but about 100 or so short of securing the nomination so I managed to get Biden to endorse me and proceeded along to the general election. It was Edwards vs. Giuliani vs. Badnarik vs. Peroutka and until about the last three weeks it was tied, then I managed to pull away:

Popular Vote:
Edwards: 50.6 %
Guiliani: 40.5 %
Badnarik: 5.2%
Peroutka: 3.8%

I was suprised at how well the third parties did, together they polled nearly 10% (though Edwards was still able to get a 10% winning margin along with a majority of the vote)

Oh, the suprises of the night:
Utah was only won by .3% of the vote
Hawaii went Republican in a Dem landslide (dittto for Iowa, Missouri, West Virginia and New Hampshire)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 03:44:15 AM »

So... Started out running as Gore, won the ALL of the first primaries (normally then all of the others would go in the same way), by the time that the convention came Gore was short about 60 delegates of securing the nomination, Clinton had about 200 less than Gore and Biden had the rest, somehow ALL of Biden's delegates but about 1 or 2 went to Clinton and she won. I then continued the election with Clinton and almost the whole time was in the lead, especially towards the end. The Republican nominee was Gingrich (who too had fewer delegates than another nominee going into the convention).

Electoral vote:
Clinton: 417
Gingrich: 121

Popular Vote:
Clinton: 64,211,929
Gingrich: 47,244,698
Badnarik: 3,279,313
Pertouka: 3,731,078

Closest state: Texas with a Clinton win of 1.6%

The odd thing with the end election results was that the Pacific states were all above 60% for Clinton...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 12:35:07 AM »

Played as Gore in primaries, lost to Clinton by 8 delegates (Only reason being that the week before the convention Biden endorsed Clinton). So then played as Clinton and was basically tied until an ad blitz on the last week.

Guiliani: 41%
Clinton: 51%
Badnarik:4%
Pertouka: 4%

Basically it was a Clinton landslide, which suprised me.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 09:14:25 PM »

Popular vote was:
Richardson: 49.6%
Romney: 41.6%
Third parties (liberatarian and Constitution): 8.2%

This was a normal campaign until the last three days, then all hell broke loose... The fact that the south was so close (almost every state in the south was won by less than 2%, most going to Romney) suprised me. Many of the other states were odd too, like Utah only 40% for Romney? (though he still won by about 25% because the 3rd parties did really well there). Also Romney winning Vermont was odd, but oh well, maybe a mormon running would just skew the results a bunch.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 09:15:25 PM »

Popular vote was:
Richardson: 49.6%
Romney: 41.6%
Third parties (liberatarian and Constitution): 8.2%

This was a normal campaign until the last three days, then all hell broke loose... The fact that the south was so close (almost every state in the south was won by less than 2%, most going to Romney) suprised me. Many of the other states were odd too, like Utah only 40% for Romney? (though he still won by about 25% because the 3rd parties did really well there). Also Romney winning Vermont was odd, but oh well, maybe a mormon running would just skew the results a bunch.

Oh yes and electoral vote:
Richardson: 335
Romney: 206
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »

Gore vs Romney: Republicans were so angry after the primary that they endorsed Gore... so there was a bit of a landslide, only state that truly doesnt make sense is Rhode Island, but oh well.
Pop vote:
Gore: 58%
Romney: 37%
Liberatarian: 5%
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2007, 11:39:44 PM »

Gore vs Romney:
Popular vote:
Gore/Edwards: 56%
Romney/?: 36%
Right wing 3rd Parties (constitution and liberatarian): 10%

Electoral college: sorry I forgot, it was something like:
Gore: 380
Romney 100 and something...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 02:29:36 AM »

After surprising myself by making it through a crowded primary field (mega Tuesday is a real pain...), I proceeded to totally dominate John Edwards.

Ron Paul/Walter Williams - 59.1% (405 ev's)
John Edwards/Mike Gravel - 40.9% (133 ev's)

Edwards' best state was Delaware, with 53.6%, he only managed 57% in DC. He won AZ by 211 votes.

Paul's best state was Utah, with 80.7%.

You won with Paul? Impressive
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »

I was Edwards, in the primaries I was worried because I only led in maybe 6 states going into Iowa, thankfully Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina were three of the six. Somehow winning those three gave me enough momentum to blow the other candidates out of the water and capture the nomination. From there I went on to slowly wittle away at Romney, starting with us being pretty even to a landslide for Edwards.
Obviously Utah was Romney's best State, and Edwards was Vermont (I think, though he also did well in the Carolina)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 02:23:25 AM »

I was Richardson vs Romney, infighting had much to do with the landslide that followed.

EC:
Richardson: 495
Romney: 43

Pop vote:
Richardson: 58%
Romney: 37%
Liberatarian: 5%

Yes that's right Romeny lost by over 20% of the popular vote...

CultureKing
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 03:15:42 PM »

Henry 'Scoop' Jackson/James E. Carter (D): 270 EV, 48.9% (48,774,164)
Ronald W. Reagan/Richard Schweitker (R): 268 EV, 49.4% (49,346,657)
Eugene McCarthy/Numerous Running Mates (I): 0 EV, 1.7% (1,715,562)

This was a very weird election. I ran as Henry 'Scoop' Jackson against Ronald Reagan for the Presidency of the United States. I decided not to run a single commercial until the final two weeks of the campaign. It managed to work, with me narrowly becoming 39th President of the United States. Thanks to a narrow victory in Lousiania.

very odd result...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2007, 06:48:44 AM »

Whoa Gabu, would you mind telling me how's your strategy? Do you use the same thing when you're running as an indy or 3rd party candidate? Thanks!

Well, the main force of my strategy is always a two-part ad burst, preferably to the entire nation, but certainly to as many states at the same time as you can.  I throw out one about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the campaign to halt any advancements my opponent(s) might be making - if you let them go for too long, they'll have wrapped up too much of the nation for you to be able to win them back at the end.  I then throw out the second one as close to the end as I can such that I'll just run out of money right on election day.  This is for two reasons.  For one, positive momentum going into the election is huge; running out of money right on the last day after a massive ad blitz ensures that you have the maximum momentum on election day.  For two, the "X's campaign out of funds" negative newspaper headline does not appear until the day after you run out of money - if you run out of money on election day, it will never appear.

As a third-party candidate, my strategy has always been to win all of the endorsements right away, focusing on those with an attached monetary benefit first (as you can do this with no expenditure whatsoever) and then I simply spend the entire campaign fund raising.  This ensures that I will be able to run the ads when I go to do so for as long and to as many states as possible.

One thing to recognize about President Forever is that momentum is huge.  The more momentum you have, the more you can get later.  If one of your opponents is beginning to gain the edge, a one-day ad blitz to the entire nation can easily get you momentum well into the three digits, which will completely and utterly obliterate the advantage your opponent was having.  The ad campaign is not sustainable; once the ad stops and the momentum wears off, things will go right back to where they were before.  The trick is to time it just right so that the nation is right where you want it on election day.

Oh yes, and always be researching a scandal on your strongest opponent.  The best thing a third-party candidate can possibly have is for both major party candidates to have negative momentum.

I just ran as Nader in 2000 with the above strategy and this was the result:

Basically I did all the endorsements and made four ads: Leadership/Nader, Experience/Nader, Leadership/Attacking Bush, and Integrity/Attacking Gore.  I then put all these ads into the states with 3-5 EVs and calculated how long I could run them for (it came out to 5 days).  So I then ran all four ads once a week for five weeks (I realized that since it takes a while for your momentum to die down, it's actually better to spread out your ad blitzes instead of running them for consecutive days).  Then I blasted the whole nation with all four ads on the last day.
I also tried with Nader using about the same strategy except I didn't only target small states with my ads. I made them national ads every time I put them up.
Here are the results:

Nader managed to win Alaska and Nebraska, also he came pretty close to winning in Georgia, New Mexico and Conneticut. Oh and California was really weird....
National vote:
Bush: 38%
Gore: 36%
Nader: 15%
Others: 11% (Buchanan was able to get 6%!)
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »

I ran as Bloomberg in 2008, though I had to put him in the Liberatarian Party (I changed all their positions though so it basically became the Bloomberg cult party). I gave him around 100 million or so, clearly he would be able to spend at least that much in a presdiential race.

here are the results:

Popular vote:
Bloomberg: 34%
Clinton: 31.5%
Romney: 29.5%
Pertouka: 5%

So Bloomberg came 7 EV's short of the presidency, the democratic congress elected Clinton to office. Closest state: Florida which would have been even worse than 2000 because the three major candidates were all within 6,000 votes of each other (Romney then Bloomberg about 2000 less and Clinton 4000 less than Bloomberg). Yeah it would have been a blood bath in the days after the election.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 02:27:41 AM »

Just for fun, I decided to see how ridiculous a victory I could get as Reagan.

1984 - Mondale vs. Reagan (me)

Reagan: 538 EVs - 78% PV
Mondale: 0 EVs - 21% PV

And then the Democratic Party disbanded. Tongue

I just missed getting 90% in Utah; I won there 89.5-10.4.

what is your strategy to get these crazy wins???
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 01:49:35 AM »

Obama: 475 (56% of popular vote)
McCain: 63 (42% of popular vote

McCain didn't fare well after Obama hit him hard on his Iraq policy...
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 03:33:14 AM »

Obama: 475 (56% of popular vote)
McCain: 63 (42% of popular vote

McCain didn't fare well after Obama hit him hard on his Iraq policy...

KY, NC,  NM, and MT?

Who were you?

I was Obama, and yes some of the results were a little odd, but President Forever seems to always have some states out of whack (like California being a toos-up so often during the campaign before it goes to the democrats by 30%.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies