President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:24:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 883411 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: May 28, 2015, 05:43:16 PM »

Simmed as Bloomberg on President Infinity (got it yesterday) because my game w/ Rubio vs Clinton froze, so I wanted to see if a whole game could be played w/o freezing, luckily it did...so 270soft won't have to deal w/ my short fuse Wink

But, did not expect Bush, who was GOP nominee in this race, to clobber Hillary.

Bush: 306 EVs
Clinton: 232 EVs

I won 2.2%, roughly 3.3 Million votes without doing anything. The Map itself is bizarre.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 08:29:05 PM »

Actually, i did do one thing. i ran two attack ads on Bush and Hillary, and the Bush one backfired, but the Hillary one did some decent damage. But, she already was losing before that (except in Ohio, where her lead went from 13% to like 5%, and then bounced back to 11% on election night).
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:37:11 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2015, 02:45:56 AM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

2016 ELECTION:
President-Elect, Marco Rubio, R-Florida; Vice President-Elect Rob Portman, R-Ohio: 311 EVs; 49.9%; 75,018,347
U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, D-Massachusetts; U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders, D-Vermont: 227 EVs; 46.2%; 69,548,739
Former Mayor Michael Bloomberg, I-NY; Former SecDef Chuck Hagel, I-NE; 0 EVs; 2.5%; 3,759,551
Former Governor Gary Johnson, D-New Mexico; Former Judge James Gray, D-California: 0 EVs; 1,482,211
Physician Jill Stein, G-Massachusetts; Activist Cheri Honkala, G-Pennsylvania; 0 EVs; 618,972

What a fun campaign! I was Rubio-Portman. It was very bizarre, and interesting. It was neck and neck until early October when I started opening up huge leads in many states. However, after I won the second debate, scandals started popping up on Rubio.

Warren made the national polls go from 48-41% to 47-44%. I started bombarding her in the airwaves, and it went back to a decent 48-42%. Scandals started to erupt on Warren (Bloomberg, and I continued the attacks via airwaves on her as well).

Then, mid-October, the endorsements started piling in:

New York Times, Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Al Gore, Bill Nelson, Joe Manchin, Barbara Boxer, and Jerry Brown (Independent Angus King, and Jesse Ventura as well) ALL endorsed me (along w/ all the typical GOP endorsements). Warren started slipping in deep blue states, like CA and NY. I started focusing completely on CA, and let Warren regain footing.

She started picking up Democrat endorsements, and started to peel off smaller states from me. By election day, I kept a consistent lead, but stopped campaigning w/ 2 days to go. She also got some Republican officials endorsements.

I won very early on, but most states were very, very close. Like 49-46, 48-47 for many of them. and states like OH, NC, FL, where I led by 8-11% points wound up becoming 50-46 and 51-46 wins.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 12:00:03 AM »

Reagan-Hatfield, Repub: 410 EVs (Me)
McGovern-T. Kennedy, Dem: 161 EVs
Wallace-LeMay, AIP: 27 EVs

Another wild election. I had this one wrapped up early, but Wallace was mounting a big national  comeback and it was flipping states like AR, GA, and WV in contention w/ him. It also helped McGovern beat me out in ND, SD, and IL (he had like 5% in each state, which was enough to sink me there).

I ran a nationwide ad against Wallace, and it carried me into victory. My game also kept glitching, so it took a while too finish this lmao.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 01:47:02 AM »

Ugh, I cannot win with Nikki Haley! WHY?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »

Simmed as Bloomberg on President Infinity (got it yesterday) because my game w/ Rubio vs Clinton froze, so I wanted to see if a whole game could be played w/o freezing, luckily it did...so 270soft won't have to deal w/ my short fuse Wink

But, did not expect Bush, who was GOP nominee in this race, to clobber Hillary.

Bush: 306 EVs
Clinton: 232 EVs

I won 2.2%, roughly 3.3 Million votes without doing anything. The Map itself is bizarre.

Based on the Republican win in Rhode Island, I'm guessing that Lincoln Chafee was Clinton's running mate?

Ayotte.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »

Lol, sorry i thought you meant GOP Ticket. I believe Warner or Kaine was DEM VP.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 10:29:13 PM »

Susana Martinez-John Thune vs Bernie Sanders-Brian Schweitzer

R: 307 EVs; 50.7%
D: 231 EVs; 49.3%
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 12:02:20 AM »

2016 GOP Primary

Carly Fiorina = Green
Marco Rubio = Blue
John Kasich  = Dark Maroon/Red
Mike Huckanee = Light Blue
Rand Paul = Dark Green
Bobby Jindal = Light Red

I played as Rubio, lost to Fiorina. Kasich's presence in the race killed off my campaign's surges. After winning NH, I was riding a wave of momentum, but then Kasich started carpetbagging me in the airwaves in SC, and other southern states. Forced me to abandon my leads in western states like UT, AZ, and CO to try and salvage leads in the South.

Fiorina then built up a unstoppable wall in the west. I was able to eventually crush Kasich by winning some northeastern states, but the damage had been done already and i started to fade. Huckabee also caused me problems but I beat him out in TX, NC, LA, and MS. I only lost AL (to Fiorina by like .5%) because he stole like 15% from me.

I am now playing as Fiorina in the general, w/ Rubio as VP.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 01:42:26 PM »

2016 GOP Primary:

Blue = Marco Rubio
Green = Donald Trump
Dark Red = John Kasich
Light Green = Bobby Jindal
Light Red = Mike Huckabee

Played as Rubio again and beat out Trump for the nomination. Kasich, once again, went ham on me and tried to destroy my campaign. At first it was working, I was dropping like a rock in the early states and Kasich was within 10% of me in Florida.

However, Kasich got crushed by negative ad's coming from the Trump campaign. I started focusing on later primary states to try and stay a float (I had already been blown out in IA, NH, SC, and NV...I didn't get 2% in NV btw haha).

I started pulling small to medium upsets in states like AL, LA and ME. This allowed for me to build up momentum in other states. I also started sitting on like $45million dollars, which I later used to crush Trump in ad's. Jindal, Kasich, Huckabee and others would drop out soon after and all of them endorsed me.

Paul was irrelevant at this point, but was still staying in. I then pulled off a massive win in NY and Trump started to collapse. I locked up the nomination by winning NE, and WV.

Also, Biden upset Hillary in the DEM Primaries. So Rubio v. Biden in the general. 
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 05:26:42 PM »

2016 GOP Primary:

Red = Nikki Haley
Green = Bobby Jindal
Blue = Chris Christie
Light Blue = Rick Perry
Light Red = Rick Santorum

Played as Nikki Haley and won the nomination after a somewhat contentious duel with Jindal. I came 13 delegates short of clinching the nomination in early April, but Jindal went on a hot streak for a bit and I was able to clinch it in early June lol.

Santorum refuses to endorse me lol
Jindal wanted to be my VP and I was like nah so he stayed in a week or two after I clinched the nomination delegates wise. Santorum finally dropped out after I won at the convention lol.

I am facing Sanders now w/ $203 Million COH.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 12:33:48 AM »

2016 GOP Primary:

Red = Nikki Haley
Green = Bobby Jindal
Blue = Chris Christie
Light Blue = Rick Perry
Light Red = Rick Santorum

Played as Nikki Haley and won the nomination after a somewhat contentious duel with Jindal. I came 13 delegates short of clinching the nomination in early April, but Jindal went on a hot streak for a bit and I was able to clinch it in early June lol.

Santorum refuses to endorse me lol
Jindal wanted to be my VP and I was like nah so he stayed in a week or two after I clinched the nomination delegates wise. Santorum finally dropped out after I won at the convention lol.

I am facing Sanders now w/ $203 Million COH.
LOL, nice! Good luck. You inspired me to play a Rubio game and I just won IA, NH, and NV. Cheesy
Niceee Cheesy and thanks. I won the general as Nikki. I'll post the results tomorrow. I still have to play the general elections w/ Marco and Carly, too.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 10:04:06 PM »

Blue (regular) = Rubio (me)
Green = Fiorina
Red (Dark) = Trump
Red (Regular) = Cruz
Blue (Light) = Huckabee

currently get killed in the general.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 10:07:05 PM »

Yup murdered on election night.

Florida: 69% to 30% Hillary lol
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »

Was playing as Clinton - Went on hard mode. Ugh.

How do you get elections so far back? It seems like I can only play 2016, 2012, 2008, 1968, and 1912.
http://campaigns.270soft.com/
User Made Campaigns - There is everything from 1788 - 1956, A Couple What-If's for 2008, 2012, and 2016. And a 2020 and 2024 scenarios.

Ok, im im trying to download it. how do i actually get it on my game file? its just downloading as a separate file?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 04:43:27 PM »

thank you!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »

there's this canadian parties mixed in w/ U.S. scenario thats pretty cool. won easily w/ Harper.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 03:03:40 AM »

What a bizarre result...I lost the PV by like 8%! Not complaining, though! #Vandenberg1940
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2016, 05:28:53 PM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

There's this custom 2020 election scenario someone made and I ran on third third party they made called "Modern Change Party." I ran with Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos with Dallas Mavericks Owner, and Shark Tank Co-Host Mark Cuban.

Jon Stewart was the Democrat nominee; Michael Steele was GOP Nominee. I won 10.9% of the vote

Here were my ten best states, by percentage, with vote totals for those states listed:
- Texas: 18% (2.4 Million votes)
- Pennsylvania: 17% (1.2 Million votes)
- California: 16% (3.2 Million votes) (1.4% shy of overtaking the GOP as #2)
- New Mexico: 16% (176K votes)
- North Carolina: 15% (835K votes)
- Arizona: 14% (496K votes)
- Virginia: 13% (602K votes)
- Arkansas: 12% (191K votes)
- Indiana: 11% (427K votes)
- Florida: 11% (1.2 Million votes)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2016, 08:45:58 PM »

how do people win a few states as third parties (not counting 1948 or 1968)? I always finish >20% in a few states but never enough to win a state Sad
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2016, 03:50:18 AM »

how do people win a few states as third parties (not counting 1948 or 1968)? I always finish >20% in a few states but never enough to win a state Sad
They did it to simulate a "Perot" effect, I usually just ad swamp the 11 most populace states to get exactly 270 electoral votes, it's really fun. I usually win just shy of 25% of the PV without having to do a nationwide campaign. It's CA, TX, FL, NY, IL, PA, OH, MI, GA, NC, and NJ by the way.

thanks ill try that Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2016, 03:32:30 PM »

I did horrible w/ Perot with ad-swamping hahah. i suck at third party runs. gonna try it again.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2016, 09:33:13 PM »

when you all are ad-swamping how many ad's per turn are we talking? i've been doing like 4-5 per turn for my targeted states and then i'd do stump speeches and rallies each turn in those states and am still losing badly in those states.

got 25% in maine on my last go
24% in montana
19% in kansas
16% in arizona
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »

when you all are ad-swamping how many ad's per turn are we talking? i've been doing like 4-5 per turn for my targeted states and then i'd do stump speeches and rallies each turn in those states and am still losing badly in those states.

got 25% in maine on my last go
24% in montana
19% in kansas
16% in arizona
What ads are you using? Television? I usually ramp up mass newspaper ad production on a researched insight issue and then usually get about 80-100 ad power in the targeted state(s). I use Television rarely due to their incredulous expense and little power addition. Hope this helps!

Ah, that would explain it! Thanks Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:30 PM »

Had an epic dog fight with Ben Carson for the GOP Nomination. I played as Jeb Bush.

Green = Bush
Blue = Carson

I started off with a slew of strong wins in IA, NH, SC, NV but then after the first super tuesday Carson started polling virtually even with me.

I won a bunch of states by <1% and I lost a bunch of states by  <1%. I clinched the nomination in june by barely holding on to my lead in Cali, winning 52-48% and pulling an upset in Montana, like 50.4-49.6%.

Biggest win for me was, unsurprisingly, Florida: 69-31%.

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies