President Forever results thread...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:12:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 130
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 879389 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2650 on: October 20, 2013, 10:32:43 PM »

Does anybody know how to create a Texas scenario for the 2016 version?

You mean 2014?

Yes, but I have President Forever 2016 Tongue

You don't have to create a brand new scenario.  You can find the Texas scenario here.

No, you don't understand. I can only play using the 2016 scenarios, not 2008. The programs using President Forever 2008 cannot be used on President Forever 2016.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2651 on: October 20, 2013, 11:10:36 PM »

Does anybody know how to create a Texas scenario for the 2016 version?

You mean 2014?

Yes, but I have President Forever 2016 Tongue

You don't have to create a brand new scenario.  You can find the Texas scenario here.

No, you don't understand. I can only play using the 2016 scenarios, not 2008. The programs using President Forever 2008 cannot be used on President Forever 2016.

Oh, I see what you mean.  Unfortunately, I don't know if or how you can play these scenarios on your version.  Have you tried contacting 270soft about this?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #2652 on: October 20, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »

Where are people finding scenarios with Bloomberg as an independent? Or did everyone just create him themselves?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2653 on: October 25, 2013, 08:20:59 PM »

Evangelist Pat Robertson (R-VA)/Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC) - 323 (49.9%)
Governor Michael Dukakis (D-MA)/Senator Al Gore (D-TN) - 215 (41.2%)
Fmr. Congressman Ron Paul (L-TX)/??? - 0 (5%)
Activist Lenora Fulani (New Alliance-NY)/??? - 0 (3.9%)
GAworth
United States

« Reply #2654 on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:17 PM »

I've downloaded the scenarios for New York City, how do I get them to run? Do I add them to a game?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2655 on: November 03, 2013, 05:14:42 PM »

1948: Democrat General Dwight Eisenhower curb-stomps Senator Robert Taft

Former Chief of the Army Dwight Eisnehower (D-TX)/Senator Burton Wheeler (D-MT) - 54.0%, 465 EV's
Governor Strom Thurmond (S-SC)/Governor Fielding Wright (S-MS) - 8%, 38 EV's
Senator Robert Taft (R-OH)/Governor Thomas Dewey (R-NY) - 35.5%, 28 EV's
Others - 2.4%

After a successful primary of unpopular President Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower faced Senator Robert Taft, a strong conservative, for the Presidency. On domestic issues, the two candidates didn't face too many differences. However, on foreign policy, the disagreement was fierce. Luckily for Dwight Eisenhower, his point of view won out, and he won on a large scale landslide.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2656 on: November 04, 2013, 12:51:09 PM »

I've downloaded the scenarios for New York City, how do I get them to run? Do I add them to a game?

It should already be in your scenarios folder.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2657 on: November 05, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »

This was a weird one.

2016. Computer on hard. Playing as Independent Donald Trump for the lolz.

The Democratic primary was pretty funny to watch. It was a hilariously closely divided race between Hillary, Biden, O'Malley, and Cuomo the whole way. After the last primary Cuomo and Biden dropped out and endorsed O'Malley.

Businessman Donald Trump (I-NY)/ Former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)-  25.5%; 241 EV
Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)/ Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)- 27.8%; 162 EV
Gov. Martin O'Malley (D-MD)/ Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA)- 26.5%; 135 EV
Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I-NY)/ Sec. Def. Chuck Hagel (R-NE)- 10.6%; 0 EV
Former Gov. Gary Johnson (L-NM)/ Former Gov. Jesse Ventura (L-MN)- 5.2%; 0EV
Dr. Jill Stein (G-MA) / Ms. Cheri Honkala (G-PA)- 4.5%; 0 EV

The race was thrown to the Republican House which elected Chris Christie. It's sort of a shame the game doesn't say who the Democratic Senate picked as VP since they would only have a choice between Sarah Palin and Mike Lee.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #2658 on: November 06, 2013, 06:23:03 AM »

This was a weird one.

The Democratic primary was pretty funny to watch. It was a hilariously closely divided race between Hillary, Biden, O'Malley, and Cuomo the whole way. After the last primary Cuomo and Biden dropped out and endorsed O'Malley.

The race was thrown to the Republican House which elected Chris Christie. It's sort of a shame the game doesn't say who the Democratic Senate picked as VP since they would only have a choice between Sarah Palin and Mike Lee.

Well they could pick Ventura or Hagel. Interesting to see who would vote for who in the Senate.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2659 on: November 06, 2013, 07:48:16 PM »

Democratic primary 2008

Clinton
Obama
Edwards
Biden
Richardson
Kucinich
Dodd
Polnut - PA Gov

Obama drew first blood with a close win in Iowa, triggering Kucinich and Dodd to drop out. I won New Hampshire by 5% then proceeded to win Nevada and South Carolina - Clinton won Michigan and I won the equally useless Florida primary.

Super Tuesday was odd... Obama and I split the primaries and caucuses - I won Maine, Washington, Louisiana, Virginia, Maryland and DC... then Wisconsin and Hawaii... so you'd think I would have this locked up... then Edwards dropped out after Wisconsin, endorsing Obama. I worked to get Biden and Richardson's endorsement... but to no avail, they endorsed Obama. This all meant the tenuous holds I had across the rust belt and the remaining South was gone. I won Rhode Island and Vermont, Ohio was a sizeable Obama win and Texas was also a large loss for me.

It all came down to Clinton whose estimated 950 delegates would make all the difference... Obama won Mississippi and Wyoming... I was holding my own in Oregon, Pennsylvania - Kentucky, West Virginia and North Carolina were tied and Indiana was out of reach... unless Clinton withdrew and endorsed me.

The delegate estimates before the Pennsylvania primary were
Polnut - 1795
Obama - 1205
Clinton - 951

The week before the PA primary, I begged Clinton for endorsement - she rejected it, but offered withdrawal instead... I accepted hoping enough of her support would shift to me, but I was worried about the clear Obama momentum... I was right to be worried.

I won the PA primary 63-37% but the delegate count was now alarmingly close...
Polnut - 1994
Obama - 1957

The calendar for me looked grim... I was behind or tied in all the remaining states, except Montana and Oregon. The Clinton support surged Obama in WV, NC and put IN to bed.

IN
Obama: 66%
Polnut: 34%

NC (this state was tied before the Clinton support)
Obama: 57%
Polnut: 43%

WV (I had a small lead here before CS)
Obama: 55%
Polnut: 45%

... I was bleeding delegates... and in reality, it came down to Orgeon and Kentucky - I spent massively on ads, and sent my surrogates out in force... but

Delegate estimates
Polnut: 1976*
Obama: 1975

But Obamomentum was too much to control...

My lead in OR evaporated ...

KY (my campaigning has shifted this back in my direction... but)
Obama: 53%
Polnut: 47% ... not enough

OR (again a small Obama lead turned into a tie before... but)
Obama: 51%
Polnut: 49%

I ran hard over Montana and South Dakota... winning MN and him SD... but the damage was done...

Final delegate count
Obama: 1982
Polnut: 1969

.... our relationship was considered 'bad' I offered endorsement, which he kept refusing - so I stayed on the trail... but he finally accepted my endorsement on July 6.

It should be noted, that in raw votes - I kicked Obama's backside... 55-45%
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2660 on: November 08, 2013, 08:39:03 AM »

This was a weird one.

Well they could pick Ventura or Hagel. Interesting to see who would vote for who in the Senate.

In the event there is no electoral college majority, the 12th amendment allows the House to pick from among the top 3 electoral vote earners, but the Senate can only pick from among the top 2 candidates for VP.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2661 on: November 08, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »

Governor Earl Warren (R-CA)/Fmr. Governor Harold Stassen (R-MN) - 380 EVs (50.1%)
President Harry Truman (D-MO)/Senator Alben Barkley (D-KY) - 113 EVs (39.6%)
Governor Strom Thurmond (DX-SC)/Senator Burton Wheeler (DX-MT) - 38 EVs (8%)
Fmr. Vice President Henry Wallace (P-IA)/Thomas O'Brien (P) - 0 EVs (2.3%)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2662 on: November 14, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »

Question for whoever has the 2012 version:
Do you find it hard to ever keep the General Election close, especially when you sim to the convention? Even on Hard, I find it incredibly difficult to lose. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2663 on: November 15, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) - 464 EVs (60%)
Senator John McCain (R-AZ)/Vice President Dick Cheney (R-WY) - 74 EVs (36.7)
Mary Ruwart (Libertarian) - 0 EVs (.3%)
Chuck Baldwin (Constitution) - 0 EVs (3%)

Question for whoever has the 2012 version:
Do you find it hard to ever keep the General Election close, especially when you sim to the convention? Even on Hard, I find it incredibly difficult to lose. Tongue

I played Christie last night on that scenario and led Obama by a huge margin at the beginning of the game, but I was headed for a landslide defeat by the time the general election started.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2664 on: November 15, 2013, 02:53:48 PM »

Clinton/Gore- 34,119,898  291 EV  41.1%
Powell/Kemp- 34,343,113  247 EV  41.4%
Perot/Choate- 13,545,762  16.3%
Nader/LaDuke- 924,699 1.1%

I was the major unlikeable spoiler as Perot.  Drew 10% of the undecideds on Election Day after only having 6% through the election. Almost won Maine, Montana, and Wyoming after campaigning there hard.  Drew over 20% in Ohio and Florida, and got no less than 10% everywhere else.

Powell won the popular vote by over 200,000 but lost the EV by 40 some votes.
Representative Joe Mad
Joe Mad
Rookie

« Reply #2665 on: November 15, 2013, 10:28:02 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2013, 10:30:54 PM by Joe Mad »

This was my first real game (had only toyed around with the demo and a primary before this) so I played on easy.  Playing version 2008 (seemed suggested by quite a few) I settled on the 1992 Campaign.  Deciding to change history a bit, I ran as Tsongas, and built momentum throughout the primaries.  I picked up an endorsement from the environmental group that is present in this campaign, and after winning New Hampshire began to take a legitimate lead in the primaries.  Some states I won simply by dumb luck, and what ultimately saved me was how fortunate I was in getting scandals on Clinton.  Most of the candidates that dropped out supported me, and I even ultimately garnered the support of Carter.  Even with this it ended up being far too close for comfort.  We carried the battle all the way to the convention, and I only had something like a one hundred delegate lead at that point.

After being chosen, I decided to be a good Missouri boy and picked Gephardt as my VP.  Being new, one issue I noticed is how chronically short on funds I was throughout the majority of the game.  I was running ads pretty consistently, and didn't go fundraising  as often as I probably should have, but it did seem ridiculous at times.  Any particular ways to change this?

The general election was volatile throughout, though I held a slim lead the majority of the time.  I ended up having a short truce with Perot to focus on Bush, but I'm unsure how much that helped.  I focused mainly on barnstorming and using foot soldiers, though I also made sure to get my issue knowledge and debate skills up.  Running ads when I could, I ended up running out of money at one point in a rather embarrassing debacle.  Scandals and spinning stories helped keep me afloat just as much as the direct actions of my candidates, if not more.

The first debates were tied, with Tsongas winning the last (which I spun as much as I could, of course).  IN the closing days of the campaign I ended up getting hit with a scandal and saw Bush gain momentum, putting New York and Ohio (just naming the most important ones) at risk.  I panicked, and probably would have lost had I not had a scandal and a bit of saved cash waiting in the wings.  I popped it, spun the story as much as I could, and barnstormed New York (my VP was sent to Florida, which I was I was incredibly close in).

Election night was pretty nerve wracking at first, with Bush looking do quite well for himself.  I didn't really feel too comfortable until I saw New York stay blue for more than a few seconds.  Whenever Ohio was called, I was pretty confident I had it in the bag.  Florida was a bit of a disappointment, and I only lost it by .8% points.  I actually liked the way the map ended up, with South Carolina being the only egregious offender.  While I gave it a lot of attention during the primaries, I don't think I returned once after that.  The fact that it went for me was kind of funny.  Maine also irritated me a bit but that was mostly because I wanted the northeast locked down.  Perot looked like he was going to get a bit more at one point, but alas it was not meant to be.  He came pretty close in a lot of Bush states.

ONe last thing that comes to mind is the fact that none of us broke 40% of the PV.  I had 38.9, Bush had a few increments over 37, and I think Perot had 23%.

Tsongas/Gephardt (D) EV 324    
Bush/Wilson (R) EV 207
Perot/Choate EV 7

Sorry for the terribly long post, but I do have to say I ended up having a ton of fun with the game.  It satisfies the political junkie within in a way I didn't think it would!
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2666 on: November 16, 2013, 03:00:48 AM »

1988:

Kennedy/Gephart- 59,010,72  287 EV's  49.3%

Bush/Kemp- 55,907,978  251 EV's  46.7%
Paul/Means- 2,730,813  2.3%
Fullani- 2,116,127  1.8%

Ran as Kennedy, started in General Election. Trailed all the way but gained momentum through the election as I won both Presidential Debates, while Kemp won the VP for Bush. Focused on the big states, but I also campaigned in NC and the midwest, trying to pull of an upset.

And I'll be I sure did, what a shock because I did not campaign in any midwest state besides the Dakotas and Montana.  It sure got ugly between me and Bush.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2667 on: November 16, 2013, 11:28:22 PM »
« Edited: November 17, 2013, 06:04:32 PM by Speaker Scott »

Former Governor Haley Barbour (R-MS)/Governor Brian Sandoval (R-NV) - 337 EVs (58.3%)
President Barack Obama (D-IL)/Vice President Joe Biden (D-DE) - 201 EVs (41.7%)

Somehow I managed to pull this off after losing the endorsements of the NRA, RNC, and several Republican governors to Obama.  A level-9 scandal in the last few days of the campaign gave me New York and Wisconsin.
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2668 on: November 17, 2013, 02:03:42 AM »

Nixon/Rockefeller- 32,508,330   439 EV's  54.3%

Kennedy/Humphrey- 26,689,575  89 EV's,  44.6%

Byrd/Thurmond- 666,518 8 EV's 1.8%

Played as Nixon here, got Nelson Rockefeller as VP instead of Lodge, Kennedy had HHH. Had a money edge on Kennedy but he tried to out-raise me. Me and Kennedy hated each other through the campaign but I rarely ran an attack, I took the high road and benefited. Dominated the Heartland and Northeast, did surprisingly well in Ohio and the South.  Didn't campaign hardly in the Southeast besides a little in Florida and Virginia.

Byrd took most of Kennedy's support instead of mine. Biggest win I have had in quite a while on here.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #2669 on: November 22, 2013, 10:15:40 PM »

2000 Scenario. Playing as John McCain. Default settings on hard.

Primary:

John McCain - Blue - 1,423 Delegates
George W. Bush - Red- 564 Delegates
Other Candidates- 13 Delegates

General

Note: In true John McCain style, I accepted federal funds.
Senator John S. McCain(R-AZ) / Governor George Pataki (R-NY) - 390 EV, 51.1% PV
Vice President Al Gore (D-TN) / Senator Joe Lieberman (D-CT) -  148 EV, 46.6% PV
Advocate Ralph Nader (G-  ) /  Winona LaDuke  (G -  ) - 0 EV, 2.3% PV

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2670 on: November 26, 2013, 01:46:21 AM »

Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-MN)/ Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)- 50.3%; 423 EV
Pres. Barack Obama (D-IL)/ VP Joe Biden (D-DE)- 41.9%; 115 EV
Former Gov. Gary Johnson (L-NM)/ Judge James Gray (L-CA)- 5.6%; 0EV
Dr. Jill Stein (G-MA) / Ms. Cheri Honkala (G-PA)- 1.3%; 0 EV
Former Rep. Virgil Goode (C-VA)/ Mr. Jim Clymer (C-PA)-  0.9%; 0 EV

Well... Focused on increasing debate atributes and raising money instead of competing in the early states, then launching a massive national assault after winning Minnesota. Got Romney and Gingrich to endorse me in May and I asked Santorum to be the VP (why not?). Then I kept raising money and attacked Obama with tons of newspaper and radio ads, quickly securing conservative states. Then I launched attacks on the swing and more liberal states, won all three debates and lost the VP one, and somehow Obama collapsed more and more to the point where I send Santorum to California and I won it by a mere 0.5%. Gary Johnson acted as a massive spoiler, since without him I might have won New Mexico, Oregon and Maine.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2671 on: December 04, 2013, 01:12:04 AM »

I played 2004. I went as Colin Powell going against Dubya in the primaries. After winning Iowa and New Hampshire, I was eventually able to overcome his juggernaut of a campaign. The Democrats would have a much nastier slugfest, though. It eventually came down to John Edwards, Howard Dean, and John Kerry, with Edwards being near the nominee with only a few states left to go. However, at the last minute Kerry endorsed Dean, pulling him through even though Edwards won the most states and the popular vote. There wasn't much of a convention bump for them, and for the rest of the campaign Dean stayed in the low 30s, with me hovering in the high 50s. Come election day, I swept literally every single state, even DC by three points. Dominating.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2672 on: December 04, 2013, 01:23:28 AM »

Was D.C. your closest state?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2673 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:20 AM »

Yep, followed by Hawaii with a five-point difference.
Representative Joe Mad
Joe Mad
Rookie

« Reply #2674 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:12 PM »

Playing the 2008 scenario with Bayh.

Only on medium, but I'm pretty proud of the results.  The hardest part of the entire game was facing Richardson during the nomination.  I turned all the big guys on both sides off, resulting in a Bayh vs Frist campaign.  Frist led me for a short while, but I pulled ahead and maintained my lead throughout.  After all was said and done I pulled in 66.3% of the popular vote.  Frist got 31.8% and Barr (who I enabled in the hopes of making the race interesting) only garnered 1.9%.  All in all it was a fun match, and I think it is time for me to step up to hard and try my luck.

Also, I must give props to the guy above me; I almost lost after removing the strongest opponents during the primaries.  Can't imagine taking on Bush in '04 and winning.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies