President Forever results thread... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:24:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread... (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 879904 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »

2008:
Bill Richardson/Mark Warner against Giuliani/Romney

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2011, 02:33:28 PM by Tmthforu94 »

2008:
Allen/Sanford - 293 Electoral Votes, 54% Popular Vote
Clinton/Richardson - 245 Elecotral Votes, 45% Popular Vote

Not quite sure how to explain this, other than President Forever works in mysterious ways. D.C. is no mistake, I actually won it by around 9 points. In both D.C. and New York I never made a stop there yet somehow managed to win them. If I had lost New York, riots probably would have occurred, considering I won the popular vote very comfortably due to running up percentages in GOP strongholds and keeping Clinton under 60% in every state she won.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

2008 Wonk-Edition:

I ran as Mitt Romney. Due to his cash advantage, I spent money early and developed a sizable national lead by December. I then concentrated hard on Iowa and New Hampshire, winning both. Won big in Michigan in Nevada, then lost by 3 points to Huckabee in South Carolina, which was a relief, as if I had lost to Giuliani things could have become interesting.

Won Florida handily, and swept Super Tuesday. It was soon down to Romney, Giuliani, and Huckabee, with both dropping out right after the March 4th primaries. I went into the General Election with around a 7 point lead, and held it. Clinton gained momentum after picking up endorsements and the economic collapse, but I countered her momentum with loads of cash, which kept my lead enact. Went into Election Day leading by around 7 points.

Clinton selected Richardson as her running mate, and I selected Jindal, so it was a truly historic election: Woman/Hispanic vs. Mormon/Indian.

Mitt Romney/Bobby Jindal: 55.3% Popular Vote, 377 Electoral Votes
Hillary Clinton/Bill Richardson: 44.7% Popular Vote, 161 Electoral Votes

Biggest surprise: Maryland. I contested it earlier, but as the General Election began, Clinton built up a solid lead. I actually pulled out of the state, but started airing ad's mid-October as polls tightened there. Only made one stop there in October.

Biggest win: Utah (SHOCKER!) 76.8% of the vote.
Biggest loss: D.C. (SHOCKER!) 27% of the vote.

Contested California heavily at the end, but only came up with 48.6% of the vote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2012, 11:10:46 PM »

2012: My Version

I have the game set up to where it's pretty difficult to beat Obama. I played as Romney, and spent about half of my energy fighting in the primary with the other half focusing on the General. Wins in IA and NH sealed it, and it was finished (I weighted momentum on both high, similar to RL).

Went into the GE ahead 2 points, and kept expanding - did very well with my finances.

Romney/Rubio - 57.1% PV, 495 EV
Obama/Biden - 41%, 43 EV
Johnson/??? - 2% (Got 18% in NM)

Illinois was very close, Obama winning 49.2-48.8 ). There were a lot of really close states, with most swinging Romney's way.

Hopefully the RL map will be something similar! Tongue

P.S. I think if Romney does win in a landslide, it will look like this, state-wise.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2012, 12:30:13 AM »

Has anyone ever had this happened before: I was playing the 2012 Republican primaries as Cain, and we got to Colorado. It was an exact tie between Romney and Cain - 225,338 votes apiece. I've never seen it before.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 01:24:07 AM »

Has anyone ever had this happened before: I was playing the 2012 Republican primaries as Cain, and we got to Colorado. It was an exact tie between Romney and Cain - 225,338 votes apiece. I've never seen it before.
Did Cain "win" it then on the map?
It was white on the map, but Cain won all delegates.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2013, 12:27:39 AM »

I'm normally too lazy to post results but this one...I couldn't resist. Imagine the forum reaction if it occurred!

Michele Bachmann/Jim Demint: 71% PV, 538 Electoral Votes
Barack Obama/Joe Biden: 29% PV, 0 Electoral Votes

Now, granted, this was on Medium, but nothing was altered and there were no cross-party endorsements to mess it up. I built up in Iowa and New Hampshire, and ultimately, Bachmann narrowly edged out Perry for the nomination. I used up my 5 PIP's to get him to drop out. The economy completely collapsed in early September which took a 5 point lead and turned it into a 20 point lead, and smart money management plus debate momentum brought it to this. I have to say, with no little cheats thrown in, this might be my best performance.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2013, 12:03:18 PM »

Utah at 89.7.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »

one question about the map, what is Washington dc at in vote totals
I don't remember the exact percentage, but it was comfortably over 60%. Once I realized I was going to easily win, I focused heavily on Massachusetts and D.C., as I thought those would be the toughest states. D.C. went from 40 points against Bachmann to 10 points for her in a span of 3 weeks.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2013, 05:22:40 PM »

Question for whoever has the 2012 version:
Do you find it hard to ever keep the General Election close, especially when you sim to the convention? Even on Hard, I find it incredibly difficult to lose. Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »

Scenario: (Played as Trump - saved up $$$ and did a late ad blitz that was much more favorable than expected) Recordings are leaked right before the election that reveals Bill and Hillary Clinton working with Russian spies to rig the results, promising that if she wins they will enact favorable policies for Russia. Clinton stays quiet, refusing to drop out - hardcore Democrats still support in with hopes she drops out/impeached/ and Kaine takes over, but the vast majority of independents and moderate Democrats break with Trump.

Donald Trump/Jan Brewer: 73.6% Popular Vote, 535 Electoral Votes
Crooked Hillary Clinton/Xavier Becerra: 26.4%, 3 Electoral Votes
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2018, 02:27:05 PM »

Scenario: (Played as Trump - saved up $$$ and did a late ad blitz that was much more favorable than expected) Recordings are leaked right before the election that reveals Bill and Hillary Clinton working with Russian spies to rig the results, promising that if she wins they will enact favorable policies for Russia. Clinton stays quiet, refusing to drop out - hardcore Democrats still support in with hopes she drops out/impeached/ and Kaine takes over, but the vast majority of independents and moderate Democrats break with Trump.

Donald Trump/Jan Brewer: 73.6% Popular Vote, 535 Electoral Votes
Crooked Hillary Clinton/Xavier Becerra: 26.4%, 3 Electoral Votes

Wait, so Crooked Hillary quits, then Becerra appoints Kaine and quits?
No, i forgot that Kaine wasn’t chosen in this scenario.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »

The new Beta version is finally starting to let me finish from start to end (when beginning in primaries). Got through this time with Trump in 2020 - the beta version becomes very unrealistically easy if you start in a primary basically unchallenged. I focused early on meddling and dividing the Democrats to force a contested convention - it was a three way race between Mayor Pete, Beto and Warren. In the GE, Trump train's spinning became almost unstoppable in the final weeks, as well as half a billion warchest built up. The initial goal was to see if I could win DC as a Republican - it was the closest, with TRUMP winning 52-44.

President Donald Trump/Vice President Mike Pence: 63.5% PV, 538 EV
Mayor Pete Buttigieg/Former Georgia Speaker Stacey Abrams: 34%, 0 EV
Ian Schlakman/His VP: 2.5% PV

Gonna try the same thing with Biden next, though it will be harder since it will be tough to divide the GOP primary like you can for Democrats.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2020, 10:11:54 PM »

I was actually able to bring TRUMP down quite a bit playing as Biden, I had Romney, Kasich and Cruz run against him in the primary and Romney and Kasich both won quite a few states. TRUMP ultimately prevailed but his warchest was depleted. I started out the GE with an 11 point lead that gradually grew. Absolutely slammed him in the final week with ads and surrogate campaigning, I had been building up a warchest of surrogates from the getgo. Wasn't able to get the 538 sadly, South Carolina was the weird holdout. I think it was an effect of a very competitive primary happening there, so TRUMP was very organized from the start. Up until the last couple days, a lot of states were tossups - at one point there were 20 states within 4 points, it was much more difficult to go for the sweep with Biden. The margins and coloring would have been more fun with a third party but I forgot to checkmark it.

Former VP Joe Biden/Senator Kamala Harris: 61.2%, 529 EV
President Donald Trump/Vice President Mike Pence: 38.8% PV, 9 EV
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2021, 12:59:24 PM »

Ran as Rockefeller on Hard. Clinched the nomination after securing endorsements from Reagan and Romney. Despite finishing third in the primaries, McCarthy manages to win at the convention, and going into the General it is just a 3 point race, but things quickly go south for McCarthy as Rockefeller hammers him for his extreme anti-Vietnam stance. A late push swings Rhode Island dramatically, and Massachusetts ends up being a 1 point race. Rockefeller wins 52-34-13 nationwide, which is about how I'd imagine it would go if McCarthy had managed to win IRL.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies