President Forever results thread...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:05:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  President Forever results thread...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 130
Author Topic: President Forever results thread...  (Read 877165 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1700 on: July 01, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »

Andy, could you run the same four democrats vs. Moratlis, Bahney, Drexler, and Coppersmith.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1701 on: July 01, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »

Andy, could you run the same four democrats vs. Moratlis, Bahney, Drexler, and Coppersmith.
Sure

Constine
L'Hermine*
Moore

*L'Hermine easily wins at the Convention after Moore dropped out and backed L'Hermine, which pushed him over the edge into the realm of presumptive nominee. Constinue dropped out soon after. L'Hermine would choose Senator Barbara Boxer as his VEEP.

Moratlis
Bahney*
Coppersmith
Drexler

*After a long struggle, all three remaining candidates were about even in polls but Moratlis fell short in the Convention balloting and threw his backing behind Bahney over Coppersmith. Bahney would then choose Moratlis as his VEEP nominee for his support and to unite the party.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1702 on: July 01, 2009, 11:30:44 PM »

The Bahney/Moratlis ticket became the "All Star" ticket in the sense as through out the campaing they led, into the third week, L'Hermine's own homestate, Maine, switched to the Republicans which added even more weight to Bahney's campaign. Bahney triumphed in the debates over L'Hermine and led big. The last week until Election Day, L'Hermine began to gain on Bahney and Moratlis but would it be enough? Bahney and Moratlis won huge as L'Hermine was left in the dust on Election Day.

(R)-Bahney/Moratlis: 398 EV 52.6%
(D)-L'Hermine/Boxer: 140 EV 46.8%
Others: 0 EV 0.6%
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #1703 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:56 PM »

Sure

Constine
L'Hermine*
Moore

*L'Hermine easily wins at the Convention after Moore dropped out and backed L'Hermine, which pushed him over the edge into the realm of presumptive nominee. Constinue dropped out soon after. L'Hermine would choose Senator Barbara Boxer as his VEEP.

Moratlis
Bahney*
Coppersmith
Drexler

*After a long struggle, all three remaining candidates were about even in polls but Moratlis fell short in the Convention balloting and threw his backing behind Bahney over Coppersmith. Bahney would then choose Moratlis as his VEEP nominee for his support and to unite the party.

I actually won states? Woot!!!

Ha!! I won Okie, NY and CT!!! That would never happen in RL. lol
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1704 on: July 02, 2009, 12:32:51 PM »

Sure

Constine
L'Hermine*
Moore

Moratlis
Bahney*
Coppersmith
Drexler

I actually won states? Woot!!!

Ha!! I won Okie, NY and CT!!! That would never happen in RL. lol
You won New York because that is your home state.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #1705 on: July 02, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »

I know. I was talking about Okie and NY voting for the same person in a GE is impossible.

You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1706 on: July 02, 2009, 05:03:38 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2009, 06:41:26 PM by Reelect In 2012 »

2008 enhanced as Obama

Democratic primary
Green - Senator Obama
Blue - Senator Clinton
Red - Former Senator Edwards
Yellow - Congressman Kucinich
Orange - Senator Dodd

General election - The Obama/Bayh ticket had a slight lead over the Thompson/Guiliani ticket until the economy collapsed along with the stock markets and the public's patience with the GOP.

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)/Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) - 392 electoral votes and 70,678,744 (54.3%) popular votes
Former Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN)/Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) - 146 electoral votes and 50,426,421 (38.7%) popular votes
Chuck Baldwin (C-FL)/Darrell Castle (C-TN) - 0 electoral votes and 5,211,452 (4%) popular votes
Former Representative Bob Barr (L-GA)/Lance Brown (L-CA) - 0 electoral votes and 3,964,605 (3%) popular votes

The closest state was Texas with it voting for Senator Thompson by a 0.5% margin. There were some good third party showing including Chuck Baldwin getting 17.9% in Alabama. Both members of the GOP ticket got crushed in their home states with Obama getting over 60% in both Tennessee and New York.
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1707 on: July 02, 2009, 11:30:43 PM »

Ran as Barr to test my "Schwarzenegger in '08" created scenario. Obama led Schwarzenegger for most of the campaign until it became surprisingly close at the mid point of the fifth week until Election Day. After that, Biden won his VP debate and Obama won all of the debates and campaigned more vigorously against Schwarzenegger and quickly began to distance himself from the Californian Governor in polls. On the last week until Election Day, Schwarzenegger began to make some gains, going up 3 points in polls but Obama still led by a fair margin. On Election Day, Obama won in a landslide but Schwarzenegger would get some suprising results, 44% in his homestate of CA, 48% in MN, about 47% in NH and nearly 45% in ME would all be suprises on Election Night.

(D)-Obama/Biden: 428 EV 54.8%
(R)-Schwarzenegger/Thune: 110 EV 44.7%
(Li)-Barr/Root: 0 EV 0.5%
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1708 on: July 03, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »

Another run through with my "Atlas Forever 2008" scenario.

(R)-Moratlis/Hagel: 335 EV 49.1%
(D)-Polnut/Kerry: 203 EV 46.1%
(I)-Flynn/Chafee: 0 EV 4.1%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 0.7%
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1709 on: July 03, 2009, 03:49:29 PM »

That's actually what I would do. The game can read minds. Shocked

Another run through with my "Atlas Forever 2008" scenario.

(R)-Moratlis/Hagel: 335 EV 49.1%
(D)-Polnut/Kerry: 203 EV 46.1%
(I)-Flynn/Chafee: 0 EV 4.1%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 0.7%

This is actually along the lines I would have expected.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1710 on: July 03, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow
I am touched that you would endorse me over Jewishconservative. Thank you, my friend. Smiley
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1711 on: July 03, 2009, 04:44:59 PM »

Another fun test for my Atlas 2008 scenario

(D)-McShan/Feingold: 387 EV 52.5%
(R)-Coppersmith/Allen: 151 EV 46.3%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 1.2%

Also, anyone have any more requests for my "Atlas 2008" scenario?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1712 on: July 03, 2009, 05:12:20 PM »

Do you think you could run Moratlis/Richardon vs. Me/Romney, with Moratlis as a Democrat?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1713 on: July 03, 2009, 06:27:31 PM »

Senator John Kerry (D-MA)/Senator Evan Bayh (D-IN) - 454 electoral votes and 62,498,454 (54.6%) popular votes
President George W. Bush (R-TX)/Vice President Dick Cheney (R-WY) - 84 electoral votes and 48,803,608 (42.6%) popular votes
Other - 0 electoral votes and 3,159,291 (2.7%) popular votes

After an extremely closely run campaign with no clear frontrunner, Senator Kerry easily went onto defeat incumbent President Bush after a surge late in the campaign.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1714 on: July 03, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow
I am touched that you would endorse me over Jewishconservative. Thank you, my friend. Smiley

I think anybody would pick you over Jewishconservative. Wink
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1715 on: July 03, 2009, 08:20:56 PM »

Do you think you could run Moratlis/Richardon vs. Me/Romney, with Moratlis as a Democrat?
Sure man.

The campaign began as Governor Bahney ran above Governor Moratlis by one point, though at the 7th week point, Bahney would increase the lead by 2 points. At the 6th week a big gaffe made by Moratlis on Same Sex Marriage, engulf the entire week. After bouncing back, Moratlis and Bahney were even about in polls and a more negative campaign began by the Bahney camp would draw criticism. During the 5th week, polls had Bahney at 42% and Moratlis at 41%, come the VEEP debate, Romney "Triumphed" in the debate over Richardson and as Bahney had done during the first presidential debate as well. Scandal soon enveloped the Moratlis campaign during the 3rd week and brought him down in polls as Bahney slowly increased his lead. Finally though, Moratlis had a payoff as Moratlis won one of presidential debates but the polls remained static. Bahney's campaign began to have scandals of it's own as his lead was at the time at 6 points over Moratlis. The lead up to Election Day had remained about the same, Bahney at 47% and Moratlis at 41%. The final day before Election Day was forecasting a Bahney victory as more of the Democratic states and Colorado seemed to be in Moratlis corner as most to all of the tossup's were in Bahney's corner.

(R)-Bahney/Romney: 392 EV 53.6%
(D)-Moratlis/Richardson: 146 EV 45.1%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 1.3%
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1716 on: July 03, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Sure man.

The campaign began as Governor Bahney ran above Governor Moratlis by one point, though at the 7th week point, Bahney would increase the lead by 2 points. At the 6th week a big gaffe made by Moratlis on Same Sex Marriage, engulf the entire week. After bouncing back, Moratlis and Bahney were even about in polls and a more negative campaign began by the Bahney camp would draw criticism. During the 5th week, polls had Bahney at 42% and Moratlis at 41%, come the VEEP debate, Romney "Triumphed" in the debate over Richardson and as Bahney had done during the first presidential debate as well. Scandal soon enveloped the Moratlis campaign during the 3rd week and brought him down in polls as Bahney slowly increased his lead. Finally though, Moratlis had a payoff as Moratlis won one of presidential debates but the polls remained static. Bahney's campaign began to have scandals of it's own as his lead was at the time at 6 points over Moratlis. The lead up to Election Day had remained about the same, Bahney at 47% and Moratlis at 41%. The final day before Election Day was forecasting a Bahney victory as more of the Democratic states and Colorado seemed to be in Moratlis corner as most to all of the tossup's were in Bahney's corner.

(R)-Bahney/Romney: 392 EV 53.6%
(D)-Moratlis/Richardson: 146 EV 45.1%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 1.3%

Well, at least I won my home state.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #1717 on: July 03, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »

Can you run me in a general election against L'Hermine?
Historia Crux
Andy Jackson
United States

« Reply #1718 on: July 03, 2009, 11:04:09 PM »

Can you run me in a general election against L'Hermine?
Sure.

L'Hermine and Coppersmith were about even, L'Hermine with a two point lead but quickly ramping up his campaign, L'Hermine would be crowned with "The Big Mo'" soon in the 7th week. Through out the 6th week, L'Hermine and Coppersmith traded "Good" and "Lackluster" appearances in the media as the polls slowly shifted a little bit more for L'Hermine. The 5th week was one the began to draw blood as both L'Hermine and Coppersmith released "Controversial" attacks on each other as Coppersmith would then try and release another volley of attacks on L'Hermine but would back fire on him a little. The polls showed L'Hermine at 42% and Coppersmith at 39% but in a suprise, the presidential debate was called as a draw between the two candidates. The 4th week had Coppersmith begin to loose some ground as L'Hermine campaign took a sharp negative turn, even more so as scandal erupted on the Coppersmith campaign. The 3rd debate had another victory for L'Hermine as he won the next presidential debate and would "triumph" in the next debate, with that polls showed L'Hermine at 43% and Coppersmith at 38%. The 2nd week brought scandal to the L'Hermine camp as the media began to question the ever growing negative tone of the L'Hermine campaign. With all of this the polls would then show L'Hermine at 42% and Coppersmith at 38%. At the very end of the 1st week, scandal erupted again with the L'Hermine campaign as they entered the drawdown to Election Day. The day before election day, the polls showed L'Hermine with 43.5% and Coppersmith with 38.3%. The Election would turn into a blowout for the Democrats and L'Hermine as one of the suprises came after a long and bitter battle seemed to happen in WI of all states as Coppersmith barley carried the state.

(D)-L'Hermine/Clark: 428 EV 54.1%
(R)-Coppersmith/Owens: 110 EV 44.8%
(Li)-Badnarik/Brown: 0 EV 1.1%
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1719 on: July 04, 2009, 12:55:56 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2009, 01:11:08 PM by Reelect In 2012 »

2008 enhanced as Obama

Primaries

In early December, Senator Clinton's campaign completely collapsed as Senator Obama sailed into the lead due to the momentum from his speech at the Jefferson-Jackson dinner coupled with Bill Clinton getting overly negative in South Carolina. Barack Obama was declared the presumptive nominee on March 4th after easily winning the Ohio and Texas (aswell as Vermont and Rhode Island) primaries. Senator Clinton then agreed to become Obama's running mate on March 17th after losing the Wisconsin primary yet winning an extremely close Hawaii primary.

A close Republican primary went on through the summer between Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul and John McCain. Giuliani limped over the majority delegate mark after he recieved the endorsement of Senator McCain. Mayor Guiliani went onto select Senator John Thune of South Dakota as his running mate.

Democratic Primary map

Green - Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)
Yellow - Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
Grey - Senator Obama wins by default due to Clinton becoming his running mate

General election

Obama consistently held a solid lead in the polls throughout the campaign, never once falling below the 270 electoral vote threshold, until the financial crisis hit and a solid lead became a commanding lead and nearly all the swing states fell into the Obama column. Senator Obama ran a brilliant campaign, receiving all newspaper endorsements from the left and right wing aswell as the endorsement of the Republican National Committee on September 14th. Barack Obama won all 3 of the debates, including the first and last in which he "triumphed" and Senator Thune won the vice-presidential debate.

Mayor Guiliani's campaign continuted to collapse with no good news for the Guiliani/Thune ticket. The election was called for now-President Elect Obama at 9pm with the polls closing in the central time zone.

General election map

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)/Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) - 439 electoral votes and 73,615,476 (56.5%) popular votes
Former Mayor Rudy Guiliani (R-NY)/Senator John Thune (R-SD) - 99 electoral votes and 45,246,426 (34.8%) popular votes
Others - 0 electoral votes and 11,320,192 (8.7%) popular votes
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1720 on: July 05, 2009, 08:13:54 AM »

General election map

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)/Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) - 439 electoral votes and 73,615,476 (56.5%) popular votes
Former Mayor Rudy Guiliani (R-NY)/Senator John Thune (R-SD) - 99 electoral votes and 45,246,426 (34.8%) popular votes
Others - 0 electoral votes and 11,320,192 (8.7%) popular votes

Winnig so many states with so few popular votes is a Goldwater-esque performance for Giuliani.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1721 on: July 06, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »

After Bayh easily beat Biden and Richardon in the primaries, he moved on to face Romney, who narrowly defeated Giuliani. Bayh had the momentum from the get go, and never looked back. Though Romney won all 3 debates, and Giuliani beat Clinton in the Vice Debate, Romney never got on track, and it ended up being an easy Bayh win.

Bayh/Clinton: 113,545,584          58.1%  436 Electoral Votes
Romney/Giuliani: 81,768,721       41.9% 102 Electoral Votes

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1722 on: July 06, 2009, 02:15:42 PM »

I just did the most amazing thing on President Forever.
So I ran as Hatch in 2000. I made Romney his VP. They faced off against Gore and Nader.

Popular Vote;
Hatch- 48.6%
Gore- 48.7%
Nader- 2.7%

So, like in RL, Gore wins the Popular Vote.
The Map:

Just like RL 2000, percentages and everything, minus New York.
Okay, now, Hatch won Florida by about 30,000 votes, but let's take a close look at New Mexico. Though it wouldn't sway the election...
Hatch- 612,803
Gore- 612,804
Nader- 51,066
Shocked
Don't beleieve me?
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1723 on: July 06, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »

After increasing his lead week after week from the beginning the the general election, Al Gore easily triumphed against Mike Huckabee to become the 44th President of the United States (even after running out of funds a week away from the election).

Former Vice President Al Gore (D-TN)/Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) - 436 electoral votes and 68,242,246 (57.6%) popular votes
Former Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR)/Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) - 102 electoral votes and 46,780,455 (39.5%) popular votes
Other - 2.9% of the popular votes
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1724 on: July 06, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »

After Bayh easily beat Biden and Richardon in the primaries, he moved on to face Romney, who narrowly defeated Giuliani. Bayh had the momentum from the get go, and never looked back. Though Romney won all 3 debates, and Giuliani beat Clinton in the Vice Debate, Romney never got on track, and it ended up being an easy Bayh win.

Bayh/Clinton: 113,545,584          58.1%  436 Electoral Votes
Romney/Giuliani: 81,768,721       41.9% 102 Electoral Votes

How did you get turn out like that? Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies