The Springboard to Nowhere: GOP VP Nominees
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:52:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The Springboard to Nowhere: GOP VP Nominees
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Springboard to Nowhere: GOP VP Nominees  (Read 1806 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:59:23 AM »

I think that by 2012, Palin will be like Dan Quayle to the public, except with a bigger role in the party.

Dan Quayle tried to use the VP-nominee/Vice President platform to win in 2000. didn't work.

I think Jindal, since he won't be running, gets nominated for VP

I also think that the media kills him politically, excorsims? some may even say he is a secret Hindu.

Just a thought...
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 01:34:32 AM »

If Jindal runs for Governor in 2011, he won't run for President and would likely decline any VP offer in advance.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:55:11 PM »

If Jindal runs for Governor in 2011, he won't run for President and would likely decline any VP offer in advance.

hopefully, yes. I hate seeing politicians turn into damaged goods.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »

I think that if he's interested, Jindal will be aiming for 2016 not the incredibly risky 2012.  People like Romney, Palin, and Huckabee, whose political clocks are ticking, are much more likely to shoot for 2012 if anything.

2016 would be just as risky for Jindal. Bear in mind that if the Republican ticket goes down in 2012, those Southern whites that would make up the bulk of Jindal's base would have had eight years of being governed over by a non-white. Are they really going to put aside the widespread racial realpolitik of the region just because Jindal's "one of them" on social issues? Because I strongly suspect that their anti-modernity - anti-homosexuality, anti-abortion, etc. - is really just an outlet for their fundamental anti-blackness.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »

I think that if he's interested, Jindal will be aiming for 2016 not the incredibly risky 2012.  People like Romney, Palin, and Huckabee, whose political clocks are ticking, are much more likely to shoot for 2012 if anything.

2016 would be just as risky for Jindal. Bear in mind that if the Republican ticket goes down in 2012, those Southern whites that would make up the bulk of Jindal's base would have had eight years of being governed over by a non-white. Are they really going to put aside the widespread racial realpolitik of the region just because Jindal's "one of them" on social issues? Because I strongly suspect that their anti-modernity - anti-homosexuality, anti-abortion, etc. - is really just an outlet for their fundamental anti-blackness.

That may be going a little 2 far...
Nixon in '80
nixon1980
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.84, S: -5.39

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:20:37 AM »

That may be going a little 2 far...

Just a tad... luckily, Jindal is in no way black.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies