1828: Adams v. Calhoun
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:10:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1828: Adams v. Calhoun
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1828: Adams v. Calhoun  (Read 1455 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:09:41 PM »

Let's say that Jackson decides not to run again in 1828, because he is concerned about his wife's health.  Instead, Vice President John C. Calhoun decides to challenge Adams.  How would that election go?
WillK

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 12:27:43 PM »

Let's say that Jackson decides not to run again in 1828, because he is concerned about his wife's health.  Instead, Vice President John C. Calhoun decides to challenge Adams.  How would that election go?

I think we'd need to know whether some of Jackson's key supportes like Van Buren or Buchanan would support one or the other candidates.   
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »

I think we'd need to know whether some of Jackson's key supportes like Van Buren or Buchanan would support one or the other candidates.   

I'd guess that they'd support Calhoun.
WillK

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 04:55:28 PM »

Then Calhoun wins.

Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »

Then Calhoun wins.

That'd be my guess, yeah.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies