Caroline Kennedy in 2016?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:44:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Caroline Kennedy in 2016?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Caroline Kennedy in 2016?  (Read 7639 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:32 AM »

Er... no thank you. Let's not reward people for their names. It's already pretty gross that she's going to get a Senate seat without having done anything to earn it.

^^^^^

If Kennedy is appointed, I will be endorsing Republicans for statewide races in NY in 2010.

From a guy who wanted Hillary Clinton to be President?
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.42, S: -8.09

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 02:20:51 PM »

If she gets Hillary's seat and if Obama's a great (not just good) POTUS, it could happen.  I really believe that presidential politics is all about identity and making people feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  She's got the name, she's fairly charasmatic, she'd be running to make history, and hey, with Neil Diamond on your side, how could you lose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzsUOmqpaeg
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 02:38:04 PM »

Er... no thank you. Let's not reward people for their names. It's already pretty gross that she's going to get a Senate seat without having done anything to earn it.

^^^^^

If Kennedy is appointed, I will be endorsing Republicans for statewide races in NY in 2010.

Um, no comparison. I am not bigoted against people with big names. I just don't like it when they rely solely on that to become catapulted into a high position. Hillary Clinton was far more than her name. Also, the Clintons are in no way a dynasty like the Kennedys or Bushes are. It's amazing how some people are continually unable to grasp that fact.
crazy jimmie
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 02:43:47 PM »

^^^^^

Um, no comparison. I am not bigoted against people with big names. I just don't like it when they rely solely on that to become catapulted into a high position. Hillary Clinton was far more than her name. Also, the Clintons are in no way a dynasty like the Kennedys or Bushes are. It's amazing how some people are continually unable to grasp that fact.

^^^^ Strongy agree with beet!
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 02:56:25 PM »

I'm becoming more confident it won't be Kennedy.  There's been a pushback from angry Clintonistas and some state legislators.  Appointing her because Ted and Obama offer to be your allies might be a mistake after the Blago affair
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 03:03:28 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2008, 03:10:32 PM by MASSHOLE »

count me in!!! at least I will never join the cult of Reagan though.

Reagan doesn't get nearly as much praise/attention as the beloved Kennedy clan does and he actually deserves most of the praise that he gets.

your probably right, I wonder why black people like the Kennedy's?  so much it must have something to do with blues music.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies