Bush & Dole democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:55:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bush & Dole democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush & Dole democrats  (Read 2171 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 02, 2008, 02:45:20 AM »

How the HELL did Bush and Dole get double digits ANYWHERE in 92 and 96? After Clinton bent over backwards campaigning as a centrist it was all for nothing? There is no reason, in a three way contest for a republican to be pulling 20% of democrats ANYWHERE!!! My god, in some of these states Clinton only got HALF of democrats in 92!
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 03:17:55 PM »

Is the pro-life issue really what has destroyed democrats in appalachia? Why not change your voter registration if your going to be an idiot fundamentalist? I think many of these dumb hicks still just associate republicans with the rich and democrats with the poor, and therefore refuse to change their party id, even though they never vote that way.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:59:28 PM »
« Edited: December 29, 2008, 12:03:15 AM by ShadowOfTheWave »

The upper south is the area I'm talking about, Clinton won very narrowly there and this is the area where democrats have been defecting the most to the republicans. 

The religious zealots are very disturbing to me. If I hadn't been forced to spend 11 years in a fundamentalist school I never would have believed that there were that many people that actually voted solely on the anti-abortion issue. The bush worshipping was at a max there too.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 02:49:40 AM »

What I just can't understand is how so many people can vote SOLEY on this issue. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 04:08:59 PM »

Are you saying that you believe there is actually a large non-fundamentalist pro-life crowd? Sure, there may be some, but I doubt many vote on that issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies