Carmarthen East and / or Winchester pending???
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:46:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Carmarthen East and / or Winchester pending???
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Carmarthen East and / or Winchester pending???  (Read 1433 times)
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:39:47 AM »

There are discussions on the Vote 2007 Forum that:

Adam Price (Plaid, Carmarthen East) is going to resign his Westminster seat and fight a by-election for a Welsh Assembly constituency. This by-election will be announced after the weekend.

Mark Oaten (Lib Dem, Winchester) will resign his Westminster seat "before the end of 2008" to ensure no confusion between Winchester and Meon Valley.

Likelihood Rating please? (1 Yes, 5 Maybe, 10 No)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:53:09 AM »

Rumours do swirl, don't they. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes of them, but it wouldn't be all that surprising if they were true either. Carmarthen East & Dinefwr is Rhodri Glyn Thomas (remember him?)'s seat on the Assembly and it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he's sick of politics now. Though maybe there are rumours about other places; I've no idea. I don't really follow the rumours now, got sick of them after the Rainbow nonsense.
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »

Rumours do swirl, don't they. Wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes of them, but it wouldn't be all that surprising if they were true either. Carmarthen East & Dinefwr is Rhodri Glyn Thomas (remember him?)'s seat on the Assembly and it wouldn't be a massive surprise if he's sick of politics now. Though maybe there are rumours about other places; I've no idea. I don't really follow the rumours now, got sick of them after the Rainbow nonsense.

Whilst discussing the upcoming Welsh Lib Dem leadership election with a friend, I found out that is indeed likely to happen but not before the next Westminster election but before the next Assembly election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies