Educated Catholics have sown dissent and confusion in the Church, claims bishop

(1/4) > >>

dead0man:
link

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clearly education is to blame for hedonism, selfishness and egocentric behavior inside the Church. ::)

Alcon:
The Catholic Church has taken some pretty strong leaps in recognizing scientific achievement, but largely I think faith and science are always going to be expected to co-exist somewhat uncomfortably.

I don't think we should bestow this guy with any great importance.  After all, even most of us secularists refuse to live their lives entirely free of irrationality.  Faith just makes turning a blind eye to that fact a bit harder.

12th Doctor:
I would invite everyone to take note of the fact that this is one bishop.  So basically, this is kinda like saying "Congressman so-in-so said today...."

The Catholic Church is, and always has been, one of the greatest champions of scientific and educational advancement.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better:
Quote from: Supersoulty on November 18, 2008, 02:59:43 AM

The Catholic Church is, and always has been, one of the greatest champions of scientific and educational advancement.

I'm sure those involved in stem cell research agree.

12th Doctor:
Quote from: Resident of Bill Ayers' America on November 18, 2008, 03:01:05 AM

Quote from: Supersoulty on November 18, 2008, 02:59:43 AM

I'm sure those involved in stem cell research agree.

Yeah, well, astrology was once the height of scientific inquiry as well.

Besides, your point is moot.  The church has listened to its best minds from the start, who contended that it could be done without using embryos, and supported that position.  Low and behold, they were correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page