How has your family voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:07:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How has your family voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has your family voted?  (Read 55628 times)
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« on: March 17, 2023, 10:47:47 AM »
« edited: March 17, 2023, 11:24:38 AM by West_Midlander »

Great-grandfather: Reagan and Colin Powell fan, non-voter (permanent resident). Catholic. Possible bisexual. Strongly believed in racial and gender equality.

Great-grandmother: Permanent resident. Mildly homophobic and sexist (against women) but liberal on racial issues. She didn't believe allegations against Michael Jackson and said either OJ didn't do it or he had cause.

Grandmother: Permanent resident. Prefers Trump to Biden but doesn't GAF about Trump. Anti-vax (including against the flu shot) but strongly pro-mask. She hates Biden with a passion. Mildly homophobic with some racist and sizeist tendencies. She is anti-welfare but received help in the past to my knowledge. Supports "Bono for President." Her favorite President was JFK. Catholic. Resistant to become a citizen or to get the vaccine although she suggested both were possibilities a while ago but that seems to have changed.

Dad: Sexist, mildly racist and homophobic. Believes depression/suicide is a matter of people just needing to toughen up. Non-voter. Thinks Bernie is OK. Hillary fan and loves Biden and hates Trump although he doesn't like Obama. He seemed to have opposed Roy Cooper before coming around to him. He peddles in conspiracy theories pretty often. I have elaborated on here before. He's also seemingly pro-choice and religiously ambivalent. He got two shots but no third yet. He believes that U.S. elections are broadly secure (anti-#StopTheSteal).

Mom: Voter since 2016. Non-voter before. Rabidly pro-trans and pro-LGBT. Less progressive on race/gender but still moderately so. Bernie-Bernie Democratic straight-ticket voter who typically favors progressives. Pro-life and pro-death penalty. Open to some conservative social rhetoric but seemingly unwilling to vote GOP except for unopposed offices. Mildly opposed to Trump. Reluctant Biden voter in 2020. Catholic who loves Pope Francis. She has received 4 COVID shots. Her favorite President is LBJ. 90% committed to Williamson in 2024.

Brother 1: Able to vote in 2024. Resistant to vote and doesn't have a significant interest to vote although I am urging both of my brothers to do so. To-be Democrat. He is pro-choice, anti-UBI, anti-PC culture. He likes Obama, seems to like Bernie, and likes Biden. Lincoln is his favorite President and he holds Obama in very high esteem. No opinion on Hillary to my knowledge. He asked me who I thought he should vote for next year and I said "Biden, probably" not as an endorsement but as what made more sense for him. He is Catholic but likes Buddhism as an idea and is open to the idea of reincarnation. I suspect he may convert later on. He has received 2 COVID shots. Says he would vote for Biden in a Biden/Williamson race.

Brother 2: Able to vote in '26. Democratic leaner with a strong conservative streak socially. Likes Bernie and said he would have voted for Trump & Tillis in '20 if he was eligible. Pro-life & Catholic. He has received 2 COVID shots. His favorite President is LBJ.

Uncle 1: Republican. Likely Trump supporter as he only registered in '16 (after the primaries) although he could vote in previous years. He only votes in presidential years in general elections (2016 & 2020 to date). Anti-vax and anti-mask.

Uncle 2: Non-voter. Previously said voting was a waste of time but has expressed interest in voting recently. Opposed Hillary and supported Bernie in the past. Catholic. He doesn't like Trump and seems significantly to the left of his brother and mother. He wears a mask regularly outside and used to glove up in public during COVID (DK if that ended). He has received 2 shots but is resistant to get any more.

For everyone else, I don't know. Many members of my dad's family, however, are mildly racist, colorist, homophobic, and sexist. It's not a slight but just true. Of course, I don't hold political views against anyone, especially family.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies