How has your family voted? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:56:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How has your family voted? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How has your family voted?  (Read 55645 times)
kyc0705

« on: August 26, 2023, 11:39:28 AM »
« edited: August 26, 2023, 03:04:29 PM by kyc0705 »

My family are pretty staunch Democrats for the most part, particularly on my dad's side. My paternal grandparents were Eisenhower supporters but that's about the extent of it. My granddad voted for Nixon in 1960, apparently leading to some jokes from the rest of the family after Watergate about him being a "Nixon supporter." But I think regular Dem voters ever since. Though my dad has sometimes voted Republican in local elections when he personally knows the candidate, the highest office he can remember voting R for was for Governor in 1985, when he voted for Tom Kean. He has voted Dem for president in every election he's been old enough to vote in.

My mom's family is somewhat the same but I don't know their politics quite as well. My mom registered as an independent and recalled voting for Reagan in 1984, but basically was a reliably Democratic voter afterward. The last election before she died was 2012 and she voted for Obama. My maternal grandfather died decades ago. My maternal grandmother is a Democrat, although her politics are pretty centrist I think. My uncle on this side of the family is mostly a non-voter with some conservative leanings. But his wife and son (my aunt and cousin) are rank-and-file Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies