5 most likely people to become the 45th POTUS? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:05:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  5 most likely people to become the 45th POTUS? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5 most likely people to become the 45th POTUS?  (Read 14300 times)
Four49
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.42, S: -8.09

« on: November 19, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »

Six years ago my Aunt (also from Chicago and also a junkie like me) called and told me, "A friend of a friend is a Senator down in Springfield.  So, I went to hear him speak in Hyde Park yesterday.  I had to call you because my first thought after his speech was - this guy's gonna be our first black President!"  I literally laughed at her.  I thought there was no way in hell America was ready for that.  She agreed, but was thinking way down the road, like 2020, or even further.  I'm sure you can guess who that state senator was.

And who thought Palin would get anywhere near a national ticket six months ago?

All of the people listed so far have a shot at being president, but I'd bet money it will be somebody we're not thinking about.  Even more so if Obama has a good eight year run.

And I personally don't think Biden will be on the ticket in four years.  So, if nothing happens to Obama then I think he'll be riding off into the sunset.  My guess is that Palin's pretty much reached her peak as well.  She might run, but I don't think she'll get anywhere.

Of politicians I'm actually aware of, I'd say...

If Obama is a disaster
1. Rick Perry
2. Tim Pawlenty
3. Ryan Paul
4. Mark sanford
5. Charlie Crist

If Obama is good/great
1. His VP when he leaves office
2. Ralph Nader
3. Rahm Emanuel
4. Oprah
5. Al Gore

Really no need to list anyone under number one, if Obama has a good run, meaning people think the country is in a lot better shape than it is now, I'm sure our next POTUS will be his former VP.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies