Worst president in 50 years (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:04:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Worst president in 50 years (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is the worst president of the past 50 years?
Bush
Carter
Nixon/Ford
other
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Worst president in 50 years  (Read 39812 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:45:09 PM »
« edited: February 12, 2010, 02:52:32 PM by Inhofe in 2012 »

Carter:

Malaise
Stagflation
Energy Crisis
Rejection of the Shah
Supporting rebels in Afghanistan (I realize Reagan continued this policy, and it's a black mark on his record, also.)
Budget Deficit
Inability to manage and delegate.

W. has been pretty bad, but Carter takes the cake, in my opinion.

Rejection of Shah? Hahaha. Actually, not admitting him to the U.S. was pretty smart move and avoided additional troubles. Carter cannot be really blamed for Iranian revolution, as it was a consequence of politics impaled by the U.S. since Ike.

Budget deficit: Compare it to Bush one, ok?

Afghanistan? Lol, I thought you conservatives were so supportivbe to "freedom fighters".

Not sure about Iran, hell the fact that the Iranian Revolution was a problem for us should speak volumes about how out of control US foreign policy had got at that juncture. Blame Ike Boy for setting the stones in place for such an incident to occur in the first place.

Budget Deficit: I don't even know where to begin on this one. Sure Carter had a budget deficit but the fact that Reagan and Bush fanboys always bring this up is the definition of irony considering that Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush and Junior all exploded the deficit to heights that made Carter's deficit look like the world's smallest penis in comparison.

Afghanistan, you got a point there but like Kal said I find it ironic that some conservatives would be opposed to "freedumb fightun". There was this thing called the "Cold War" you see, except it really wasn't cold outside it was just a state of mind that existed between the superpowers of the Capitalistic West and the Communistic East. Conservatives back then could give a flip about Islamic extremists because they were worried that men dancing around in Red Pajamas drinking vodka and screaming "Vas Vadanya!" would nuke the f*** out of them. Now such an idea seems like utter nonsense, after all state communism is by definition utter nonsense, but back then even as late as 1979 there was a real fear that people were so idiotic that they would prefer the message of collectivist government with no fun over the semi-fun semi-cool capitalistic system of the west! This philosophy is what guided foreign policy between 1945-1991, because the threat of nuclear annhilation, without regarding the principle of Mutual Assured Destruction that states that all sides will avoid all out war in fear of creating a nuclear holocaust, as illogical as it seems to alot of people nowdays at least made somewhat more sense than "them third world tyrannical regimes will nuke the f*** out of us!" when our own nuclear arsenals outnumber theirs 1000 to 1 (at least).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies