"Cordell for President" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:09:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Cordell for President" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: "Cordell for President" - Political Story (COMMENTS WELCOME)  (Read 20646 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »

Again, I like it, but I think you're forcing the historical references, like this:

NEWSREPORT OPEN
Cordell: That's true, Steve. I have to go out there with the stature of Reagan, the coolness of Obama, the folksiness of Bush, and I suppose I could do some of those Clintonesque hand gestures.
Knox: (chuckles) That's about it, Governor. Just be sure not to pull an Al Gore and sigh or sweat like Nixon and you should be alright.

Also, was this meant to be a mis-speak on Iverson's part, or was it a typo?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »

Again, I like it, but I think you're forcing the historical references, like this:

NEWSREPORT OPEN
Cordell: That's true, Steve. I have to go out there with the stature of Reagan, the coolness of Obama, the folksiness of Bush, and I suppose I could do some of those Clintonesque hand gestures.
Knox: (chuckles) That's about it, Governor. Just be sure not to pull an Al Gore and sigh or sweat like Nixon and you should be alright.

Also, was this meant to be a mis-speak on Iverson's part, or was it a typo?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It was meant to be.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »

SCENE OPENS, TWO DAYS AFTER PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE. GOVERNOR CORDELL AND STEVE KNOX SIT AT A CONFERENCE TABLE WITH JESSICA NORRIS AND OTHER ADVISORS.

Cordell: Well, next week is the VP debate, and Slade's gonna tear Quinn a new one.
Norris: Sir, has Governor Slade prepped at all?
Cordell: Hmmm...I'm not sure.
Norris: Vice President Quinn is a formidable debater.
Cordell: (chucles) He's a 66 year old foreign policy, guy. The debate is on economic issues. Slade's gonna clean the floor.
Knox: Well, Governor, I guess we'll find out.
Cordell: Yep, for sure. So how are the polls looking?
Knox: Closing, good debate performance to thank for that.
Cordell: Excellent.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS AT WHITE HOUSE PRESS CONFERENCE. PRESIDENT IVERSON BEGINS TAKING QUESTIONS FROM THE PRESS.

Reporter: Mr. President, how have staffers and the Vice President judged your debate performance?
Iverson: They haven't. (chuckles) Look, I fully understand Governor Cordell is an impressive debater, but I think the American people understand the foreign and domestic issues that mean so much to them, and I'm sure they see the difference between Governor Cordell and myself, and the Vice President and I are confident.
Reporter: You aren't nervous, sir?
Iverson: (chuckles) I'm only nervous of you guys! (laughs)

SCENE SHIFTS TO WHITE HOUSE-POST CONFERENCE. PRESIDENT IVERSON CONVERSES WITH ADVISOR BILL THOMAS.

Iverson: Bill...tell me the truth.
Thomas: Yes, sir.
Iverson: How did I do in that debate?
Thomas: Honestly?
Iverson: Yes, honestly.
Thomas: You did excellent, sir.
Iverson: You think so?
Thomas: Oh yeah, Mr. President. Post-debate polls and focus groups are all very positive regarding your performance.
Iverson: Yes, I still have two of them left, though. Should I take it to Cordell?
Thomas: You mean...
Iverson: Get personal.
Thomas: Hmmm...that's really tough, Mr. President. It's touchy ground. People might give sympathy to Governor Cordell and sweep him through on November 9th.
Iverson: Yeah...it's really tearing me up on what to do.
Thomas: Sir, I think you should stay on the issues. That's what people are truly focused on. Afterall, you don't want Cordell digging up your past, you know.
Iverson: (chuckles) Oh yeah...I've been through more than enough.
Thomas: Stay strong on the issues, sir. It's a winning strategy.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS, MID-WAY THROUGH VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE, LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS, SEPTEMBER 28TH.

Quinn: I've been Vice President for four years, I've seen more economic information regarding our nation's economic troubles than you have, Governor Slade. I know that raising taxes on any Americans is a very stupid move, to be quite frank about it.
Slade: Mr. Vice President, I don't believe that you understand just how much some in the middle class are hurting...
Quinn: I do, Governor. I fully understand. I know that if you raise taxes on people that's gonna make their situation even worse than it may already be. President Iverson and I are fully committed to tax cuts...not for the rich...not for the lower class...but for everyone. Every class, every hard working American. If you can't understand that, Governor Slade, then you are not prepared to help strengthen this nation's economy as Vice President.

SCENE SHIFTS POST DEBATE TO CORDELL AND KNOX WATCHING POST-DEBATE COVERAGE AT THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION.

Cordell: SON OF A BITCH! I can't believe Quinn was so strong on the economy!
Knox: I know I'm often optimistic, but this time I have to shoot ya straight, John. Slade didn't perform well.
Cordell: Well he is so young and so fresh...that I guess Hank Quinn's 66 year old demeanor just overtook him.
Knox: I was a bit surprised that Governor Slade didn't mention that you will be cutting middle class taxes, and that was critical to the campaign's argument and a big talking point for Iverson on the campaign trail.
Cordell: (phone rings) Hello? Vince! Vince, my man...good debate! Oh yeah, I know those post-debate polls but they don't mean s*it. Alright...see you on the trail in West Virginia tomorrow. Take care. Bye.

CORDELL HANGS UP PHONE.

Cordell: I just lied to the poor man.
Knox: Just keep it up on the campaign trail, sir. Our crowds have been bigger and bigger.

END SCENE
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2008, 04:36:21 PM »

Can somebody throw a pie?!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2008, 06:09:56 PM »

What?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2008, 06:23:20 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pie_throwing
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2008, 06:29:22 PM »

I'm kidding.  I've read the whole thing so far and it's very interesting.  And you should definitely post the Iverson back-story.  I want to read it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2008, 06:41:36 PM »

Isn't it mathematically impossible to have an election on November 9th?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

Yes.  I was gonna say something, but I figured Naso pulled up a calendar for 20-whatever it is and looked.  But you're right.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2008, 01:39:49 AM »

Yes.  I was gonna say something, but I figured Naso pulled up a calendar for 20-whatever it is and looked.  But you're right.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2008, 02:03:37 AM »

I'm kidding.  I've read the whole thing so far and it's very interesting.  And you should definitely post the Iverson back-story.  I want to read it.

I've already begun writing it...and even have a third story about a hostage standoff in the Oval Office from an idea I had back in 2004, I will write that as well. All stories take place in the same universe.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:32 AM »

I've already begun writing it...and even have a third story about a hostage standoff in the Oval Office from an idea I had back in 2004, I will write that as well. All stories take place in the same universe.

Stephen Hawking would be disappointed.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2008, 02:14:51 AM »

The further in you get the story is becoming more interesting. A vast improvement from when you first started. (Still in need of format cleanup, but I suppose that can be done later, and a beginning revision)... Overall, becoming more interesting and the characters are becoming deeper and they're having meaningful engagement with one another and the audience.

Good job!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »

OPEN SCENE - CORDELL/SLADE RALLY IN PARKERSBURG, WEST VIRGINIA

Cordell: HOW ABOUT THAT DEBATE LAST NIGHT?
CROWD WILDLY CHEERS AND GOVERNOR SLADE WAVES AND SMILES.
Cordell: Ya see folks, when I was searchin' for a running mate I knew that Governor Slade not only had the brains but also had the 'you know whats' to take on Hank Quinn.
CROWD CHEERS
Cordell: Hank Quinn is stuck in the past. For fifty years, we've been hearing about this "smaller Government" and "lower taxes" stuff. Fifty years. They used to call it "trickle down economics" where you have tax cuts and success for the rich that barely drips down to the hard workin' people who need it. Governor Slade and I plan on puttin' a stop on that hogwash as soon as we get into the White House, and you can count on us to do it swiftly and effectively!
CROWD CHEERS

SCENE SHIFTS TO IVERSON/QUINN RALLY IN DENVER, COLORADO

Iverson: Earlier today, in West Virginia, Governor Cordell said that he and Governor Slade will be quote "putting a stop on smaller Government and lower taxes."
CROWD BOOS
Iverson: Fear not, America....Hank Quinn and I will be there to make sure Cordell and Slade are locked out of the White House for the NEXT FOUR YEARS!

CROWD WILDLY CHEERS AS PRESIDENT IVERSON, FIRST LADY JEANNE IVERSON, AND HIS NOW-18 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER RACHEL LOOK ON.

END SCENE

NEWSREPORT OPEN - OCTOBER 5TH

Reporter: With just a day left before President Iverson and Governor Cordell square off in Manchester, New Hampshire for the second Presidential Debate, both candidates are hot on the campaign trail speaking on various issues. In Charlotte, North Carolina, Governor Cordell was speaking on the economy.
Cordell: (on trail) We have a plan to cut taxes for the Middle Class, not just for those who make a wealthy donation to the Iverson/Quinn campaign. (CROWD LAUGHS AND CHEERS)
Reporter: In the meantime, President Iverson was hot on the trail in Fairfax, Virginia, a state which Iverson won four years ago, but that polls are nearly tied in this time. Iverson's topic? National Security.
Iverson: (on trail) I see things on the Oval Office desk that would boggle Governor Cordell's mind. We have rogue groups out there, rogue enemies, that would like nothing better than to hurt us. As President, I always put national security first and I will continue to do so for the next four years. (CROWD CHEERS)
Reporter: Also on the campaign trail, Vice Presidential candidates Quinn and Slade. Vice President Quinn campaigning hard at various fundraisers in Reno, Nevada and Governor Slade rallying crowds in St. Louis, Missouri.
Quinn: (on trail) Make no mistake about it, ladies and gentlemen, Governor's Cordell and Slade will raise your taxes, increase the size of Government, and that will weaken our fragile economy.
Slade: (on trail) They want to try and scare you into not voting for us, but the facts are facts. We will stimulate the economy and spread wealth for every hard working American.
Reporter: Tomorrow night, the President and Governor Cordell will be debating Foreign policy in New Hampshire. The Cordell campaign pushed hard for national security to be the main topic for the second debate, to allow the final debate to focus on an issue they feel confident with, the economy and domestic concerns. President Iverson tends to be strong on the issue of Foreign Policy, so the Iverson/Quinn campaign feels as though they have an edge going into tomorrow's debate. Reporting from Washington, D.C, back to you.

END SCENE

OPEN SCENE AT SECOND DEBATE, MANCHESTER, NEW HAMPSHIRE, OCTOBER 5TH

Moderator: Governor Cordell, what do you believe is the most serious threat to our nation's current security?
Cordell: I believe our weakened economy is our biggest threat to national security. The weaker our economy, especially under this administration, makes us look weaker around the World, and makes us look like less of a force for good and opportunity around the world. That is our number one national security concern, at this time.
Moderator: President Iverson? Thirty seconds.
Iverson: Governor Cordell, you do not have a grasp of national security issues. The most serious threat to our nation's current security is the threat of rogue terrorists, rogue enemies, enemies who want nothing more than to kill us because we refuse to adopt their extreme and radical beliefs. It's not the economy...please, Governor. The economy is an important domestic issue, and if you can't see the difference between domestic and foreign policy issues...then I don't believe you are prepared to be Commander-in-Chief.

END SCENE

SCENE SHIFTS TO POST-DEBATE FOCUS GROUP.

Woman #1: I had been supporting Governor Cordell but I'm now supporting President Iverson.
Reporter: Why?
Woman #1: Because President Iverson seems to have a better grasp of National Security issues, and Governor Cordell is weak on them.
Reporter: How about you sir?
Man #1: I was supporting President Iverson and I am still.
Reporter: Why? What made you want to support him more?
Man #1: Iverson has a good grasp of national security. Cordell was mixing up domestic and foreign policy.

TELEVISION SHUTS OFF. GOVERNOR CORDELL AND STEVE KNOX STAND IN A NEW HAMPSHIRE HOTEL ROOM.

Knox: Well, Iverson's strong performance is because of his strong stance on national security.
Cordell: Hell, I know...
Knox: But there is still one more debate. Domestic issues on October 22nd. That will be a strong finish...it'll push you right over the line.
Cordell: Sounds like a good plan, Steve.

END SCENE
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »

The further in you get the story is becoming more interesting. A vast improvement from when you first started. (Still in need of format cleanup, but I suppose that can be done later, and a beginning revision)... Overall, becoming more interesting and the characters are becoming deeper and they're having meaningful engagement with one another and the audience.

Good job!

Thanks
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2008, 10:42:17 PM »

OCTOBER 21ST - CORDELL CABIN, OKLAHOMA. GOVERNOR CORDELL IS LAYING ON THE BED READING NOTES FOR THE NEXT DAYS DEBATE. HE LOOKS OVER AT THE CALENDER. TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND IS ELECTION DAY. IT'S GETTING CLOSE. JUST THEN, HE GETS AN ANGUISHED LOOK ON HIS FACE.

Cordell: Ugh...

SCENE SHIFTS TO A FEW HOURS LATER. STEVE KNOX STANDS IN THE CABIN BEDROOM AS CORDELL LAYS IN BED.

Cordell: Steve, I'm sick as a dog.
Knox: Jeez...
Cordell: I have the flu. Fever, vomiting, the works.
Knox: We'll have to opt out of the debate, right?
Cordell: Of course! I can't go like this. I can't stand...I'll puke all over the fuc*ing moderator.
Knox: (chuckles) Alright then.

SCENE SHIFTS TO NEWSREPORT

Reporter: Tomorrow's debate on domestic concerns in Los Angeles, California between Governor Cordell and President Iverson has been cancelled due to Governor Cordell's sudden flu illness. Due to scheduling conflicts, the debate has been re-scheduled for next Friday, October 29th, just days before the election on November 2nd.

TELEVISION SHUTS OFF. CORDELL LAYS IN BED.

Cordell: Jesus Christ.

END SCENE
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »

Cordell's screwed.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »

SCENE OPENS - BACKSTAGE OF THIRD AND FINAL PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE - OCTOBER 29TH. GOVERNOR CORDELL AND STEVE KNOX STAND BEHIND THE CURTAIN.

Cordell: This is it, Steve, my man. This is it.
Knox: Polls are really closing and we're soaring in them. Give a good performance tonight and you'll be called Mr. President-elect in a few days.
Cordell: I'm just glad I'm over that awful flu bug...I haven't had one like that since back in '22.
Knox: (chuckles) Just be glad this debate isn't on foreign policy.
Cordell: Hardy har, Steve. I know...I stink on foreign issues. Who the hell cares honestly? We should be focused on our country, not the world.
Knox: That's the general argument coming from many Republicans...
Cordell: YEAH WELL...THEY CAN KISS MY YOU KNOW WHAT!
Knox: Keep that passion, John...the folks watching will love it.

SCENE SHIFTS TO DEBATE IN PROGRESS. MODERATOR ALLOWS A ROUND OF LINCOLN-DOUGLAS STYLE DEBATING WITH THE CANDIDATES SPEAKING DIRECTLY TO EACHOTHER.

Iverson: Governor Cordell, I can't understand why you refuse to comment on how you and Governor Slade will be raising people's taxes.
Cordell: Well, since I have to explain economics to you, Mr. President...let me be clear. We are only raising taxes on those in the upper class, people who can afford to pay more so that the lower and middle class can pay less.
Iverson: So...wait a minute Governor...if you want so badly to lower people's taxes...why are you raising them? (laughs) I mean, come on John.
Cordell: (laughs) Mr. President....JACK if I may (both men laugh), look...I will be cutting taxes for middle and lower income Americans. The fraction of people who will have increased taxes will be so well-off they won't be able to notice.
Iverson: Is that fair, Governor?
Cordell: Fair, Mr. President? You wanna talk about fairness? Is it fair that a hard working single mother of three in Des Moines, Iowa has to work two jobs and can't even afford her rent? Is it fair that a child who can't read can't find the best education that this country can offer? Is that fair? Is it fair that for the last 12 years...12 years, sir...we've had Republicans in the White House who haven't a clue about the needs of regular, middle American people? THAT is what is not fair, Mr. President. The deal you and Vice President Quinn are giving to the American people is not fair. That's why I'm here to change it.

SCENE SHIFTS TO POST-DEBATE, STEVE KNOX WALKS UP TO CORDELL BACKSTAGE. KNOX IS ON THE CELL PHONE AND WRITES ON A PIECE OF PAPER WITH A MARKER. HE HOLDS UP THE PAPER TO CORDELL. IT READS: "TIED NATIONALLY".

END SCENE
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2008, 09:53:04 PM »

OPEN SCENE - NOVEMBER 2ND - ELECTION DAY. GOVERNOR CORDELL, WIFE LESLIE AND DAUGHTER ASHLEY WALK INTO A SMALL BUILDING IN BINGER, OKLAHOMA. THE WALLS ARE OLD AND THE PAINT IS CRACKING, HAVING NOT BEEN PAINTED FOR ATLEAST 70 YEARS. FOUR BOOTHS ARE OPEN. CORDELL AND LESLIE BOTH WALK INTO A BOOTH. CORDELL LOOKS AT THE BALLOT.

----- FOR PRESIDENT -----

(DEMOCRATIC)

John William Cordell - PRESIDENT   
Vincent Slade - VICE PRESIDENT   

(REPUBLICAN)

Jackson Paul Iverson - PRESIDENT
Henry Robert Quinn - VICE PRESIDENT

CORDELL STARES FOR A MOMENT. POLLS ARE NOW EVEN. HIS NAME IS ON THE BALLOT THAT WILL DECIDE THE FUTURE OF THE COUNTRY. HE PROUDLY PUSHES THE BUTTON FOR THE DEMOCRATIC TICKET.

END SCENE

NEWSREPORT OPEN

Reporter: In a small old schoolhouse in Binger, Oklahoma, Democratic Presidential Nominee Gov. John Cordell along with his wife and daughter, cast his ballot for President.
Cordell: Let's go on to victory! (as he leaves voting booth)
Reporter: President Iverson voted in Duluth, Minnesota along with First Lady Jeanne Iverson. He said he is optimistic for tonight's result.
Iverson: It's been a good race...an interesting race. I feel optimistic.
Reporter: The Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee, Gov. Vince Slade voted in his hometown of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Republican Vice President Hank Quinn also voted in his hometown of Millcreek, Utah. Both men expressed confidence and were greeted by cheering crowds as they left the polling place.
Reporter: The President will be flying back to Washington to watch election results from the White House, while Governor Cordell and his family will be at the Governor's Mansion in Oklahoma awaiting returns.

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS - 6:45 PM EST/5:45 PM CST - GOVERNOR'S MANSION, OKLAHOMA. CORDELL STANDS BY A FOOD TABLE SET UP INSIDE A ROOM WITH STAFFERS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS. HE GRABS A BABY CORN AND A GLASS OF SCOTCH. LESLIE WALKS OVER.

Leslie: Now isn't the time to get drunk, John.
Cordell: (chuckles) I'm just nervous as hell.
Leslie: John, exit polls show it as dead even...and two new national polls show you have pulled ahead since the debate.
Cordell: How the hell do you know all this, Les?
Leslie: Steve filled me in. (chuckles)
Cordell: Well...polls close in 15 minutes...so let's go and watch them in the den.

CORDELL WALKS OVER TO HIS DAUGHTER, GOVERNOR SLADE AND HIS WIFE, AND STEVE KNOX.

Cordell: I want you guys in the den watching returns, too.

SCENE SHIFTS TO WHITE HOUSE, 6:59 PM EST. PRESIDENT IVERSON, CLEARLY NERVOUS, STANDS BY THE TELEVISION ALONE AS RESULTS BEGIN TO POUR IN.

ELECTION ALERT: WE CAN NOW PROJECT THAT THE POLLS ARE CLOSED IN INDIANA, VERMONT, KENTUCKY, SOUTH CAROLINA AND GEORGIA. WE ARE CALLING INDIANA, KENTUCKY, SOUTH CAROLINA AND GEORGIA FOR PRESIDENT IVERSON AND VERMONT FOR GOVERNOR CORDELL. THAT MAKES THE CURRENT ELECTORAL MAP LOOK LIKE THIS...

IVERSON: 42
CORDELL: 3

PRESIDENT IVERSON SITS IN A CHAIR AND RECLINES.

SHIFT BACK TO DEN AT GOVERNOR CORDELL'S VICTORY PARTY.

Cordell: Well that wasn't unexpected, you know?
Knox: Yep, yep...Iverson won all of those four years ago.
Cordell: (looks at Leslie) Just wait, babe! Just wait! (chuckles)

END SCENE

SCENE OPENS AT 7:30PM EST/6:30PM CST. GOVERNOR CORDELL IS POURING ANOTHER DRINK AND LESLIE EYES HIM. HE PUTS IT DOWN AND PICKS UP A CAN OF COKE. JUST THEN THE NEWS BREAKS IN.

ELECTION ALERT: WE HAVE TWO MORE CALLS TO MAKE...WE PROJECT THAT VIRGINIA AND WEST VIRGINIA WILL GO FOR IVERSON.

Cordell: DAMN! I wanted to steal West Virginia...hell...Slade and I campaigned like crazy there!
Slade: Just 2% of the vote in and Iverson's winning it by 20 points...holy cow!
Knox: Something ain't right...
Cordell: Damn skippy something ain't right!
Knox: Exit polls showed us down 5 points in VA...and we're losing it right now by 15 points.
Cordell: You sayin' the polls are wrong?
Knox: (looks down) They might well be, Governor.

SCENE SHIFTS BACK TO WHITE HOUSE, 7:55PM EST. PRESIDENT IVERSON WALKS OVER TO FIRST LADY JEANNE IVERSON.

Iverson: (in a romantic way) I'm getting that feeling, Jeanne.
Jeanne: (whispering) Oh Jack...not here! (giggles)
Iverson: (laughs) Not that, Jeanne...the feeling that...maybe this won't be such a gloomy night afterall.

JEANNE AND IVERSON KISS.

ELECTION ALERT: IT'S NOW EIGHT O'CLOCK IN THE EAST AND POLLS ARE CLOSED AND PROJECTIONS ARE READY TO BE MADE IN MANY STATES. HERE WE GO.

ALABAMA, IVERSON WILL WIN IT. CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, D.C., MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, AND ILLINOIS WILL ALL GO FOR CORDELL. THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY IS TOO CLOSE TO CALL.

PENNSYLVANIA, TOO CLOSE. MISSOURI, FLORIDA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, MAINE, MICHIGAN AND EVEN CORDELL'S HOMESTATE OF OKLAHOMA, TOO CLOSE TO CALL AT THIS TIME.

ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT

Iverson: 80
Cordell: 37

Cordell: Pennsylvania and Florida are gonna go my way...take that to the bank.
Knox: Governor Cordell...can I speak with you a minute in private.

CORDELL AND KNOX WALK OVER TO A CORNER.

Cordell: Tell me the truth, Steve.
Knox: (looks down and sighs) You're not going to win this election.
Cordell: (sighs) Are you sure?

ELECTION ALERT: WE ARE ABLE TO PROJECT THAT MISSOURI AND FLORIDA WILL GO FOR IVERSON, WITH 5% OF PRECINCTS REPORTING, BOTH STATES SHOW A STRONG LEAD FOR THE PRESIDENT. THAT PUTS IVERSON AT 107 ELECTORAL VOTES AS OF NOW.

Knox: (looks at Cordell) Pretty sure, sir.

END SCENE
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »

I just realized that the whole time I've been reading this thread, John Cordell has been Lawrence Fishburne to me.

Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2008, 11:09:03 PM »

I just realized that the whole time I've been reading this thread, John Cordell has been Lawrence Fishburne to me.

Yeah...pretty much that's what. Except a beard and glasses.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2008, 11:22:21 PM »

Well, I was kind of hoping he'd win. Sad
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2008, 11:30:41 PM »

Cordell will probably reveal a late-breaking sex scandal on Iverson and manage to swing enough Alaskan undecideds into his column, winning the race 270-268.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2008, 12:08:40 AM »

SCENE OPENS - 12AM

CURRENT ELECTORAL MAP SHOWS A HANDFUL OF STATES TOO CLOSE TO CALL. ONLY STATES NOT REPORTING YET ARE ALASKA AND HAWAII. GOVERNOR CORDELL, JACKET OFF, TIE LOOSENED, SIPS A COKE AND NIBBLES ON PRETZELS IN A DARK HOTEL ROOM, WIFE LESLIE RESTING HER HEAD ON HIS CHEST.

ELECTORAL VOTE COUNT

Iverson: 262
Cordell: 164

CORDELL GRABS A CIGAR OUT OF HIS SHIRT POCKET AND LIGHTS IT. HE PUFFS AND RECLINES. JUST THEN, THE NEWS BREAKS IN.

ELECTION ALERT: WE ARE NOW PROJECTING THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, THE PRESIDENT'S HOMESTATE, WILL GO HIS WAY...AND THAT PUTS HIM OVER THE TOP. PRESIDENT JACK IVERSON HAS JUST BEEN RE-ELECTED PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

CORDELL PUFFS ON HIS CIGAR, STANDS UP FROM THE COUCH. HIS WIFE HAS FALLEN ASLEEP. HE WALKS TO THE BAR AND POURS A VODKA. HE THEN WALKS INTO THE HOTEL HALLWAY AND WALKS UP TO KNOX.

Knox: I'm sorry, Governor.
Cordell: (smoking a cigar) Ya know, Steve. I had an epiphany a minute ago. I realized that the voters saw something I didn't.
Knox: What do you mean, Governor?
Cordell: Well...I saw myself as this great leader of "change". I was coming in as the fresh candidate to take on Washington. I thought Americans felt and believed and wanted that new change. But as I look at that map...and I see Iverson pushing into the 300+ electoral vote range...I realize that America didn't see me as that. They saw me as a flawed candidate. A pompous, arrogant, self-center crook. I mean....hell...afterall...I blackmailed the guy who everyone expected to be the nominee. I was a cheater...I fuc*ing cheated on that beautiful woman in that room over there...I...I guess I just never realized what I was...and that it would all come to bite me in the ass. We were never winning this thing. Polls were closing...but it didn't make a difference. Iverson had it. I mean, look at Jack Iverson. The most innocent, unharming man in the history of the White House. Who the hell was I trying to kid? That man's politics disgust me...but honestly...he deserved re-election more than the last President did...and my running against him was just making me look dumber. This whole race was run as something I thought people wanted and were rooting for...but tonight's results prove me wrong, Steve. I've been selfish. I've been arrogant. I've been a bad person. If I ever want another crack at that Oval Office, Steve, I'm gonna have to clean up my act...not just to win the voters over...but to win myself over.

KNOX DOESN'T SAY A WORD. CORDELL PULLS OUT HIS CELL PHONE AND A CARD IN HIS POCKET WITH THE PRESIDENT'S CONTACT INFORMATION ON IT. HE GLANCES AT THE ELECTORAL MAP.

Iverson: 351
Cordell: 164

CORDELL DIALS THE PHONE.

THE END
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2008, 03:12:29 AM »

I've always pictured him as a white guy, even though I know he's black.  lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies