Register!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:10:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Register!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Author Topic: Register!  (Read 47857 times)
dunn

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2004, 05:40:49 AM »

This progressive crap is gonna screw us over bigtime.

Yes, the Progessive's likely will take away votes from you guys.  But I imagine there'll be a lot of Republicans crossing their fingers, hoping that another third party doesn't come along which might take away votes from them as well.

There's still a LOT of time between now and election time.  So there's enough time for more parties to come along...

I guess what I'm saying is, don't fret...yet.

TR took ftom the reps. LaFollettee too

Um..yeah, but you're not TR or LaFollette. From your early description this party appeared to be to the left of the Dems rather than to the right...
not really. well...on some issues yes I geuss
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2004, 05:55:58 AM »

Yes, the Progessive's likely will take away votes from you guys.  But I imagine there'll be a lot of Republicans crossing their fingers, hoping that another third party doesn't come along which might take away votes from them as well.

There's still a LOT of time between now and election time.  So there's enough time for more parties to come along...

Um..yeah, but you're not TR or LaFollette. From your early description this party appeared to be to the left of the Dems rather than to the right...

Do you have a platform somewhere?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2004, 05:59:24 AM »

why aren't you supporting my alternate vote system, fellow Democrats? Not only is it actually fairer then first past the post, it also negates the loss of votes to the PP, and also allows them to gain alot of votes they may otherwise not have recieved because people were scared of them "stealing" votes from a candidate. If this happens alot, as it well might do, the pP might actually be elected, otherwise they have no hope, so why aren't they supporting it too? The only party that has anything to lose is the Republicans, and only because the system is being made fairer.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2004, 06:05:51 AM »

why aren't you supporting my alternate vote system, fellow Democrats? Not only is it actually fairer then first past the post, it also negates the loss of votes to the PP, and also allows them to gain alot of votes they may otherwise not have recieved because people were scared of them "stealing" votes from a candidate. If this happens alot, as it well might do, the pP might actually be elected, otherwise they have no hope, so why aren't they supporting it too? The only party that has anything to lose is the Republicans, and only because the system is being made fairer.

Lol...you might have made this into a partisan issue with that post...will be intetresting to see how that plays out! Cheesy
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2004, 06:08:30 AM »

Do you suggest we both edit it out of our posts and change it to "supercalafrajilistic"? It is my custom useless post Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2004, 06:10:26 AM »

Do you suggest we both edit it out of our posts and change it to "supercalafrajilistic"? It is my custom useless post Smiley

The majority of voters are progressives and Dems, so it probably gives you a better chnce than otherwise...especially since the Reps probably wouldn't have accepted an out-landish system anyway... Wink
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2004, 06:28:01 AM »

fair enough. Now to see if the water will let me shower Tongue
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2004, 07:40:40 AM »

I support the introduction of the Aussie system into Atlas
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2004, 09:52:02 AM »

I hear that 18 posts are necessary to register, which I have at present. Are there any further qualifications or constrictions?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2004, 10:46:58 AM »

I hear that 18 posts are necessary to register, which I have at present. Are there any further qualifications or constrictions?

Nope. Smiley I believe you jsut registered. Smiley
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2004, 10:58:24 AM »

If I am free to register, then I register as an independent, at least for now. I am torn between the Progressive and Democratic parties, and will choose between the two soon. (Sorry, Republicans!)
dunn

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2004, 11:47:11 AM »

Do you have a platform somewhere?

yeah
at http://ukconstitution.net/progressive/
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2004, 06:08:43 PM »

I declare my affiliation with the Progressive Party.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2004, 06:18:39 PM »

*cheers*
dunn

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2004, 06:29:22 PM »

I declare my affiliation with the Progressive Party.
As the party chairman I would like to welcome you and to give you the member card #7

Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2004, 06:35:45 PM »

As the party chairman I would like to welcome you and to give you the member card #7
Thank you, Mr Chairman.

I know of five members besides me: yourself, Mr Bell, Mr Trondheim, Al and ilikeverin. Whom would the sixth member be, if I am the seventh?
dunn

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2004, 06:39:32 PM »

Thank you, Mr Chairman.

I know of five members besides me: yourself, Mr Bell, Mr Trondheim, Al and ilikeverin. Whom would the sixth member be, if I am the seventh?
there was a guy here Manuel Esteban, from Chile. he declered him self as one that want to join, had his name on Peter's site for the convention and disappeared. didn't post since. He is #6, hope he comes back.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2004, 09:58:39 AM »

Thank you, Mr Chairman.

WHAT! When did Al join you? Shocked
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2004, 11:25:32 AM »

I don't think that Al is a member, but the others seem to think so. Maybe Al himself would like to give some clarification.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2004, 12:55:34 PM »

I don't think that Al is a member, but the others seem to think so. Maybe Al himself would like to give some clarification.

Considering the fact that he used to be a senator for the Democratic party and is a member of Nym90's cabinet. I'd certainly say that some clarification would be in order...
dunn

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2004, 04:02:44 PM »

Considering the fact that he used to be a senator for the Democratic party and is a member of Nym90's cabinet. I'd certainly say that some clarification would be in order...

he was at our convention and considered a progressive-democrat ticket at WV
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2004, 04:07:20 PM »

---Official Statement---

There was a possibility of the AFWVPP affiliating with the AFWVDP, but after disagreements over economic policy, the members of the AFWVDP rejected affiliation.

Al Realpolitik
Secretary of Labor
Chair AFUMW
Acting Chair AFWV Democrats
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2004, 04:28:42 PM »

---Official Statement---

There was a possibility of the AFWVPP affiliating with the AFWVDP, but after disagreements over economic policy, the members of the AFWVDP rejected affiliation.

Al Realpolitik
Secretary of Labor
Chair AFUMW
Acting Chair AFWV Democrats

You never told us why... Smiley
Justin
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2004, 04:51:48 PM »

I'll go ahead a re-register.
Kghadial
Rookie