"White Flight" in the Jackson MSA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:28:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  "White Flight" in the Jackson MSA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "White Flight" in the Jackson MSA  (Read 12227 times)
raggage

« on: September 20, 2004, 06:06:30 AM »

Compare population figures and election results in Hinds and Madison counties (MS) between 1976 and 2000

Anyone got a better example of the political effects of "White Flight"?

I know their has been "white flight" from Baltimore City since 1964 but I don't know if it has had any affect on how Democratic the city is. Although I do know the quality of life has declined as well as the asthetic beauty. Mostly because ghetto people don't care about improving their neighborhoods.

Are you trying to tell me that the 'ghetto' is exclusively not white? The way that comment was phrased ALMOST sounds racist in nature.
raggage

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 07:10:21 PM »

Compare population figures and election results in Hinds and Madison counties (MS) between 1976 and 2000

Anyone got a better example of the political effects of "White Flight"?

I know their has been "white flight" from Baltimore City since 1964 but I don't know if it has had any affect on how Democratic the city is. Although I do know the quality of life has declined as well as the asthetic beauty. Mostly because ghetto people don't care about improving their neighborhoods.

Are you trying to tell me that the 'ghetto' is exclusively not white? The way that comment was phrased ALMOST sounds racist in nature.

The majority of those who live in broke down poor inner cities are black. Its usually about 70-80%. YOU GO TO BALTIMORE CITY AND WHO ME ALL THESE WHITE PEOPLE LIVING IN THE GHETTO, OK? Get a clue. Just because you can't accept that fact does NOT make it racist.

Perhaps so, but the way you phrased that earlier post made it sound like the reason that the cities were suffering detrimental effects and 'ghetto culture' is because whites are leaving/are not there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies