"White Flight" in the Jackson MSA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:44:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  "White Flight" in the Jackson MSA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "White Flight" in the Jackson MSA  (Read 12215 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 19, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »

I would agree, but such solutions can't come from the people themselves, because they have too many other things to worry about, like simply trying to stay alive. It has to come from someone who has the resources along with the creativity to make it happen. Whether that comes from government or the private sector is irrelevant, but to blame the individuals for not caring when they have far bigger problems is not the right solution.

I spent the majority of my first 22 years of life growing up in a neighborhood that was 95% black.  So trust me when I tell you that most poor people in America are poor because they are fools.  They constantly make choices that perpetuate their poverty and it carries over into the appearance of their homes (and thus their neighborhoods).

We had no more money than anyone else on our block.  But we made sure the grass in our yard was cut and our trees and shrubs were trimmed.  We refused government help because we understood it would make us dependent.  We instead invested in ourselves and made choices to better ourselves.  And now my whole family (my parents, my three bothers, and myself) are out of poverty.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:19:14 AM »

Nym90,

Illegals crossing the boarder have no trouble finding jobs.  Why?  Because they are willing to work!

90% of the poor people I have been in contact with (whether they are black, white, brown...live in the city or country) are IGNORANT.

Everyone probably goes broke at least once in their lives, but to be in a constant state of poverty in this country is a sign that something is wrong with the individual.

For instance, during the BOOM, the unemployment rate was still 4%...who the heck were these 4%?  If you couldn't find a job during the boom, then you were simply unemployable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies