Prediction: Mark Warner will never be president
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:26:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Prediction: Mark Warner will never be president
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Prediction: Mark Warner will never be president  (Read 10064 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 01:31:24 AM »

I still think Warner has an excellent shot to win the nomination in 2016.  Biden will probably be too old to run, and Warner, after 4 years as an incredibly successful Governor, and 8 years as a Senator, will have the credentials to win.  He also has the incredible wealth that could finance a strong primary campaign, and win over independents in Iowa and New Hampshire.

I think you must be the only person in the country who thinks Warner is the messiah.  A pseudo-centrist Democrat, who is about as charismatic as a tree stump, won't go very far in my opinion.   

I don't think he's the Messiah; I think he's an incredibly talented politician and administrator who would make a great President.

Why? Why do you like him so much? He seems like a typical center-right Democrat. Not the right choice for a Confederate revanchist protectionsit Jew.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »

I think Warner would be a good President, but he wouldn't excite the base enough to win. 

I think He would excite the Moderate dems, which I tend to see in Iowa and New Hampshire.
But, to win he would have had to FIRMLY establish himself in Swing States and Red States.

I Believe, Warner will wait 'till 2020. Something tells me that Obama will be enormously popular, but the Dems will go down in flames in 2016. He may be 66, but many some Over 60s (Especially in the GOP)  get the nod. They just usually don't win. Kerry (actually he is the only one I could think of)
Well, Warner will break tradition in 2020.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 10:34:29 PM »

Why? Why do you like him so much? He seems like a typical center-right Democrat. Not the right choice for a Confederate revanchist protectionsit Jew.

I've already said why I like him so much.  And I'm hardly a Confederate revanchist.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2008, 04:47:16 PM »

I've already said why I like him so much.  And I'm hardly a Confederate revanchist.

Don't seem to remember it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »

Don't seem to remember it.

He is an extremely capable administrator, who turned Virginia into the best managed state in the country, and is a moderate.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2008, 07:01:05 PM »

I still think Warner has an excellent shot to win the nomination in 2016.  Biden will probably be too old to run, and Warner, after 4 years as an incredibly successful Governor, and 8 years as a Senator, will have the credentials to win.  He also has the incredible wealth that could finance a strong primary campaign, and win over independents in Iowa and New Hampshire.

I think you must be the only person in the country who thinks Warner is the messiah.  A pseudo-centrist Democrat, who is about as charismatic as a tree stump, won't go very far in my opinion.   

yeah, Warner's lack of charisma and big ideas will keep him from the top spot. Compare his DNC Keynote speech with Brian Schweitzer's speech. That's ok though, he seems like he'd do great in the Senate.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 09:18:16 PM »

Warner just COULD be President. My guess is 2020. 2016 will be a republican year. And Yes He will be 66, But have $260 Million for ADs in Iowa and New Hampshire. He could of ran this year, but Hillary probably scared him.

That'd be my guess as well; the only question is if Iowa and New Hampshire will still matter, or if things will have been changed.  He would benefit from regional primaries, I think, because he'd likely sweep the South.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies