NC: Survey USA: McCrory up by 3%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:09:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NC: Survey USA: McCrory up by 3%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC: Survey USA: McCrory up by 3%  (Read 2193 times)
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2008, 03:23:16 PM »

New Poll: North Carolina Governor by Survey USA on 2008-10-20

Summary: D: 43%, R: 46%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:53:07 PM »

Three governor polls. One has McCrory up. One has Perdue up. The other is tied. North Carolina will be wild on election night. The only certain thing seems to be that Dole has lost.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »

I still think Dole has a better chance than McCrory.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:39:09 PM »

Good news.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:15:55 AM »

McCrory may be one of the surprise winners in an open seat in a year where Republicans get purged accross the board.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 01:17:27 AM »

McCrory may be one of the surprise winners in an open seat in a year where Republicans get purged accross the board.

Maybe so. I'm afraid if turnout is big for Obama that Perdue will be pulled through on his coattails.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »

Maybe so. I'm afraid if turnout is big for Obama that Perdue will be pulled through on his coattails.

I don't think so. McCrory could win this. If you look at the latest SUSA crosstabs, the Mayor of Charlotte gets very good numbers in the Charlotte area, whereas McCain and Dole don't. This could put him on top on Election Day.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=73cdcb54-f808-4353-adb7-2fd69b8e66aa
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 01:38:01 AM »

I don't think so. McCrory could win this. If you look at the latest SUSA crosstabs, the Mayor of Charlotte gets very good numbers in the Charlotte area, whereas McCain and Dole don't. This could put him on top on Election Day.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=73cdcb54-f808-4353-adb7-2fd69b8e66aa

That could be true. They say that he'll get killed down east because eastern North Carolinians are wary of Charlotte politicians. But it looks like the Libertarian is getting a lot of support among the 18-24 year olds, which may offset some support Perdue may have gotten from Obama.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 01:43:14 AM »

I honestly don't see how anyone could vote for both Obama and McCrory. That just boggles my mind beyond comprehension.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

Three governor polls. One has McCrory up. One has Perdue up. The other is tied. North Carolina will be wild on election night. The only certain thing seems to be that Dole has lost.

The only poll that has Perdue up is from a Democratic pollster.  We give PPP a lot of undeserved credibility here.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 10:58:05 AM »

The only poll that has Perdue up is from a Democratic pollster.  We give PPP a lot of undeserved credibility here.

Well, and Daily Kos/R2K.  But that's not a Democratic pollster.......
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »

Well, and Daily Kos/R2K.  But that's not a Democratic pollster.......

And SUSA has been very pro-Republican in their NC results.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 12:30:04 PM »

Everything I would have assumed about North Carolina in a Presidential year has been upside down: The Democratic candidate for President is leading, and an incumbent Republican Senator is trailing.  It would only stand to reason that the Republican candidate for Governor would win for the first time in forever just to perplex the living hell out of us all.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »

PPP once totally and brutally owned every other pollster: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008D/polls.php?fips=55
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 01:07:41 PM »

PPP once totally and brutally owned every other pollster: https://uselectionatlas.org/POLLS/PRESIDENT/2008D/polls.php?fips=55

In a Democratic primary, sure.  I'm more concerned with a partisan pollster's track record in general elections.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 09:08:17 PM »

Those are some mighty suspicious crosstabs.  Dole down in Charlotte but up in Raleigh?  C'mon.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies