Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:50:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Party
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited Party  (Read 4366 times)
Earth

Political Matrix
E: -9.61, S: -9.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:43:22 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2008, 08:33:02 PM by Earth »

Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited (colloquially referred to as, "beating a dead horse")

A spectre is haunting Europe—the spectre of Horse Painting...

Inspired by Freemasonry's almost fanatical devotion to Freddie Mercury-style flamboyance, The "Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited" Party has, at it's heart, the need to reflect, with exaggeration, all of culture, from every angle, from  the minutiae, to the cosmic. In order to undermine repressive ideologies, and authoritarian control, our foundations lie in the absurd, comical, childish, sarcastic, subversive, bizarre, tragic, eccentric, irreverent, surreal, satiric turns of everyday existence. The use of adjectives are encouraged. We strive to juxtapose and merge the surreal with the commonplace, the divine with the profane, the casual with the formal, and so on.

The "Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited" Party was founded by a small associated number of diverse organizations, each one, a credit to their respective causes, such as the "'Horse takes up Swimming' Beer Connoisseur's Auxiliary", or the "Abortionists with Knitted Hand Gloves",  or the "Schadenfreude Psychoanalysts with Nice Faces".

As their founding member, and self appointed "Führer und Oberster Befehlshaber der Klowns" or "Kompaniechef" or "Führerschein" (driver's license), our quest is to redefine and open the dynamic between individuals, and to narrow the ever widening gap between political parties, and their members. Our aim is to create a healthy environment for discourse, while we morph a situation into the absurd. An uncaring, and apathetic attitude towards established procedure in atlasia will not be tolerated. In order to clear up whatever lingering doubts there might be to our veracity, I will list our platform in excruciating, unnecessary detail:

-The party's structure shall be nonhierarchical, with no division between members. Membership is free, although subject to various theatrical guidelines. Titles are purely symbolic, and intended for comedic effect.

- Equine artisans will be given an honorary lifetime membership upon verbal request.

- If a party member elects to run for office, membership shall convene and vote to establish legitimacy. No member, regardless of symbolic title, shall be given preferential treatment. Corruption and unethical behavior will not be tolerated. Corruption to be determined.

- In order to equal the Polish, militarily, all member submarines shall be fitted for screen doors.

- Enjoyment, critical thinking, and a sense of humor is of the utmost importance. If need be, these shall be used to satirize the party itself. References to history, and the use of political symbols and terminology are for satirical effect. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

- No slavery. 

- Molded plastic, and other inanimate objects shall be considered as having a political consciousness (For the use of teddy bears and other people as stand-ins).

- Outdated Prussian maps as valid.

- Free asparagus for persons whose age is a prime number.

- Banning the colour silver.

- Promote the increase in letters in the alphabet to 32.

- Demand that all persons delivering political speeches must dress up as  an animal.

- In any instance of failure, one must be met by the "Price is Right" losing horns.

- Flan is the national dessert. (Pending discussion)

- Squash is your foe

(optional negative characterization of toasters forth coming)

Further addendums to the platform and bylaws to be determined.

The era of Horse Painting has begun...

S.P.Q.A.

Senātus Populusque Absurdus

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 01:37:19 PM »

Are these works available for purchase?
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 01:46:02 PM »

I'm glad you asked. Here is the website.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 05:17:57 PM »

I thought I knew everything about you......now....this....

You never fail to surprise.

I'm an RPP member, but I may just join this popular movement of absurdism. You know if the regions are eliminated or something. And there's a civil war.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »

Outstanding!

I motion that to include the following planks:

- Free asparagus for persons whose age is a prime number.

- Banning the colour silver.

- Promote the increase in letters in the alphabet to 32.

- Demand that all persons delivering political speeches must dress up as  an animal.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 10:14:47 PM »

Absurdity has a noble history in the Midwest!  A salad bar in every restaurant!
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »

I thought I knew everything about you......now....this....

You never fail to surprise.

I'm an RPP member, but I may just join this popular movement of absurdism. You know if the regions are eliminated or something. And there's a civil war.

Just seeing how far an idea like this can spread. Smiley

I've updated the manifesto to include Jas' suggestions. Very good.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 02:20:22 PM »

I've updated the manifesto to include Jas' suggestions. Very good.

Hooray! Grin
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 12:50:32 AM »

Add to the platform:

His Royal Highness, Prince Charles of Wales.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 01:24:55 AM »

add

- In any instance of failure, one must be met by the "Price is Right" losing horns.
- Flan is the national dessert.
- Squash is your foe
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 05:40:50 AM »

Seconded, indeed I motion that this be made the national anthem!
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »

Seconded, indeed I motion that this be made the national anthem!
let us rise to acknowledge the grand anthem of our people.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 07:30:57 PM »

Thirded for the "Price Is Right" Theme as anthem.

There's a world of deliciousness that mustn't be overlooked. Let's not be hasty with declaring Flan the national dessert.

Thoughts?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 07:41:01 PM »

Thirded for the "Price Is Right" Theme as anthem.

There's a world of deliciousness that mustn't be overlooked. Let's not be hasty with declaring Flan the national dessert.

Thoughts?
I think flan is a bold stand that establishes our validity as a party.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:29:59 PM »

I was thinking of Pumpkin Pie peppered with mustard seeds, and served in a presidential ashtray. The symbolism would be astounding.

edit: Updated manifesto.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2008, 10:12:26 PM by Earth »

Horse takes up painting, has works exhibited

Quando omni flunkus, mortati

"When all else fails, play dead."

My friends, surrealist comrades, well wishers, the political landscape is bankrupt. It has misshapen our ideals, and divided us. Out of a need to reclaim lost moments, and unite our absurd world, the Horse Takes Up Painting Party is reaching out. After careful consideration, our platform must be clarified further, and our satiric anti-pseudo-bureaucracy fleshed out.

1. The conception of time must be abolished. In order to live as relatively free people, we must emulate the lackadaisical attitude of your common house dog. Not as satire, per se, but in order to foster an environment of free expression, and camaraderie. Crotch sniffing is optional (subtly encouraged). As a house dog spends his time in leisure developing his metaphysical philosophy, we must make our time equally as valuable, so we may put it to good use. The characterization of the dog as lazy, and unintelligent is false, a straw man used sadly to great effect by our detractors. Just as the horse will not walk over an uncovered bridge, we shall not walk into an ideological ambush. We must prepare. Prepare with ample nap time, nice looking but humble grooming habits, and a healthy skepticism that would put the cynics to shame.

2. Abolish the notion of a linear history. When can it be said that certain elements should be brought back upon culture that somehow laid dormant? As a way of formulating a realistically absurd platform, one must take into account the various activities that history, and the modern day has labeled "antiquated", and to re-imagine them as a force of positive surrealist social change. For example, clubbing women. As the stereotypical caveman found his wife, clubbed her, and dragged her back to his bachelor cave, we must club the idea that once an idea has passed, that it can never be resurrected again. More so, we must club the idea that what we engage in today is somehow more suited to us, more "progressive", and better equipped to deal with the problems we face. We must examine every facet of existence, from the allegedly modern, to the primordial, in order to decide our best course of action.

3. The need for the theatrical. If we are to establish ourselves as a force for positive change, whether it be economic, or social, we must stoop to the level that even a mentally challenged fascist can understand- the image. If we are to consider ourselves as better suited to lead than our detractors, with a greater vision for the health of humanity, than let that be expressed through images. Not only the propagandist products of our campaign, but through the manner in which we engage with our fellow man, average Joe and politician alike. As we are a non-hierarchical organization with strong individualist streaks, we can assign a symbolic meaning to the articles of clothing we wear, if we choose to wear anything at all. While image is important to manifest one's desire in the visual, it cannot be the defining factor. We cannot bog ourselves down with choosing matching outfits for everyday of the week while shirking our other responsibilities. Moderation is key.

4. Establish an earnest personal vision along with the absurd. If we are to be taken as a serious party, we must temper our absurdist vision with practical positions on issues. As a political party, this is also key. This is not to say that an earnest position cannot be held by a party advocating the comical, simply that the two forces conceptually once apposed to one another must be assimilated into one. As an organization dedicated to the idea of being free, we mustn't force our ideas upon one another. We mustn't fall into the trap that countless others have fallen into, or manipulated to their advantage. Clarity is the key. Obscurantism in absurdity only.

5. The toaster as the proverbial enemy. With every great political party to mock at our disposal, we must emulate a certain key political element, that is the concept of an enemy. The enemy of the good, the enemy of the people, the enemy of freedom, what have you. I suggest the Toaster. As a piece of technology, it just sits there. It sits on the counter and insults. It mocks us, and it mocks the hardship we face day in, and day out. In the realm of singular use items, the toaster reigns supreme. In our effort to combat the disconnected situations we live in, the toaster is the symbolic enemy, separating us from personally browning our own bread. As a tool to rally support around, there by strengthening our legitimacy, we must combat the control the toaster has over us. As a singular use item, it browns bread. Period. That, conceptually, is what we must overcome. If we are to brown bread by hand, so be it.

6. The importance of every member, and potential ones. As a collective, we must not lose sight of the individuals that make up the membership. One is not superior to another, regardless of self proclaimed title. We must not lose sight of common decency, nor manners, even if we are to act as if we were raised by wolves. We must recognize that there are no differences that matter in a substantial way that would place us above our opposition, nor the citizens we potentially would lead. If we are to create better conditions for ourselves and others, then it stands to reason the first place to start is with each other. In order to foster a better environment, nothing must remain hidden. We must be transparent. If there is nothing to hide, then there is nothing to lose.

Further points may be expressed, and elaborated on, please feel free to discuss.

Amantium irae amoris integratio est

"The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love"

S.P.Q.A.

Senātus Populusque Absurdus

Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2008, 11:07:45 PM by Earth »

Current "Horse Takes Up Painting, Has Works Exhibited" Party Membership:

Jas
State of Confusion [Iowa]
(joined October 17, 2008)

ilikeverin
State of Happiness [Minnesota]

Sensei
State of Happiness [Montana]
(joined October 18, 2008)

Morning Star
State of Mind [New York]
(November 2, 2008)

Earth
State of Mind [New York]
(Founder, October 17, 2008)

Come one, come all!
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »

Quando omni flunkus, mortati

"When all else fails, play dead."

I see we have a Red Green fan.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 06:39:56 AM »

*standing ovation*
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 09:28:16 AM »

You guys deserve major party status
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 11:16:49 AM »

*falls off chair, plays glissando on trombone*
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 01:27:08 AM »

After much consideration I'm leaning towards joining the party. My decision will wait until after the election, as I am a member of the RPP at the moment. However, I was struck with the emotionally compelling nature of your arguments on submission to household appliances. From here forward I know that I must clean my septic by sheer effort of my tongue. This is only proper considering the grave problems we now face.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »

Current "Horse Takes Up Painting, Has Works Exhibited" Party Membership:

Jas
State of Confusion [Iowa]

ilikeverin

Sensei
(joined October 18, 2008)

Earth
State of Mind [New York]
(Founder, October 17, 2008)

Come one, come all!
i'm from Montana.
Earth

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:33 PM »

Whoops, my apologies. I hastily copied and pasted. 
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 02:27:52 AM »

I would be honored for this prestigious party's endorsement in the ongoing Presidential election!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies