Agree or Disagree: Day 6: McDonalds is disgusting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 01:17:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Agree or Disagree: Day 6: McDonalds is disgusting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Agree or Disagree: Day 6: McDonalds is disgusting
Agree

Disagree

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Author Topic: Agree or Disagree: Day 6: McDonalds is disgusting  (Read 2877 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »

Disagree.

I love McDonalds........or at least I used to Sad
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 12:33:54 PM »

MacDonald's gives good value for the money. It is sort of like putting down Walmart. I drop in to Walmart once in awhile. In fact I bought some socks and underwear, T shirts and light bulbs  there just this last weekend. I am just amazed how low the prices are. I can understand, why a very unrepresentative sample of my community shop there.

Unrepresentative = poor?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »

Disagree.

I love McDonalds........or at least I used to Sad

What do you mean?
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2008, 01:53:05 PM by riceowl »

disagree.  but Whataburger is a better drunk place.

ETA: Though, bacon, arent you in Nola?  The Krystal at the end of bourbon street is where ive had my best end-of-drinking rampages through fast food.

ah, krystal.  wish you were here.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »

I agree, because it often disgusts me.  Though I still do eat there on very rare occasions for convenience sake.  Very rare though.

A more valid criticism is that even in its rather unhealth sector, it is much worse than many others - even worse than most other large chains like Burger King,etc.  The food is just too mushy.  Crispy little fried-oniony diner style burgers can be good.. don't know of major chains wich make those.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »

MacDonald's gives good value for the money. It is sort of like putting down Walmart. I drop in to Walmart once in awhile. In fact I bought some socks and underwear, T shirts and light bulbs  there just this last weekend. I am just amazed how low the prices are. I can understand, why a very unrepresentative sample of my community shop there.

Unrepresentative = poor?

Quite. Normally the poor, or those in neighborhoods adjacent,  have the good sense to stay out of sight when not working, but apparently the allure of Walmart is too much. Perhaps it is the closest one to them from their red lined census tracts, and are willing to spend the gas money to get there. In any event, the whole spectacle kind of suffuses me with joy really: retail service folks at work  at the minimum wage, selling stuff to folks earning the minimum wage. It takes a village you know, and here the "poors" have found one for themselves, at which they are can be observed helping each other.

And there you have it. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 07:43:33 PM »

Crispy little fried-oniony diner style burgers can be good.. don't know of major chains wich make those.

Krystals or White Castle would be your best bet. Steak'n'Shake makes a great burger as well.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 08:49:11 PM »

Crispy little fried-oniony diner style burgers can be good.. don't know of major chains wich make those.

Krystals or White Castle would be your best bet. Steak'n'Shake makes a great burger as well.

Steak n Shake is one of the best chain restaurants ever. EVERYTHING on the menu is delicious.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »

Steak n Shake is one of the best chain restaurants ever. EVERYTHING on the menu is delicious.
this. In my non-Vegetarian days... damn...
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 11:18:25 PM »

this. In my non-Vegetarian days... damn...

Never heard of it. But it's by definition worse than In-N-Out, the only fast food chain with a menu small enough to have eaten everything on it.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

Thanks States.  There are White Castles all over St. Louis but their burgers are most definitely not crispy.. though they are oniony.  We also have Steak and Shakes all over the place.. they're OK...  I guess Krystals is the same as White Castle.. I'd like to try In-N-Out Burger but have never seen one.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »

Strongly Agree.  I try to avoid the place.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2008, 11:17:03 PM »

I'd like to try In-N-Out Burger but have never seen one.

You'd have to come out to California (or its satellite states) to find one. But they are ubiquitous in urban areas here.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies